Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I don’t think Peter runs that Twitter account. It tweets while he is on TV etc. You probably already knew this.

Its possible to have multiple people login to the same account, from the stupid stuff posted i fully believe peter casey posts to it and indeed was responsible for these posts specifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its possible to have multiple people login to the same account, from the stupid stuff posted i fully believe peter casey posts to it and indeed was responsible for these posts specifically.

Ah well if you believe it, it must be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

He's worth a few quid at 4 to 1. Good value at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Case closed so. Random internet guy knows the score

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who said he did??

Well it shows his complete incompetence

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Would you consider Gerry Adams incompetent?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Would you consider Gerry Adams incompetent?
    Could you not pick someone better like Enda Kenny and his use of the N word in a joke.
    Or all those involved in the new children's hospital.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Case closed so. Random internet guy knows the score

LOL so instead of me, a random internet guy, knowing the score you instead choose to believe the other random internet people as their theories fall in line with what you would like to have happened. That's a great little bubble youve constructed around yourself.

I do love being attacked for having an opinion though, quite mature of you instead of simply trying to try prove why I might be wrong, its what makes the internet great

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another who started well and then just went Rock bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don’t think Peter runs that Twitter account. It tweets while he is on TV etc. You probably already knew this.

He owns that account though. It's a verified account for a political campaign.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote:
    LOL so instead of me, a random internet guy, knowing the score you instead choose to believe the other random internet people as their theories fall in line with what you would like to have happened. That's a great little bubble youve constructed around yourself.
    I do love being attacked for having an opinion though, quite mature of you instead of simply trying to try prove why I might be wrong, its what makes the internet great
    I don't think you were 'attacked'.
    Somebody disagreed with you. You seem to take offense to they as you are attacking the person in this post.
    You are well entitled to your opinion but other people are entitled to disagree with your opinion.
    Just so you know i disagree with you too. I don't believe Peter Casey wrote that, I'd guess his account was hacked.
    I don't think he'd be trawling through old tweets of Ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

eagle eye wrote: »
    Somebody disagreed with you. You seem to take offense to they as you are attacking the person in this post.
    You are well entitled to your opinion but other people are entitled to disagree with your opinion.
    Just so you know i disagree with you too. I don't believe Peter Casey wrote that, I'd guess his account was hacked.
    I don't think he'd be trawling through old tweets of Ming.

This is the man who falsely accused Michael D Higgins for a few extra votes, we are talking about.
    He'd be just the type of man who'd be trawling for whatever dirt he could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You can schedule Tweets with 3rd part tools! It would make sense to have them running while he's on TV.

This is the man who falsely accused Michael D Higgins for a few extra votes, we are talking about. He'd be just the type of man who'd be trawling for whatever dirt he could find.
    I think it's more like something that Walsh would do based on her recent shenanigans.

I think it's more like something that Walsh would do based on her recent shenanigans.

Peter ACTUALLY did it.

Peter ACTUALLY did it.

Did he say that?

Its called playing the man not the ball. If someone does it to me i dont see whay i shouldn't do it to them. Not withstanding the constructive criticism i gave them on how to constructively address things they disagree with in future

That's fvcking hilarious, if he had been hacked he would have been out crying about it within 24 hours of it happening, there's not been a peep though, in fact the tweets are still visible.

Heres why i believe he wrote them. Hes playing quite obviously from the trump populisms fake "man of the people" playbook, trump runs his own twitter account ergo its very likely casey in an attempt to immitate him and his success also runs his own, excepting for the generic campaign garbage the account auto tweets.

It was done a few hours after what everyone has agreed was a pretty dismal performance by Casey at 1:30am, looks to me like he was drowning his sorrows. No way was a random staff member tasked with twitter management was online at that hour as well as making the very basic mistakes of 1st tweeting to a parody, unverified account and 2nd replying to tweets that were 6 years old. Those basic mistakes scream technologically challenged person of an older age.

Then theres also the fact that again the tweets are still visible which really looks to me like he is managing his account 80-90% himself. And again theres no way if he had been hacked that they would still be visible or he wouldn't be shouting and screaming about it from every rooftop he could find

He has form on Twitter
    Which are you voting for?

Let me guess, the woman who voted to restrict your freedom on the internet?

Which are you voting for?

Let me guess, the woman who voted to restrict your freedom on the internet?

So, it is proven that Casey has form in using Twitter and social media to have a pop at other contestants in elections so you deflect to something else?? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Sorry, can't take you seriously after you claimed that it was settled people that do the dumping at halting sites.

So, it is proven that Casey has form in using Twitter and social media to have a pop at other contestants in elections so you deflect to something else??
    Avoiding the question I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sorry, can't take you seriously after you claimed that it was settled people that do the dumping at halting sites.

I forgot who made that claim.lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

What are the campaigners for different candidates that shoot down anybody that says anything about them on sites like this going to do do after tomorrow.
    Some more obvious than others.

mgn wrote:
    What are the campaigners for different candidates that shoot down anybody that says anything about them on sites like this going to do do after tomorrow. Some more obvious than others.
    I'm sure they'll move on to potential GE candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Voted for Casey in the presidential election, will not be voting for him this time, he's a gob****e, albeit one who at least exposed the PC brigade for the anti free speech control freaks they are

On Ivan Yates radio show yesterday, he doubled down on his "i am a racist" declaration, came across like a complete clown, he's finished

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Attacked!! Don't be so precious. The other posters opinion seems more realistic.

Avoiding the question I see.

I'm avoiding the question???

You deflected the instant links were posted showing Casey's previous form on twitter.

There is a reason why people object to his style of pretending to be 'doing politics'.
    He isn't doing anything only massaging his ego with the aid of those prepared to look the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Voted for Casey in the presidential election, will not be voting for him this time, he's a gob****e, albeit one who at least exposed the PC brigade for the anti free speech control freaks they are

On Ivan Yates radio show yesterday, he doubled down on his "i am a racist" declaration, came across like a complete clown, he's finished
    No worries I will definitely vote for him.

• Advertisement

I'm avoiding the question???
    You deflected the instant links were posted showing Casey's previous form on twitter.
    I didn't deflect, I don't open links unless I'm sure about the source.
    There is a reason why people object to his style of pretending to be 'doing politics'. He isn't doing anything only massaging his ego with the aid of those prepared to look the other way.
    They are all pretending.
    Like Mairead McGuiness who voted to restrict our freedom on the internet. You have to be clueless to do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement