Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

One night Saturday deals are always front loaded, as it makes a better profit for a hotel to sell a weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

One night Saturday deals are always front loaded, as it makes a better profit for a hotel to sell a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

michdee wrote: »
    I know its ridiculous, and the last few we have been to can def go back and learn customer service! What's going on??

Haven't you heard, the boom's back baby!

I know its ridiculous, and the last few we have been to can def go back and learn customer service! What's going on??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I find Fota Island in cork is one of the better value hotels , also the Kingsley

I find Fota Island in cork is one of the better value hotels , also the Kingsley

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

spurious wrote: »
    Always worth contacting the hotels direct for their best price. They all have to pay those booking portals a percentage.

I rang two hotels today to see about availability and to see if they could beat the price online for them, they both told me they'd no availability but yet if I went online to their own site they have availability aaahhh

Always worth contacting the hotels direct for their best price. They all have to pay those booking portals a percentage.

I rang two hotels today to see about availability and to see if they could beat the price online for them, they both told me they'd no availability but yet if I went online to their own site they have availability aaahhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

Had a mid week hotel break in a town in Mayo. It was 150 euro on booking.com. It was a very nice hotel though. I thought I booked it online and I showed up saying I had a booking. They couldn't find me. Turns out I didn't book it but it was 90 euros at the hotel which also included a good breakfast. So try ringing hotels directly instead.

Had a mid week hotel break in a town in Mayo. It was 150 euro on booking.com. It was a very nice hotel though. I thought I booked it online and I showed up saying I had a booking. They couldn't find me. Turns out I didn't book it but it was 90 euros at the hotel which also included a good breakfast. So try ringing hotels directly instead.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Totally agree, I've paid 375 for a room tomorrow and asked to check in at 2pm, they say they can't "guarantee" it but will try their best. For 375 they should be able to guarantee it if the previous guests had to check out at 11.

In all fairness, I used to work in hotels and be in work at 8am at the weekends. Most weekends people would sleep in and it was impossible to get in and clean the rooms. I still had the same amount of rooms to clean though and with less time. I'm not sure if they give the same workload these days but I used to clean 14 rooms a day. That was tough going over an eight hour day with people checking out late and checking in early. I understand that 375 is alot of money for a room but that's not the cleaners fault.

• Advertisement

Totally agree, I've paid 375 for a room tomorrow and asked to check in at 2pm, they say they can't "guarantee" it but will try their best. For 375 they should be able to guarantee it if the previous guests had to check out at 11.

In all fairness, I used to work in hotels and be in work at 8am at the weekends. Most weekends people would sleep in and it was impossible to get in and clean the rooms. I still had the same amount of rooms to clean though and with less time. I'm not sure if they give the same workload these days but I used to clean 14 rooms a day. That was tough going over an eight hour day with people checking out late and checking in early. I understand that 375 is alot of money for a room but that's not the cleaners fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

BBFAN wrote:

375 for a room ? That's bananas, Mrs H and I are hitting Prague next month for 4 days. Flights 150 return for both of us and a hotel in the historic centre is 200 for the 4 nights. Boom is back.

BBFAN wrote:

375 for a room ? That's bananas, Mrs H and I are hitting Prague next month for 4 days. Flights 150 return for both of us and a hotel in the historic centre is 200 for the 4 nights. Boom is back.

• Advertisement

BBFAN wrote:

Advertisement