Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

More details of what you mean would be helpful.

I use Kodi for all media devices in the home, including LiveTV and video files distributed on the LAN.

well i installed the kodi plugin last night, pointed it to my synology NFS shares, it picks up all the media, gets all the fan art etc but if try to play anything it goes to the player for one second and then dumps me back, i can play media from the internal HDD no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Comer1

swoofer wrote: »
    I dont have the zgemma but I might get one for interest. I have same image and skin so thats a start. Someone who has the zgemma will no dount be along with the answer but you took a bit of time to post so I'll have a go.

1. 554 is CH31 so thats easy but I cant find 544!! No worries.

2. You dont need cable enabled so turn that off.

3. You should be able to find your transmitter by going here and put in eircode, that will give you the 2 channels.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/changes

4. Where you have tuner configured if you go to region and arrow right your transmitter should appear, green to save.

5. Now how to get channel scanned, go to menu,setup, tuners/scanning. signal finder, then arrow to the t2 tuner, down to tune and right arrow changes it to user defined, down to channel type in 31 it over writes, press green to scan, green to save, do same for other channel.

6. now go to autobouuets, select providers, check saorview and make region your region, press green.

7. exit out and you can now do a scan and all should be fine. If I was you I would turn off schedule scan.

Hope this helps, if confused post back.

Thanks for the response but even with that implemented, the channels were gone again this morning. I have just disabled scheduled scan which I suspect will solve the problem, but I read here that without this enabled, channels may start to disappear over time?

These are my settings for ABM, perhaps there is something there I have done wrong.
    ABM-Configure.jpg

ABM-Providers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Box arrived this morning and is plugged in, network setup and scans done.

Now I have a million duplicate BBCs and ITVs and all those empty Saorview channels, as well as the encrypted Astra channels

What's my easiest way to sort out into one EPG and get the skin to something more user friendly. I did find the option in the menus to download extra plugins/skins but dont see the "Blue HD" or Sky-style one there.

Any forums or setup guides I should be reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

comer1 , for show in extensions i have yes, and yes for frequency finder. for providers only difference is I have no for swop channels.
    Some channels may disappear but they are few and far between recently it was sky news, the new frequency is usually posted on here and you just use signal finder or you can run ABM manually. Did you check the aerial connection ie the inner braid should be free of any bits of the shield.

kaiser run ABM ie autobouquets but you must configure it first and set up providers, have a look as its pretty self explanatory. The scan you did picks up all the reqions and saorview has mass of useless channels. If unsure post back. Out if interest how did you configure the terrestial tuner? Be careful with skins I think you have openatv so theoretically in the plugins they should show skins that work. Do you know what image you have loaded?

swoofer wrote: »
    comer1 go into abm and select providers, do a screenshot.

Some channels may disappear but they are few and far between recently it was sky news, the new frequency is usually posted on here and you just us signal finder.

kaiser run ABM ie autobouquets but you must configure it first and set up providers, have a look as its pretty self explanatory. The scan you did picks up all the reqions and saorview has mass of useless channels. If unsure post back. Out if interest how did you configure the terrestial tuner? Be careful with skins I think you have openatv so theoretically in the plugins they should show skins that work. Do you know what image you have loaded?

Hey, thanks for the quick reply

Yep it came with openatv so I googled the sky skin and ftp'd it across using filezilla and the instructions on the techkings forum.

Worked OK but it looks TOO much like the sky guide with all the crap adverts for channels I don't have anyway so I went back to the default.

I found a link to the blue HD skin but it's from 2014 so not sure that's the right one?

On the terrestrial tuner. I picked DVB-T2 and Ireland from the setup wizard and it scanned and found all the saorview ones.

Oh.. and I've installed a brand new 256GB SSD but can't see how to set it up? The menu referred to in the manual isn't shown?

Where do I find the ABM?

• Advertisement

Kaiser, you are doing well!! Techkings are very good. For ABM go menu, setuo,tuners&scanning, you should then see autobouqets maker but with openatv it may be under searching, thats where images differ and a bind. For the hdd again its diferent for openatv, try menu setup system storage BUT read on.

That zgemma has a feature called multiboot ie it can take about 4 different images so if I was you I would flash openvix and use that as default as it comes much pre loaded and its easy and loads of support. Flexmurphy on here has done multiboot so will know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

@ _Kaiser_ > "Oh.. and I've installed a brand new 256GB SSD but can't see how to set it up?"

You might be having a similar issue to me, ie. not picking up drive, you should be able to see HDD or SSD in : MENU > Information > Devices > Detected Devices.
    If not, or if it does see something, next try : Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices. Note : Storage Devices won't show up if it doesn't see a drive (in my experience).

You can also use : Extras > Terminal (in OpenWebif) or telnet/SSH into box and use linux commands : eg. 'df -h' (if it's mounted) or 'blkid'

Q. Could someone check for me, in Storage Devices > Initialisation, do you see drive(s) as External or Internal ?

Cheers.

Since my last post I've gotten ABM running and with the various options, can get it close to a Freesat setup. However all the Saorview ones are missing when scrolling through the channels.

What I'm trying to get to is Saorview first, then the satellite FTA channels.

IDEALLY I'd like the sky EPG numbering and have 101 be RTE 1 HD, 102 RTE 2 HD from Saorview .... and then the FTA satellite channels further up - hopefully that makes sense? :)

I've also discovered the Web GUI for the box. Is there a way to export, modify and re-import the channel lists to the above layout, or am I better off looking into that dual boot option?

@ _Kaiser_ > "Oh.. and I've installed a brand new 256GB SSD but can't see how to set it up?"

You might be having a similar issue to me, ie. not picking up drive, you should be able to see HDD or SSD in : MENU > Information > Devices > Detected Devices.
    If not, or if it does see something, next try : Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices. Note : Storage Devices won't show up if it doesn't see a drive (in my experience).

You can also use : Extras > Terminal (in OpenWebif) or telnet/SSH into box and use linux commands : eg. 'df -h' (if it's mounted) or 'blkid'

Q. Could someone check for me, in Storage Devices > Initialisation, do you see drive(s) as External or Internal ?

Yea I think it's not seeing the drive at all, but let me check under Information to be sure.

EDIT: Nope, no drive and thus no Storage menu It's a brand new blank Kingston drive. Are these fussy about what they'll take?

EDIT 2: Opened it up and I had the power connector plugged into the non-HDD one. Hoping that might be the problem.

EDIT 3: Yep, that was it. Swapped it into the right socket and it's working. Note - it still won't show under Info>Devices until you initialise it under System>Storage Devices

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    EDIT 2: Opened it up and I had the power connector plugged into the non-HD one. Hoping that might be the problem.

that could be it alright ;)

The other connector is RS232, it should be labeled on the PCB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@_Kaiser_ In the webif web interface there is an option to "edit bouquets" from there you can mix and match the Freesat list with your Saorview list into a "favourites" list in any order you like.

Bouquets is the fancy name for channel lists :)

that could be it alright ;)

The other connector is RS232, it should be labeled on the PCB

That'll teach me not to look closer at the board :) Sorted now
    @_Kaiser_ In the webif web interface there is an option to "edit bouquets" from there you can mix and match the Freesat list with your Saorview list into a "favourites" list in any order you like.

Bouquets is the fancy name for channel lists :)

OK cheers Gerry. Some work ahead then. Is the Web GUI the best/only way, or is there a 3rd party app/editor? I see the option to Export/Import in the Web editor.
    I'm still not thrilled with the UI though. That Blue HD one from 2014 I mentioned above.. is that the right version or is there something that looks/feels like Sky without all the wasted space on adverts?

It's a pity you don't get previews of the ones under the Plugin menu!

And one more... the remote control for this box. Can it be set to control a TV as well? I may not have gotten to that part of the manual yet but just thought I'd ask :)

OK cheers Gerry. Some work ahead then. Is the Web GUI the best/only way, or is there a 3rd party app/editor? I see the option to Export/Import in the Web editor.
    I'm still not thrilled with the UI though. That Blue HD one from 2014 I mentioned above.. is that the right version or is there something that looks/feels like Sky without all the wasted space on adverts?

And one more... the remote control for this box. Can it be set to control a TV as well? I may not have gotten to that part of the manual yet but just thought I'd ask :)

i had posted this last week

this is the best sky skin

https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/134772-updated-slyk-q-1080-install-faqs/

E-Channelizer for sorting the bouquets

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

There is software called E-Channeliser which I've used to create a custom bouquet - Windows only though.

Personally what I did was use the Freesat listing as the main one, and put the Saorview channels at 401+ - I can export my bouquets through the web UI and send them to you if you want. I'm on OpenVix but I don't think that will matter.

Blue HD is the one in the plugin>skins menu that looks the most like Sky. I don't see any adverts though? Can you post a screenshot?

(BTW There's a Red HD one that looks like Virgin Media!)

I haven't figure that out either, I don't think it's possible...

Actually thanks for reminding me, I recently ordered a 'USB to TTL Serial Cable' so for the curious-cat-in-me I may as well try that RS232 on that connector & see the box powering up, and yep it works, I connected Black > Gnd, White > TX, & Green > RX, baud=115200. Handy for a deep-dive-debug of the box I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Agreed for previews.
    "HDMI CEC" allows it control the TV. it's location in the menus varies from one image to the next.

