Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ablelocks wrote:
    I bought one for that reason....but is there a way of using this with an external hard drive - I don’t think I’ll have good enough WiFi so trying to figure out offline options....

Only through your router if it's got usb. Or another pc.
    Somt think you've any options of directly powering a harddrive from the fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

RossieMan wrote: »
    Only through your router if it's got usb. Or another pc.
    Somt think you've any options of directly powering a harddrive from the fire stick.

It is possible with an OTG cable such as this or even this if you want ethernet as well. You could also add a mouse and keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Just looking for a bit of advice please everyone.
    My prime account is linked to my Amazon.de account and I'm not even sure why but it's something to do with some free trial I had last year.
    Anyway all my TV shows and movies are obviously in German even though my stick location is set to Ireland and my language is set to English.
    Is there any way to change it over to the UK or US listings or will I have to cancel that prime membership and renew it on one of those sites?
    Any advice at all appreciated.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just looking for a bit of advice please everyone.
    My prime account is linked to my Amazon.de account and I'm not even sure why but it's something to do with some free trial I had last year.
    Anyway all my TV shows and movies are obviously in German even though my stick location is set to Ireland and my language is set to English.
    Is there any way to change it over to the UK or US listings or will I have to cancel that prime membership and renew it on one of those sites?
    Any advice at all appreciated.
    Thanks

Yes, set your address to parcel motel and your card to a UK card like Revolut, then ring them and ask for UK prime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Yes, set your address to parcel motel and your card to a UK card like Revolut, then ring them and ask for UK prime

Great thanks, will I do this on my .de account or my .UK account?

• Advertisement

Great thanks, will I do this on my .de account or my .UK account?

Whichever your account your prime is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Discodog wrote: »
    Well Keep Solid are certainly on the ball - they replied within 10 minutes :eek:

They say that it's a genuine offer.

Did you end up buying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

The Spammer is back again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

polaris68 wrote: »
    Did you end up buying this?

No because I am getting free, in effect, by using phone credit

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Sorry to have to ask this, I have two fire sticks and two tvs on UK IP working fine ,but the 4k stick is giving a 5005 error.
    Are these using GPS now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sorry to have to ask this, I have two fire sticks and two tvs on UK IP working fine ,but the 4k stick is giving a 5005 error.
    Are these using GPS now ?

Casting from your app should work but to permanently fix it you may need to change the country and address of your devices on Amazon to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

No because I am getting free, in effect, by using phone credit

Ok, I'll go for it. It's been working great for the iplayer during the free trial all week.

Definitely worth a shot since KeepSolid have confirmed to you that it's legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

I'm using VPN unlimited (keep solid) and find the BBC iplayer stream dropping off / buffering every 20 mins or so. Not sure if it's because my wifi keeps dropping (is there a way to find out if it is ?) Or it the issue is with the VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've not had issues with it this week, works fine with itv hub and BBC player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Discodog wrote:
    My concern is that I am an existing customer but only via the mobile app & three pay. Hopefully a different email address will be ok

How much on three pay?

sweetie wrote: »
    How much on three pay?

€10 per month via the app on the playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes

How do you get VPNunlimited to auto start on the firestick? I must open the app each time and press start

TheDriver wrote: »
    How do you get VPNunlimited to auto start on the firestick? I must open the app each time and press start

There must be a setting on the app as once I turn mine on, it stays on.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I'm thinking of getting one of these for the young lad through parcel motel.

Is says on Amazon that 'This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK.'

Does that mean that half the apps loaded onto it won't work????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I'm thinking of getting one of these for the young lad through parcel motel.

Is says on Amazon that 'This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK.'

Does that mean that half the apps loaded onto it won't work????

I have it, got it on parcel motel last week. the only one that I can see wont work is the amazon prime video, and I have prime account. Netflix/youtube works perfect. Other apps fine.

I have a vpn, havent tried it yet, must try and set it for uk to see but theres nothing on amazon Ive a hankering to watch.

small update. Just remembered I didnt try the iplayers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The U.K. players are very good and the main reason for a vpn or smart dns
    Amazon prime video is pure muck, they put so much content behind a further pay wall it’s ridiculous

Now that's horsesh1t for a subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It ain't Netflix I agree but there's The boys, the expanse, preacher, fear the walking dead, good omens, American gods, man in the high castle, Seinfeld, parcs and recs and a few others worth watching for practically free. I mean most people get Prime for the postage don't they. The really need to redesign their front end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I swapped myself and the missus to Vodafone x recently and every top up gives €10 free mobile credit. So i use it for Disney life and Nord VPN.

€40 covers our phone use and gives us spotify premium, sky sports mobile, Disney life and Nordvpn as a nice bonus.

Between all that, netflix, prime video and music, bbc, All 4, youtube etc. the firestick is nicely filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

I swapped myself and the missus to Vodafone x recently and every top up gives €10 free mobile credit. So i use it for Disney life and Nord VPN.

€40 covers our phone use and gives us spotify premium, sky sports mobile, Disney life and Nordvpn as a nice bonus.

Between all that, netflix, prime video and music, bbc, All 4, youtube etc. the firestick is nicely filled.

Where does the €10 free credit come from? I thought you topped up by 20 yoyos and all of that went on the monthly deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

same here . im on vodafone x, and last month they deactivated my offer after ten days, left me 18 days unusable, and i get no 10 euro free credit, or maybe i do just no way to see it as the app keeps shutting down before showing the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

What's the best VPN for best price for amazon stick so I can get USA Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

andydurnin wrote: »
    What's the best VPN for best price for amazon stick so I can get USA Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV etc?

Haven’t really tried hard to get any of these but I have nordvpn installed and when it is running Netflix will tell me it can detect a vpn and won’t load

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

funnyname wrote: »
    Where does the €10 free credit come from? I thought you topped up by 20 yoyos and all of that went on the monthly deal.

The €20 goes on the top up but they had a deal going where you got a bonus €10 for every time you top up over €10. So i top up by €20, it gives me an extra €10 and then takes the €20. So i've been building up credit on the account. Had about €50 so bought xcom and the above subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Getflix smart dns works a treat for me for the last two years

Is that on fire stick?

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    It’s working on the fire stick yes

Doesn't work on the firestick for me. Only windows and Android devices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement