Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

BBFAN wrote:
    Totally agree, I've paid 375 for a room tomorrow and asked to check in at 2pm, they say they can't "guarantee" it but will try their best. For 375 they should be able to guarantee it if the previous guests had to check out at 11.

375 for a room ? That's bananas, Mrs H and I are hitting Prague next month for 4 days. Flights 150 return for both of us and a hotel in the historic centre is 200 for the 4 nights. Boom is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

2 things...

1. I agree the boom is back

2. I think in many, but not all cases, the hotels are more booked up because they are accommodating people who are homeless. Therefore there is increased demand on the remaining available rooms and the prices rise accordingly. I also wonder if some hotels are making a killing out of filling up a certain amount of their rooms on a medium to long term basis and charging the councils fairly high rates as they have to put people somewhere. It's a tribunal waiting to happen I reckon, with some very unfortunate homeless people stuck in the middle of it all.

2 things...

2. I think in many, but not all cases, the hotels are more booked up because they are accommodating people who are homeless. Therefore there is increased demand on the remaining available rooms and the prices rise accordingly. I also wonder if some hotels are making a killing out of filling up a certain amount of their rooms on a medium to long term basis and charging the councils fairly high rates as they have to put people somewhere. It's a tribunal waiting to happen I reckon, with some very unfortunate homeless people stuck in the middle of it all.

2 things...

2 things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Senature wrote: »
    2 things...

That is the furthest thing from the truth I have ever read in my life!
    I’m giving up on the internet for tonight

2 things...

2 things...

2 things...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Arrival wrote:
    Yeah it's a disgrace for what you get really but then again we're ****ing gouged for everything in this country, we stand idly by as we have stealth tax after stealth tax forced upon us

Not a truer word spoken, but we accept it bending over.

• Advertisement

Arrival wrote:
    Yeah it's a disgrace for what you get really but then again we're ****ing gouged for everything in this country, we stand idly by as we have stealth tax after stealth tax forced upon us

Arrival wrote:

Arrival wrote:

CPTM wrote:
    I'm not liking the trend towards 3pm (or even 4pm) check in and 11am check out. It used to be 2pm check in and 12pm check out if memory serves me well.

Well spotted, soon enough overnights will be an additional fee.

CPTM wrote:
    I'm not liking the trend towards 3pm (or even 4pm) check in and 11am check out. It used to be 2pm check in and 12pm check out if memory serves me well.

CPTM wrote:

CPTM wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

AND the tourists are staying in houses and apartments through ABnB.............?????

AND the tourists are staying in houses and apartments through ABnB.............?????

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Theres a few spots in letterkenny on groupon, the offer is valid for fridays with a supplement for saturday. Its a good town for a weekend and not too expensive..

Theres a few spots in letterkenny on groupon, the offer is valid for fridays with a supplement for saturday. Its a good town for a weekend and not too expensive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    375 for a room ? That's bananas, Mrs H and I are hitting Prague next month for 4 days. Flights 150 return for both of us and a hotel in the historic centre is 200 for the 4 nights. Boom is back.

Plenty of value here too

Lough eske castle, Donegal. 5 star luxury. 2nights, incl breakfast, evening drink, dinner credit, use of leisure facilities, 30% off spa, for two people €329 for both - not per person. Rooms approx 600sq ft.

Plenty of value here too

Lough eske castle, Donegal. 5 star luxury. 2nights, incl breakfast, evening drink, dinner credit, use of leisure facilities, 30% off spa, for two people €329 for both - not per person. Rooms approx 600sq ft.

Plenty of value here too

Plenty of value here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

CeilingFly wrote:

Got a link?

Advertisement