Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Don't pay any attention to polls...people don't have to reveal who they're voting for to some nosey-parker.

I will be voting for Casey (as will lots of people i know) PURELY because he had the backbone to cite issues involving travellers that most of the pusilanimous population are afraid to voice.

You won't hear elephant in the room discussions about traveller or foreigner misdeeds because your typical beta-male milllenial is terrified of being labelled as something or other that might get him into "trouble" on twitter.

Great leaders identify issues and try to raise everyone up. People like Casey mouth issues without any policies to divide people. Sow division and get the idiots to vote for them.

The bit i bolded. You get a foreigner caught doing something wrong so lets tar every foreigner the same as the culprit. Funnily enough we have plenty of Irish people doing wrong but you don't tar all Irish people the same way.

And before you say it i was born way before the millennial era.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

First poll sees Casey on 9% with McGuinness running away with it on 26%, Ming and Carthy following.
    image.png

Only surprise for me is the FF vote.
    Based on that it's potentially two FG seats with McGuinness romping home in 1. Surprised at that possibility actually. Ming and Carthy look absolutely safe and 7% is complete no-hoper territory for Casey.

Don't pay any attention to polls...people don't have to reveal who they're voting for to some nosey-parker.

I will be voting for Casey (as will lots of people i know) PURELY because he had the backbone to cite issues involving travellers that most of the pusilanimous population are afraid to voice.

You won't hear elephant in the room discussions about traveller or foreigner misdeeds because your typical beta-male milllenial is terrified of being labelled as something or other that might get him into "trouble" on twitter.
    There are really not that many hidden Casey voters out there. Looks like he'll be in or around that at this stage, 10% would be pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,181 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

is_that_so wrote: »
    There are really not that many hidden Casey voters out there. Looks like he'll be in or around that at this stage, 10% would be pretty impressive.

Yeh, clear from the poll that Casey is an also ran again in this one. I am sure his support will make something of a victory out of however he does. I will just be glad he doesn't succeed to get into Irish politics with his poisonous attitude to it.
    Gimme a crusty with some semblance of integrity any day, over a millionaire with none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Yeh, clear from the poll that Casey is an also ran again in this one. I am sure his support will make something of a victory out of however he does. I will just be glad he doesn't succeed to get into Irish politics with his poisonous attitude to it.
    Gimme a crusty with some semblance of integrity any day, over a millionaire with none.

I wouldn't be totally sure of that yet, a week is a long time in politics and there are two left. I hope he doesn't get a seat because he doesn't deserve it, but it's plausible that he will.

• Advertisement

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I wouldn't be totally sure of that yet, a week is a long time in politics and there are two left. I hope he doesn't get a seat because he doesn't deserve it, but it's plausible that he will.
    Yeah it is but he's not a politician and hasn't a clue how to exploit such a concept. By the looks of things the three front runners are way too far ahead and fourth place seems to have her one foot in the door waiting for all those lovely transfers to fall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

ollkiller wrote: »
    The bit i bolded. You get a foreigner caught doing something wrong so lets tar every foreigner the same as the culprit. Funnily enough we have plenty of Irish people doing wrong but you don't tar all Irish people the same way.

Nobody said anything about "all" foreigners or "all" travellers.

I was saying that nowadays NO debate will be entertained on *any* foreigners or travellers committing crime because the standard response from a lot of online experts is to shut the debate down by screaming Racism or Xenophobia.

This is one of the reasons the Rotherham rape gangs were allowed to ply their trade for so long..the police were afraid to target the people involved for fear of damaging "race relations".

So the PC brigade are more worried about hurting the feelings of rapists than they are in the welfare of thier children.

Heard about the case of human slavery that was in the news here in ireland a few months back?

Dissappeared from the news as quickly as the story broke..now why do you suppose that was?

I was saying that nowadays NO debate will be entertained on *any* foreigners or travellers committing crime because the standard response from a lot of online experts is to shut the debate down by screaming Racism or Xenophobia.

As tired a myth as it was this time last year.

There is plenty of discussion of these issues in the media I consume. Maybe you should change the media you consume?

Do I care if discussion of this is shut down on Daily Mail type outlets...not one bit to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

As tired a myth as it was this time last year.

There is plenty of discussion of these issues in the media I consume. Maybe you should change the media you consume?

Consuming media is a thing now??

Consuming media is a thing now??

