Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Collected my Firestick 4K from Parcel Motel this morning. Will setup the bells & whistles on it later.

When did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

If you have apple TV (non 4k edition) what are the benefits of owning the fire stick 4k instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Páid wrote: »
    When did you order it?

Monday morning around 8am via Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Monday morning around 8am via Parcel Motel.

That's very fast. I ordered Tuesday 4PM as a Prime member and it'll arrive at PM on Saturday. (Hasn't even been dispatched yet) Then it's usually another day or two to get it from PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Collected my Firestick 4K from Parcel Motel this morning. Will setup the bells & whistles on it later.

Waiting on mine too, what should I add to it?

• Advertisement

Waiting on mine too, what should I add to it?

Get the downloader app installed & allowed apps from unknown sources in your security settings.

From there, get on YouTube or google search for some apps I cannot mention here for TV/Movies.

xboxdad wrote: »
    That's very fast. I ordered Tuesday 4PM as a Prime member and it'll arrive at PM on Saturday. (Hasn't even been dispatched yet) Then it's usually another day or two to get it from PM.

My PM is beside their depot in Finglas. Usually the delay is from Newtownabbey Depot but very quick turnaround with this purchase.

Vudgie wrote: »
    If you have apple TV (non 4k edition) what are the benefits of owning the fire stick 4k instead?

Gonna stick my own 4th Gen Apple TV up on Adverts for sale now. Happy with what the 4K Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Get the downloader app installed & allowed apps from unknown sources in your security settings.

From there, get on YouTube or google search for some apps I cannot mention here for TV/Movies.

I have an App on my phone called Apps2Fire. And you can pick any app on your phone and load it to your firestick with one click. Great if you want to quickly add your fav phone App to your stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Vudgie wrote: »

Put very simply, it's just faster and smoother. Apple TV was my last streaming device before the Firestick. It's just simpler quicker smoother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Gonna stick my own 4th Gen Apple TV up on Adverts for sale now. Happy with what the 4K Firestick.
    Monokne wrote: »
    Put very simply, it's just faster and smoother. Apple TV was my last streaming device before the Firestick. It's just simpler quicker smoother.

It really is testament to just how good this device is. Simply superb value for money and amazing to think what the creators managed to fit into such a small footprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

I have side loaded VPN Unlimited. Can't steam iPlayer. Others experience similar with their VPN? itv Hub works fine.

Dutchy wrote: »
    I have side loaded VPN Unlimited. Can't steam iPlayer. Others experience similar with their VPN? itv Hub works fine.

VPN Unlimited has a streaming tab, with BBC iPlayer as an option. Did you try selecting that? Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

I did and it didn't. iPlayer lagged so will give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mine signed for at 630pm on Tuesday and still no word from DPD

At this rate the OTA cable be here via an post quicker

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Amazon could have left your pw number off the package, give dpd a call

Usually I've no issues, I make sure the pw number is first

But I think ill go onto live chat and see what's happening

It happens from time to time and some packages go to parcel motel by mistake also, if dpd signed for it on Tuesday there are only a few things that could have happened, no credit on dpd account, pw number missing or it’s gone to parcel motel

Yeah Ive heard of those things happening :(

Live chat not working so phone call it is, shame Amazon dont have a name on the POD

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

I ordered one on Monday got a text from Parcel motel Wednesday morning telling me it was ready for collecting 36 hours from ordering to delivery great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

robbie67 wrote: »
    I ordered one on Monday got a text from Parcel motel Wednesday morning telling me it was ready for collecting 36 hours from ordering to delivery great

Same here collected it last night.

Literally pass the parcel now, DPD in their most ignorant manner telling me they need a signed for name (I told her i ran a POD department) yet still talked to me like a child

Amazon telling me to check with housemate etc

Now Amazon saying they didn't get someone to sign for it and sure we can send another one out

• Advertisement

Was it a woman you spoke to at dpd ? If so she can be a bit condescending, last time I spoke to her I had to email them explaining it all in detail about it being delivered and no update from dpd bla bla bla
    I received an email telling me they would check the box of stuff not labelled properly and it was there

Yeah , Leeann, telling me to get the POD or wait till after 6, probably really got her going when I said the cable I ordered after it is out with AN Post today with no issues

Onto Amazon at the same time and went to reply and she closed the live chat

Think ill fire off an email about her attitude and hopefully get what you got and be sent out

Now Amazon want to refund me and sure order again at the non deal price as they dont have the stock :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stick with dpd and ask them to find it first

Going to sit back and wait, Amazon sending replacement for free, made sure the DPD address is right on the account

IF this one turns up, then ill act dumb when replacement comes and hopefully DPD bounce it back to Amazon if it comes to that

Only ever put the credit on my DPD account as i need it, so they cant take money, deliver it and then probably have amazon telling me send it back or they will take fifty pounds for it

There's the OTA cable after coming,shame Amazon cant post electrical stuff direct to us

If amazon send a replacement and both turn up you won’t be charged for the second one

Would there not be messing with DPD having it signed for to use against me and look for money

Rather than say an post put it in letterbox and its my word again amazon that it didnt arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

jeffk wrote: »
    Literally pass the parcel now, DPD in their most ignorant manner telling me they need a signed for name (I told her i ran a POD department) yet still talked to me like a child

Amazon telling me to check with housemate etc

Now Amazon saying they didn't get someone to sign for it and sure we can send another one out

It will turn up.

I got something from Amazon a few months ago, via DPD parcel Wizard. Got the push notification from Amazon that it was delivered. Didn't get any notification from PW though which had me worried.

PW insisted that they didn't have the parcel.

Amazon asked me to wait a few days before refunding me.

Amazon refunded me in full, bought item in bricks and mortar a few days later.

About six weeks later DPD delivered the original package from Amazon.

Now I'm not entirely sure that DPD were to blame here either, I have a haunch that Amazon may be using self employed couriers up north, who may not be following all the rules, I had no POD for example.

PW for me are flawless 99% of the time I use them.

It will turn up.

I got something from Amazon a few months ago, via DPD parcel Wizard. Got the push notification from Amazon that it was delivered. Didn't get any notification from PW though which had me worried.

PW insisted that they didn't have the parcel.

Amazon asked me to wait a few days before refunding me.

Amazon refunded me in full, bought item in bricks and mortar a few days later.

About six weeks later DPD delivered the original package from Amazon.

Now I'm not entirely sure that DPD were to blame here either, I have a haunch that Amazon may be using self employed couriers up north, who may not be following all the rules, I had no POD for example.

PW for me are flawless 99% of the time I use them.

Yes I never had issues with PW or very little, so I think you are right its more down to Amazon, with who I had MANY issues (flimsy packaging being main one)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

jeffk wrote: »
    Yes I never had issues with PW or very little, so I think you are right its more down to Amazon, with who I had MANY issues (flimsy packaging being main one)

Yeah, if the first one (the original one) later turns up, I view it as a bit of a softeners for the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Any problems watching Amazon Prime on the 4K sticks?

I could never get Prime Video to work on my Fire Stick HD even though I changed the country to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Páid wrote: »
    Any problems watching Amazon Prime on the 4K sticks?

I could never get Prime Video to work on my Fire Stick HD even though I changed the country to the UK.

None here, it works smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can you sort the free stuff easily? I have a 1st gen stick and it's useless at easily sorting free stuff from paid on prime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement