Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mullass

Hi all, I have a H7 set up and configured.

I'm now setting up Auto Timers to record some series.

I'd like to have different series in different directories.

From what I'm reading, I should be able to add a bookmark and then use that as the destination for an auto timer recording. I can't find anywhere that there's an option to add a bookmark.

I'm using OpenVIX.

I also read about a moviemanager plugin that might help. I downloaded it, but it's not visible on my list of installed plugins. Has anyone experience of this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

I bought this last night but I got it for €199 plus a few quid for shipping. Seemed cheap and I just fired ahead without really knowing what I was doing. Seems to have gone back up in price this morning so maybe I picked up a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I hate to break it to you @redlough, but you didn't!!

Check out the Virts.ie link a few posts back. Box is €169 with €8 shipping.

(I have no affiliation with Virts! I've bought a few H7S boxes myself from them.)

EDIT - actually, I now see that the freesat.ie box comes with a hdd. Not as bad so, but about the going rate.

Sorry yes I checked virts and with the HDD it seemed better value

Not a hueg bargain :-) but maybe an hour more of heating this winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Virtusso image extreme

€199 with 500gb hard drive

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The only reference I can find for 'Virtusso image extreme' looks like a custom Vix build from 2015.

Hi Gerry,

Box was lasy updated 15/5/2021.

Works very well.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure GreasePalm.

I'm very much to this, so here is a pic of what's on the box

I am leaving this as it is because it working fine.

I am not familiar with how to update the box.( A Novice \beginner 😫

Kind Regard's

Socks

Yes its an old Image version on Openvix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

The name of your image is know as OpenVix version 5.2 and that has been replaced with a new version that is now at ver 6.2.010 dated 22 September 2022. The Vix bit is Virtuoso Image Extreme. If you don't download loads of plugins, skins, drivers etc then you can stick with 5.2 indefinitely. And if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Should you decide in the future to update image it tells you how in your second pic.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Is anybody having problems with the box this morning? My epg is not downloading and the time and date are incorrect. I've tried all of the usual troubleshooting but nothing. It's also not connecting to the internet either. It worked perfectly last night.

Any advice?

TIA

Sometimes you have to update your epg providers and can you say what version your epg is on and what providers on what sat are in use

Old images that can go out of date and a few files need updating

Ok so my box arrived, running OpenVix 4.4 016 and all channels ready to go. It has HDD installed and herself is happy

Now I am using ok for going between channels etc. QUestion is, when I click on EPG it brings me into the channels list. I have recorded a program. The Items along the top, can you actually get into those or are they just for show to make it look like Sky? So the Screen/Movie/Sound/Red button etc?

Also how do I go to see what programs I have recorded?

Sorry real numpty questions but I don't see an interface manual anywhere

Thanks

Mega old image is 4.4.16.

Look on remote for file list button press that and recordings should pop up. Press arrow button below or above to select your program and ok to play. buttons for jumping forwards 3 6 9 during adds or 1 4 7 to go backwards.

When finished viewing and no longer needed RED to delete to remove to trash.

After a while you might have to enter trash button to remove items you put here , others might have it setup to remove stuff after so many days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭andy1249

Thats why I ditched the "Sky Blue HD" and went with the default openvix skin.

No those butttons do not work , they are cosmetic only , but others thought they did work and messed up the whole install by button mashing on them trying to get them to work ...... you are better off with the standard menus.

Thanks, do I need to upgrade is the question I would have?

• Advertisement

Can you make sure that you are reading the image version correctly. 4.4.016 is ancient bearing in mind the latest is now at 6.0. ......

And tell us the skin, when you go menu information about it will say skin as well.

To see what's recorded press file list button its in middle above audio and below menu.

Bits along the top are just for show.

Opp's sorry I am not sure how I got that version

That's better but still old but only a year. the skin is blue HD. What you should do now is take your time to get to know the box and how the skin operates.

One thing you should check and that is where the epg data is stored. You want the epg to be stored on the HDD. Do you know if the HDD is an SSD or not?

Sorry for the late reply. I use the crossepg downloader from the plugins section of the menu. How would I find out the version? I'm new to this too!

It still won't connect to the internet after it's little tantrum the other day! I can see it has an ip address on my gigabox router but not connected.

Thanks

can you say the image you are uisng, leonita, and the skin, do as shown above.

Have you the box connected to your router with a lan cable? And have you tried the test network and restart network? Is it set at dhcp?

But how do you know its not connected to internet? what are you trying to prove it is connected.

HDD, I bought this bundle: https://freesat.ie/products/zgemma-h7s-4k-uhd-500gb-hdd

Would prefer a SSD of course but that will be another days work :-)

Hi Swoofer,

It would seem as if I have the exact same details as the poster above. I'm trying to connect with a dongle which worked perfectly until this happened. When I try to update the software its saying there is no network access. Yes it is set at dhcp. I will try to upload photos if necessary.

Is there a way to forget the network like other devices can?

Dont use a dongle as best to use a lan cable.

Unsure if Supported Dongle needs a driver install to use before use?

Maybe a reboot of router and box might connect again.

Now you have to say the name of the dongle and as its wireless you are in a totally different ball game. Don't attempt to update the software online with a dodgy connection it can get halfway through and then stop.

Can you just try this and see what happens. Menu, plugins and then press green and say what happens.

Going from 5.4 to latest online can sometimes fail. And it may mean you have to flash image differently.

That box can take 4 images so you could keep what you have in slot one and flash the other in another slot.

• Advertisement

Ok it's a sab titan 4 wifi dongle I bought from freetv 2 years ago.

When I do that it says your zgemma h7s has no internet access, please check your network settings etc

I've reset the router several times and still nothing.

A cable wouldn't really work here as the router is in the hall and there would be too much cabling involved to bring it to the box.

Advertisement