Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

When you think back to when he posted on boards years ago slagging off the lads he was fighting at the time that was a taster of what he was gonna bring, the good and the bad. We wouldn’t have gotten one without the other and that’s what made him the superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

I reckon Holloway has fought more times in past 2 years than Conor has even trained. Money aside, how did it all go so wrong for him?? He was so witty and likeable, and had more charisma than any Irish sports star in history. But now it’s like he lives inside layers of security and posts vile and utter nonsense on social media. He can still turn it all around but only by fighting, even if he loses against top fighters he will still be applauded for what he brings. Who gives a crap about his whiskey and suits??

He got into fighting to make money. That was always the main motivation.

That has been achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Kavanagh has just posted a recent pic of himself and Mcgregor out, maybe it was a party for the opening of the new gym. Hopefully Conor will be back training soon.
    Once again there is massive sweat patches under Conor armpits. I know he is manic and always on a buzz, but he doesn’t seem embarrassed by this or even try to hide it. Or do you think Conor suffers from some form of social anxiety or is nervous??

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Kavanagh has just posted a recent pic of himself and Mcgregor out, maybe it was a party for the opening of the new gym. Hopefully Conor will be back training soon.
    Once again there is massive sweat patches under Conor armpits. I know he is manic and always on a buzz, but he doesn’t seem embarrassed by this or even try to hide it. Or do you think Conor suffers from some form of social anxiety or is nervous??

He literally done a rap performance in Brooklyn ahead of the Floyd fight. I don't think social anxiety is a problem for him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What an absolutely bizarre thing to pick up on he has sweat patches.

He wasn't even supposed to be there the other day, saw a video of him their for the ribbon cutting but JK is there to him jokinly "what are you doing here today your not supposed to be here till 21st sept for the offical opening".

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    What an absolutely bizarre thing to pick up on he has sweat patches.

He wasn't even supposed to be there the other day, saw a video of him their for the ribbon cutting but JK is there to him jokinly "what are you doing here today your not supposed to be here till 21st sept for the offical opening".

What’s wrong with asking that?? I’ve often noticed him in these tight fitting shirts and huge sweat patches. I first noticed it when he did the ultimate fighter with Faber. It seems odd to me that he doesnt seem embarrassed about it.
    I actually went through a phase in my late 20s when I used to feel awkward in social situations and I would sweat a lot, but it went away and I was able to chill out a bit more.
    I don’t think Mayweather would sweat like this. He is one cool cat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Haven't seen the pictures but maybe the pub or club he was in was particularly warm or he was out dancing or something. Just because he has sweat patches under his pits, doesn't mean he was on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Or do you think Conor suffers from some form of social anxiety or is nervous??

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What’s wrong with asking that?? I’ve often noticed him in these tight fitting shirts and huge sweat patches. I first noticed it when he did the ultimate fighter with Faber. It seems odd to me that he doesnt seem embarrassed about it.
    I actually went through a phase in my late 20s when I used to feel awkward in social situations and I would sweat a lot, but it went away and I was able to chill out a bit more.
    I don’t think Mayweather would sweat like this. He is one cool cat.

TUF is filmed in Las Vegas where it's about a million degrees celcius on a cold day. He's sweating because it's roasting out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well this has taken a new low talking about his perspiration :)
    Let's do a deep dive on the fabric of the shirt :pac:

I think the promising thing is that his arm is no longer in a cast and that he is still involved with the gym.
    From his insta, it looks like he his heavily getting word about his clothing line out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I think talking about his sweaty armpits is a new low for this thread.
    Surely this is for the off topic thread, if anything?

Lol. Hopefully soon we can talk about his next fight or his training. Would be great if he came back to headline MSG in November. Climate in New York will be cold then so he shouldn’t be sweating. He can even get the Gucci mink out again for the pressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

He has a new sponsorship with Driclor in the works, so he'll be grand.

Lol. Hopefully soon we can talk about his next fight or his training. Would be great if he came back to headline MSG in November. Climate in New York will be cold then so he shouldn’t be sweating. He can even get the Gucci mink out again for the pressers.

