Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭greasepalm

No Irish channels viewable on sat as need a SKY package.

Saorview tuner and outdoor aerial to use Irish channels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The Irish channels are encrypted on the 28E satellites that Sky use. There is an alternative called SaorSat that is based on another satellite which would involve adding a second LNB fitted to your dish and possibly replacing it with a larger dish. SaorSat only carries RTÉ and TG4, No Virgin media. It is really only used as a last resort if you cant get a normal signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

Thank you, box arrived this morning, eager to set it up, think it has openvix pre installed

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

Is there a basic guide anywhere for setting it up?

• Advertisement

There is usually a "wizard" that talks you through the initial setup if it hasn't already been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

Ok up and running, I want to add in a streaming service I have so they said to download Jedi Maker plugin. I have found the plugin but when I try to install it says to run opkg update. Any idea how to run it? :-) newbie here

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

I migrated from a Tiviar box to a new ZGemma H7S box with OPenVix 6.0 (I believe). Everything seems to be working fine, but I am trying to install the Xtream Editor to get the IPTV channels I had on the Tiviar. I'm using the "wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xtream-editor.com/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh" command from the Putty app, but as outlined in the attached script, it's returning the following error msg:

Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-xeaio:

*   python-json *  python-sqlite3 *

* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-xeaio

I've tried to load the "enigma2-plugin-extensions-xeaio_3.0.9_all.ipk" file on the HDD and a USB stick, but it didn't like that either

I've just a dangerous knowledge only of this stuff, so I'd certainly appreciate any guidance to resolve.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you make sure you have the very latest version of Openvix in the box. This is the very latest

https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/zgemmah7/openvix-6.2.011.release-zgemmah7_multi.zip

If you don't have the latest version it will cause problems.

If you have the latest version then I would head over to WORLD OF SAT as that has openvix dedicated support but look carefully where you post etc.

I upgraded the OpenVix version per your suggestion, but it gives the same result. I'll head over to WOS, and see what they might say.

Thanks for your response swoofer!

• Advertisement

I guess if I install the new version of OpenVix it will delete all the current setup?

no when you start the update correctly the box will do a backup and then when you choose install it will ask if you want to restore settings and plugins say yes to both.

Post edited by swoofer on

Assuming box has a device like usb or hdd to do backups?

NB If it does not have a usb or hdd for the EPG it will eventually break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 glenmanners

Great forum. Going to buy one of these.

Just wondering if there is much noise from the HDD? I would really like a silent unit, can I use an SSD instead?

There seem to be multiple models of the Zgemma h7s available... anyone know where I can get one that's compatible for SSD?

Most boxes i see include a 500gb hdd and are quiet enough and thinking you can add a ssd one but some boxes might limit you to size of space needed under the box cover.

I've used SSDs for many years in a bedroom box so it is completely silent. Newer versions of the H7S have a slot in the rear panel you simply slide the 2.5" HDD/SSD into. It couldn't be simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 glenmanners

Thanks for replies. I'll shop around and seek out the newer version. Thanks!

I got sorted by upgrading the OpenVix with the

"https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/zgemmah7/openvix-6.2.011.release-zgemmah7_multi.zip" upgrade and then running

"wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install3.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh" command.

Now I'm really dangerous!!

Many thanks to all for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Anyone selling a Zgemma box will gladly pay for p&p to Co.Louth?

• Advertisement

If you go here you can get it without a HDD and if you ring them they will load the latest version of Openvix, also they do a nice ssd for 33 euro.

But if you are adept yourself you can do the lot.

https://virts.ie/sat-receivers/zgemma-h7s-satellite-receiver-4k-enigma2-dvb-s2s2x-dvb-t2c.html

Slowly kind of getting a handle on the box. Got my software upgraded and all channels kept on it

I was able to load my EPG into the system and get the channels, using Jedi Maker plugin(Please note my wife is not Irish and its the channel from her country)

The recommendation was to use EPG-Importer to get the EPG. I have gone in and selected the EPG Import Sources but still nothing. The person I was talking to said it should just work once I activate it, just wondering has anyone done something similar and how did they get it working?

I would ask if you have a place to store your epg settings , hdd or usb only

Epg import do you need to select your source first so it knows what you want and click to save.

Sometimes you can manually downloaded to populate your programs

Epg Importer i have used for sat feeds and if your using Iptv i am unsure of.

That is what I was thinking after posting, if I go into JediMaker I need to put in the location it is stored.

What is the easiest way to browse around to find the file?

Epg needs to be in hdd or usb as you need to see where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sorry if answered already, is there an easy way to upload a picon for any channel on OpenWebIF? I have some already from a picon package I downloaded previously (don't know how I managed that, lol!) but some of my newer and more obscure channels won't have one installed.

Also, anyone know how to make sure Audio Description is automatically turned off? Some channels have it turned on by default, always end up turning it off manually via remote.

For audio description, go into the MENU>SETTINGS>AUDIO> and make sure the language is set to ENGLISH.

Picons are stored in a folder on your HDD called PICON. Depending on which system your box is using, the file name will either be a specific number code for that channel or the channel name. You will know by looking at the other existing picon file names which system is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hope someone can help - I swapped sky q for a zgemma h7s box and it all went smoothly. However I have a sound bar which the sky q remote was able to control, and now I'm stuck with 3 remotes to control my setup - an LG remote for the apps on the TV (netflix etc), a sound remote for the soundbar and the zgemma remote for the box.

Can I pair the zgemma remote with the soundbar and/or tv somehow? If not is there a food universal remote that would control the 3 devices, or else some other setup I'm not thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Schorpio

If the soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI? If so, you should be able to turn on HDMI-CEC on your tv, and then your TV remote will control the soundbar volume.

Then, if you also turn on HDMI-CEC on the H7S, the TV remote will be able to control the H7S too. You might need to play around with some button mappings for the H7S, but one step at a time.....!

Advertisement