BROKEN RECORD TIME:- It's a good idea to make backups of your settings and a full image backup. Look under software management. Backing up your settings only takes a few seconds and will save hours of swearing later. Backups are timestamped so you can keep as many as you like and roll back to any one as required.

There is software called E-Channeliser which I've used to create a custom bouquet - Windows only though.

Personally what I did was use the Freesat listing as the main one, and put the Saorview channels at 401+ - I can export my bouquets through the web UI and send them to you if you want. I'm on OpenVix but I don't think that will matter.

That would be great if you don't mind? Do you also have the few FTA channels that don't show on the official Freesat EPG (like the Now music channels for example)
    Blue HD is the one in the plugin>skins menu that looks the most like Sky. I don't see any adverts though? Can you post a screenshot?

Sorry - I meant this one..

https://www.techkings.org/threads/skynew-skin.114388/

It looks almost perfect except the main window has all the "Sky Store" "Sky Cinema" stuff which is irrelevant for an FTA setup. It's more the menu layout and the on-screen display feel I am after :)

I'll have a look for the BlueHD one but I couldn't find it earlier.. do you know the filename in the plugins list?
    I haven't figure that out either, I don't think it's possible...

No worries. Thanks very much for all the above too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That would be great if you don't mind? Do you also have the few FTA channels that don't show on the official Freesat EPG (like the Now music channels for example)

Change your provider from freesat UK to sky UK, and make sure its set to FTA only. Should include all channels, including music. It also has (in my opinion) a better order on the channels than freesat

• Registered Users Posts: 34 phil49

I got one of these boxes and have all the cahnnels set up ok through webif.
    My problem is that when I look at Network on my computer I can see the zgemmah7.
    When I click on it a window opens looking for "Enter Network credentials" ie User name and Password. I've tried numerous names and passwords but nothing works. Anybody got any ideas

phil49 wrote: »
    I got one of these boxes and have all the cahnnels set up ok through webif.
    My problem is that when I look at Network on my computer I can see the zgemmah7.
    When I click on it a window opens looking for "Enter Network credentials" ie User name and Password. I've tried numerous names and passwords but nothing works. Anybody got any ideas

Get the IP address & type that into a webpage, eg. 192.168.1.2, this should open OpenWebif, unless you set a password for ROOT there is none.

• Advertisement

Webif is working fine.It is when I try to access the box through file explorer to load movies to internal hdd that I get this "windows security"
    "Enter network credentials" User name and Password. I set up no username or password that I know of. I have tried root and tempass but no go
    I also have a Tiviar Plus and have no problem getting into that

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GSRNBP

Had this box a month now and really happy with it. Would recommend.

did it come all set up and ready to go or did you do it all yourself?

It came with openatv 6.4 loaded from WOS

With openatv 6.4 you have to set up a password, its some new security feature, click on this link it may open for you

https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php?threads/openatv-6-4-how-to-enable-telnet-ftp-ssh.33066/

@GSRNBP did it come set up for you?

dulpit wrote: »
    Change your provider from freesat UK to sky UK, and make sure its set to FTA only. Should include all channels, including music. It also has (in my opinion) a better order on the channels than freesat

I assume you mean in ABM? If so I'm not seeing the same options I don't think

But I found 2 versions of ABM in plugin downloads..

- one under extensions (autobouquets 2.2+git186)
    - another under systemplugins (autobouquetsmaker 3.1+git787)

The first works but seems to be only designed for Astra 28.2 and has less options than screenshots above

The second seems to install but I can't find it listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Question for anyone who has this box. Does the box slow down or does the spinner appear repeatedly when watching Saorview?

Thinking of getting it for the parents house but I know certain images handle Saorview better. I know on the Amiko Alien 2 I could only use Hyperion as all the others had the above issue for example.

Just curious has anybody encountered this with Openvix.

I assume you mean in ABM? If so I'm not seeing the same options I don't think

But I found 2 versions of ABM in plugin downloads..

- one under extensions (autobouquets 2.2+git186)
    - another under systemplugins (autobouquetsmaker 3.1+git787)

The first works but seems to be only designed for Astra 28.2 and has less options than screenshots above

The second seems to install but I can't find it listed?

It’s the second one you need it will be in settings somewhere not as a plugin .

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Question for anyone who has this box. Does the box slow down or does the spinner appear repeatedly when watching Saorview?

Thinking of getting it for the parents house but I know certain images handle Saorview better. I know on the Amiko Alien 2 I could only use Hyperion as all the others had the above issue for example.

Just curious has anybody encountered this with Openvix.

Never encountered any saorview issues

Advertisement