It's not just loo paper you know. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Just don’t get how the terms ‘he tells it how it is’, ‘straight talking’ etc are all associated with casey. The Majority of his utterances are negative and he cynically used the traveler ethnicity debate and also anti emigration sentiments during the presidential election......if he had become president or if he does become a MEP how would/will he be able to any way implement/follow through on his policies........answer is he can’t/won’t be able to.......! He should try address the electorate with some real policies that he could possibly have some influence in implementing rather than the lowest common denominator / tabloid things he spouts that he hasn’t a chance in hell of every doing anything about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Road-Hog wrote:
    Just don’t get how the terms ‘he tells it how it is’, ‘straight talking’ etc are all associated with casey. The Majority of his utterances are negative and he cynically used the traveler ethnicity debate and also anti emigration sentiments during the presidential election......if he had become president or if he does become a MEP how would/will he be able to any way implement/follow through on his policies........answer is he can’t/won’t be able to.......! He should try address the electorate with some real policies that he could possibly have some influence in implementing rather than the lowest common denominator / tabloid things he spouts that he hasn’t a chance in hell of every doing anything about

No different than any of the other first timers seeking election.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    He actually can't. He goes out with a blank slate to talk to people and just echoes back what some of them seem to be saying. When one or two of his half thought-out ideas resonates he sticks with them until they don't. He's the archetypal populist and very much a Trump clone and he will top the poll according to himself.

He actually can't. He goes out with a blank slate to talk to people and just echoes back what some of them seem to be saying. When one or two of his half thought-out ideas resonates he sticks with them until they don't. He's the archetypal populist and very much a Trump clone and he will top the poll according to himself.

And if he doesn't it will be because of media bias, an establishment conspiracy etc etc

And if he doesn't it will be because of media bias, an establishment conspiracy etc etc

Regardless of how he polls I expect to see Casey Part III in the GE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I have no particular liking for any of the candidates. Will most likely vote going by what the candidates look like.

Ie:
    Look like a greedy parasite = no vote.
    Look like a teacher =no vote.
    A minority = no vote

Etc

Regardless of how he polls I expect to see Casey Part III in the GE.

Stuck on the backbenchs would be the place for him. Then maybe he might get around to actually doing something for society.

A very poor version of George Lee. The huge downside to him getting elected is that he might fancy yet another Presidential run and then the Euros and then the GE ...

A very poor version of George Lee. The huge downside to him getting elected is that he might fancy yet another Presidential run and then the Euros and then the GE ...

One of two things will happen or maybe both: his base will have found another truth speaking saviour or he will get bored having to roll up his sleeves when he realised soundbytes don't cut it when you have to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

One of two things will happen or maybe both: his base will have found another truth speaking saviour or he will get bored having to roll up his sleeves when he realised soundbytes don't cut it when you have to do something.

Sounds like your talking about the current government there

• Advertisement

declan2693 wrote: »
    Sounds like your talking about the current government there

I have my issues with the current government but they are in a different league to the bould 'I want the top job immediately' Peter.

In the latest poll things don't seem to have changed too much. Off 10% he can't really do it and Walsh looking good for final seat.

McGuinness 27%
    Matt Carty 14%
    Luke Ming 12%
    Casey 10%
    Walsh 10%
    Smith 9%
    Rabbittee 6%
    McGugh 4%
    Hannigan 3%
    Healy Eames 2%
    Renua 2%
    PBP 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I have no particular liking for any of the candidates. Will most likely vote going by what the candidates look like.

Ie:
    Look like a greedy parasite = no vote.
    Look like a teacher =no vote.
    A minority = no vote

Etc

Why would you automatically not vote for somebody from a minority?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

In the latest poll things don't seem to have changed too much. Off 10% he can't really do it and Walsh looking good for final seat.

McGuinness 27%
    Matt Carty 14%
    Luke Ming 12%
    Casey 10%
    Walsh 10%
    Smith 9%
    Rabbittee 6%
    McGugh 4%
    Hannigan 3%
    Healy Eames 2%
    Renua 2%
    PBP 1%
    So it looks like the good times are going to roll for the SF substitute after the General Election

Edgware wrote: »
    So it looks like the good times are going to roll for the SF substitute after the General Election
    Yep, but Casey has an eye on our big house and would certainly do the same, his sub is his wife I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Peter Casey, a man who believes he has what it takes to represent Ireland on an international political stage, is currently having a twitter fight with a Luke 'Ming' Flanagan parody account, who last posted in 2013.

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995215269912576

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995528966189056

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995660700786688

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Peter Casey, a man who believes he has what it takes to represent Ireland on an international political stage, is currently having a twitter fight with a Luke 'Ming' Flanagan parody account, who last posted in 2013.

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995215269912576

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995528966189056

https://twitter.com/CaseyPeterJ/status/1130995660700786688

I don’t think Peter runs that Twitter account. It tweets while he is on TV etc. You probably already knew this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I don’t think Peter runs that Twitter account. It tweets while he is on TV etc. You probably already knew this.

One intelligent person here. I salute you

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He doesnt hire professional staff then.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He doesnt hire professional staff then.

Who said he did??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement