Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Yes I agree, I use to think that too and then I told myself I must of been imagining it :rolleyes: We spend less and less time in the hotel and pay more and more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Trivago is usually the best site - and its not just here, hotel prices in main european cities have gone crazy. Saturday night is the primary night for most hotels and many rooms taken up by wedding guests in a lot of cases.

Try Waterford - or look at more "business" hotels which tend to be a little less busy at weekends. (IFSC)

Trivago is usually the best site - and its not just here, hotel prices in main european cities have gone crazy. Saturday night is the primary night for most hotels and many rooms taken up by wedding guests in a lot of cases.

Try Waterford - or look at more "business" hotels which tend to be a little less busy at weekends. (IFSC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

CPTM wrote:
    I'm not liking the trend towards 3pm (or even 4pm) check in and 11am check out. It used to be 2pm check in and 12pm check out if memory serves me well.

Totally agree, I've paid 375 for a room tomorrow and asked to check in at 2pm, they say they can't "guarantee" it but will try their best. For 375 they should be able to guarantee it if the previous guests had to check out at 11.

CPTM wrote:
    I'm not liking the trend towards 3pm (or even 4pm) check in and 11am check out. It used to be 2pm check in and 12pm check out if memory serves me well.

Totally agree, I've paid 375 for a room tomorrow and asked to check in at 2pm, they say they can't "guarantee" it but will try their best. For 375 they should be able to guarantee it if the previous guests had to check out at 11.

CPTM wrote:

CPTM wrote:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What hotel was that for that price on a Sunday night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Try Supervalu getaway breaks.

https://www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2L_S2LK93QIVybHtCh0BEQidEAAYASAAEgIPAfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

or as someone else has recommended Pigsback.com.

https://www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2L_S2LK93QIVybHtCh0BEQidEAAYASAAEgIPAfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Never thought of supervalu will give them a look and see thanks

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

On Pigsback usually they’re midweek but you can pay a supplement for the weekend. We got the Heritage for no extra supplement on a Friday night, only stayed one night but I think th Sat was about 30 eur supplement.

On Pigsback usually they’re midweek but you can pay a supplement for the weekend. We got the Heritage for no extra supplement on a Friday night, only stayed one night but I think th Sat was about 30 eur supplement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Always worth contacting the hotels direct for their best price. They all have to pay those booking portals a percentage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Always worth contacting the hotels direct for their best price. They all have to pay those booking portals a percentage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

One night Saturday deals are always front loaded, as it makes a better profit for a hotel to sell a weekend.

Advertisement