Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A smart DNS like Getflix works fine. You'll need your account to be a UK one for the APP to be there though.

i half understand this sorry!so i need something different to a VPN?

Presume you mean my amazon account? Can the App be sideloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

eoinf wrote: »
    i half understand this sorry!so i need something different to a VPN?

Presume you mean my amazon account? Can the App be sideloaded?

I used ExpressVPN which you can download onto the Firestick. It works like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Can this be delivered to ireland without Parcel Motel etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Can this be delivered to ireland without Parcel Motel etc?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Silly question incoming..,how would I know if the Firestick would work with my tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Silly question incoming..,how would I know if the Firestick would work with my tv?

Does your TV have a HDMI input? If so, it will work

Does it have a HDMI port :P

I have one connected to an old Beko 14" TV which I bought in 200X......it might not be even 14" :eek:

It works "perfect"....well as good as anything will with a TV that old.....I have in bedroom and can watch everything on it....have to squint now with old age

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

It’s a 12 year old Sony Bravia. I’m at work, I rang and asked the preteen but she says it doesn’t have a hdmi port. Will see myself when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Jumped the gun and ordered one of these as on holidays and then deal on

What's the cheapest way to add being able to watch files off a USB drive?

Seen a otg cable etc being suggested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

jeffk wrote: »
    Jumped the gun and ordered one of these as on holidays and then deal on

What's the cheapest way to add being able to watch files off a USB drive?

Seen a otg cable etc being suggested?

Setup Plex or Emby on your pc or laptop

• Advertisement

Setup Plex or Emby on your pc or laptop

Then you have to have the pc on to view content?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

It’s a 12 year old Sony Bravia. I’m at work, I rang and asked the preteen but she says it doesn’t have a hdmi port. Will see myself when I get home

My Sony bravia the same age has no hdmi port either but I have ordered an adaptor from Amazon for 15€ a TV place on the Dublin rd in Limerick wanted 45 €

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Banner showing on the audible homepage, get £10 Amazon credit with a free audible trial. States that the offer is available to Prime members who have not taken Audible membership or trial previously. Full terms listed below.

Worked for me , nice discount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Remouad wrote: »
    I have both.
    Performance on the 4k is way better.
    Definitely worth the extra £5

Thanks - the 4K was still full price when I posted - but Ive ordered the 4K now its about the same price.

From my searching - the only two downsides appear to be the stick is slightly larger and they have removed the option to "Screen Mirror" from a mobile phone - not a deal breaker for me.

“Roll it back”

jeffk wrote: »
    Then you have to have the pc on to view content?

Yes that's how it works. Or you could share the drive on your network and use Kodi. Does your router have a usb port to share network storage?

Yes that's how it works. Or you could share the drive on your network and use Kodi. Does your router have a usb port to share network storage?

I ended up getting a otg cable recommended by videos on net for 6 pound and free postage as on prime trial
    Still saving and then no running the customs risk if I attempted an android box from usual places

The nephew was singing the praises of plex and it had a fit about cant play this or wifi not strong enough etc when I tried
    Nice idea, especially if you travel and have option of your video library at your finger tips

Thanks for suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

What's this like handling 4k content over WiFi?

Fine, streamed 4k content from Amazon, Netflix etc is about 8-10mbit bitrate. Device itself has limit of 20 mbit for h265

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

The only credible vpn worth that Ive used that worked well for BBC iplayer is ExpressVPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I use vpnunlimited lifetime sub on a gl.inet router, works great for UK players on free sat box and firestick. Great for use on holidays as you get live TV too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ebayissues wrote: »
    The only credible vpn worth that Ive used that worked well for BBC iplayer is ExpressVPN.

I use ExpressVPN and it allows me watch ESPN+, US Netflix, B/R Live, DAZN, etc on my Firestick. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Great. I never have any problems. Best streaming device I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

My Wifi handles 30Mbps content no problem - that's LG DolbyVision demo materials - so they are of absolutely top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Anyone every come across sellers on Adverts, Ebay, etc selling generic Ethernet adaptor for fire-stick so that it can be cable feed broadband? The one on Amazon is £13.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mine was delivered up north today. Usually would have it tonight but wonder if PM will be under more pressure than normal with Prime Day stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

TheDriver wrote: »
    I use vpnunlimited lifetime sub on a gl.inet router, works great for UK players on free sat box and firestick. Great for use on holidays as you get live TV too.

I want to try this as you can pay with 3 Mobile credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The 4k firestick must have flown out the door. It's now saying earliest availability is 30 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Anyone know of any apps or something to block those adds that come up every 5-10 minutes on YouTube on the fire-stick. They seem to be a lot more frequent recently. I love watching documentaries on YouTube but this has made the experience less enjoyable

Anyone know of any apps or something to block those adds that come up every 5-10 minutes on YouTube on the fire-stick. They seem to be a lot more frequent recently. I love watching documentaries on YouTube but this has made the experience less enjoyable

That’s YouTube and not the Firestick

YouTube have a membership offering now which gets rid of advertisements, of course when they announced they increased the amount of advertisement for standard users

It’s the same across all platforms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Collected my Firestick 4K from Parcel Motel this morning. Will setup the bells & whistles on it later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement