Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Anyway, I eventually managed to get through to someone in the Dublin passport office. It sounds like the only way around this is to make an appointment for an "urgent" application at the London office (even though it's not urgent) and get her UK passport copied there (as also suggested by fxotoole).

Follow-up to this: we made that appointment, got daughter's UK passport copied and returned immediately, and had a day out in London. Payment not taken immediately, and will be in Euros not GBP, but no surcharge for a counter-application either ... other than the cost of each of us getting to London! :rolleyes:

Still seems a bit cumbersome as a process for young adults who have the misfortune to not need/have any other photo ID.

Waiting time 13-15 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Just wondering what the stats are on hotel beds occupancy now versus the boom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Lenny wrote: »
    What hotel was that for that price on a Sunday night?

Druids Glen, and wasn't worth it. Room lovely, bathroom extremely average, small shower.

Food also extremely average and twice the price you'd pay anywhere else.

Druids Glen, and wasn't worth it. Room lovely, bathroom extremely average, small shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

as a comparison, I have been pricing rooms in Italy Dolomites for sking, Single Room 65 e half board, excellent breakfast and dinner. Very nice rooms, and hotel. 3 star superior

5 star, about 110 HB ,,,,google : hotel Tevini

• Advertisement

as a comparison, I have been pricing rooms in Italy Dolomites for sking, Single Room 65 e half board, excellent breakfast and dinner. Very nice rooms, and hotel. 3 star superior

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uluwatu

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I had a similar issue a while back, went to the passport office and was told "ehh no, apply online". Had to cancel my trip. Hopefully it goes better for you. But I wouldn't hold out much hope.

you are right! also experienced that... but you can give it a try

I had a similar issue a while back, went to the passport office and was told "ehh no, apply online". Had to cancel my trip. Hopefully it goes better for you. But I wouldn't hold out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Filled out the APS 1 for oap mother. For Payment method I put an X on passport express then filled in my credit card details and X on Mastercard. Now I'm looking online and apparently credit card/passport express are two different payment methods...passport express is only payable at the post office.
    Should I cross out my MasterCard details or the X for passport express? The application is already signed and stamped by garda witness.

Filled out the APS 1 for oap mother. For Payment method I put an X on passport express then filled in my credit card details and X on Mastercard. Now I'm looking online and apparently credit card/passport express are two different payment methods...passport express is only payable at the post office.
    Should I cross out my MasterCard details or the X for passport express? The application is already signed and stamped by garda witness.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

DeWitt wrote: »

Hi.
    It depends on how your posting it, if you just want to pop it in an envelope and send it off then cross out passport ecpress, if you want to use passport express and pay the extra for tracking then cross out mastercard.

Hi.
    It depends on how your posting it, if you just want to pop it in an envelope and send it off then cross out passport ecpress, if you want to use passport express and pay the extra for tracking then cross out mastercard.

Hi.

Hi.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm just worried crossing out so much will look unsightly and cause a problem. I'll pop down to post office in the morning and see what the clerk makes of it. Thanks!

Hi.

I'm just worried crossing out so much will look unsightly and cause a problem. I'll pop down to post office in the morning and see what the clerk makes of it. Thanks!

Hi.

Hi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is she eligible for online renewal? It’s a gift!

Advertisement