Headline to fight who? Can't fight for LW or FW title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I can't see him bothered fighting again. Just stringing people along to keep his name out there and increase his brands worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Headline to fight who? Can't fight for LW or FW title.

Yeah he sort of vacated himself into a corner. 2nd from top would be a huge step down. Sponsors won't like that either, co main eventing.

Maybe they're waiting/praying to see if Poirier beats Khabib and then set up a Poirier vs McGregor fight for the belt.

UFC can make up whatever rules they want to factor in a super fight. If they need to stick to their title fight headline rule then the only real option for Conor at MSG would be interim lightweight vs Ferguson or Holloway or the new 165 belt vs Masvidal or Cowboy probably.
    Otherwise he can fight next for the 155 title in March, tho not sure if Khabib and his team will allow Conor that chance.
    Can’t see Conor fighting 2nd from headliner so UFC gonna have to compromise. But there doesn’t seem to be any sign of him coming back. My prediction now is we won’t see him back till Vegas next March.

The Nal wrote: »
    Maybe they're waiting/praying to see if Poirier beats Khabib and then set up a Poirier vs McGregor fight for the belt.

Its beyond farcical if Ferguson doesn't immediately get the winner of that fight. 12 wins in a row and I couldn't remember a bad fight in one of those.

UFC can make up whatever rules they want to factor in a super fight. If they need to stick to their title fight headline rule then the only real option for Conor at MSG would be interim lightweight vs Ferguson or Holloway or the new 165 belt vs Masvidal or Cowboy probably.
    Otherwise he can fight next for the 155 title in March, tho not sure if Khabib and his team will allow Conor that chance.
    Can’t see Conor fighting 2nd from headliner so UFC gonna have to compromise. But there doesn’t seem to be any sign of him coming back. My prediction now is we won’t see him back till Vegas next March.

He has no interest in fighting, he only came back for Khabib to promote that whiskey. He's as good as retired IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its beyond farcical if Ferguson doesn't immediately get the winner of that fight. 12 wins in a row and I couldn't remember a bad fight in one of those.

Agree yeah but he has pulled out of a few fights before. Hes also mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

LOL wut!

The pictures were from Conor's daughters christening! They were all there, John, Dillon, Gunni etc.

The new gym is not ready yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

LOL wut!

The pictures were from Conor's daughters christening! They were all there, John, Dillon, Gunni etc.

Eh, it opened officially yesterday.
    Unofficially, it was open the week previous for the SBG camp

Which daughter was christened?

He has no interest in fighting, he only came back for Khabib to promote that whiskey. He's as good as retired IMO.

I think he will fight again.
    Sure he now has income streams that will keep him obscenely wealthy for the rest of his life. But those streams will become even bigger the more successful a fighter he is.
    Most of the people around him are fighters/martial artists, this is his first love before whiskey and tight suits. He has stated numerous times he will be back. The wrist injury probably delayed this by 3 to 6 months. He is only 1 big win away from another shot at Khabib and he seems pretty confident he can beat Khabib.
    It’s such a shame he has been so inactive, as no other fighter brings the level of interest and excitement.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Been open basically for about 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

he seems pretty confident he can beat Khabib.

Well, that's that settled, isn't it? Especially after how lacking in confidence he was first time around.

I think he will fight again.
    He has stated numerous times he will be back. He is only 1 big win away from another shot at Khabib and he seems pretty confident he can beat Khabib.

He’s the only one who thinks he can beat Khabib so.
    He’s done at the level he was at when he beat Alvarez.
    He’s just stringing people along to make money now.
    I’m sure he’d love to be champion again, but it’s not going to happen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well as there is clearly no MMA talk going on, in line with the thread title, I'm closing this thread for a while. I'll be reviewing posts made during the course of today. Hopefully I'll be able to open it up again once you guys start to appreciate the difference between MMA and other matters

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please ensure you read the OP before posting in this thread

Off topic posts removed

Now back to MMA talk. If there's nothing relevant to discuss about McGregor then the solution is simple - don't post here

EDIT - within 20 minutes of reopening this thread I have carded and deleted 3 posts for ignoring mod instructions. Please heed the warnings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is he retired now, or was he ever?

Advertisement