Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Still waiting on EMUI 10, I'm on 3 network.
    Anyway for people who have it what if any differences are you noticing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Updated via Hi Care last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

Tried this but doesn't matter if you'r network version isn't available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I got mine through hi care and am also on 3 network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

GIMP wrote: »
    Tried this but doesn't matter if you'r network version isn't available!

Aren't they mostly factory ROM's on these phones?
    I bought it from 3 day of launch and there's no 3 branding or sim lock on it.

For the people who got the update, is your phone branded?

One got 10.0.0 and another got 10.0.173.

In Hicare did you allow location access first?

• Advertisement

Mine was bought from CPW and has no branding but is locked to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I don't think there is any sort of branding on eir either, unless I misunderstood the term branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

IOS is grand if you're not very savvy.

lol

you mean its grand cause it actually works , no issues with updates like many in here are having

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

sounds like a fook fest

just made me stay with ios

You are welcome to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

lol

you mean its grand cause it actually works , no issues with updates like many in here are having

Updated my P30 pro this morning no issues at all. Battery life is better and I feel the phone is more responsive than before. Took a few minutes to install.

On vodafone myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

lol

Yes very solid upgrades

"Apple iOS 13.2.2 has landed and it’s both an essential upgrade and a negligent mess. Apple’s sixth rapid-fire update since September addresses the appalling performance problems introduced by iOS 13.2 but introduces new ones and ignores major ongoing issues."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/11/08/apple-ios-1322-release-should-you-upgrade-iphone-update/#70651849687e

Updated my P30 pro this morning no issues at all. Battery life is better and I feel the phone is more responsive than before. Took a few minutes to install.

On vodafone myself.

Zilch here still, on Vodafone too.

GIMP wrote: »
    Zilch here still, on Vodafone too.

That's rather odd, did you buy the phone from Vodafone? Or just the sim?

Carphonewarehouse it was an upgrade, its sim locked to Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

My P30 Pro on Vodafone wouldn't show the update. I disabled the HiCare app, re enabled it then updated the app itself. Then the update to EMUI popped up..

Ya that worked. Cheers

I installed hisuite on a mac and when I connect my p30 pro there is no option to update, just view files and do backup/restore. Maybe update is only possible on the Windows version of the app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I installed hisuite on a mac and when I connect my p30 pro there is no option to update, just view files and do backup/restore. Maybe update is only possible on the Windows version of the app?

Try my method above. It's the actual HiCare app on the phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

My P30 Pro on Vodafone wouldn't show the update. I disabled the HiCare app, re enabled it then updated the app itself. Then the update to EMUI popped up..

Good little trick, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking for cheapest option to get a P30 lite unlocked please.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I've got the update on 3 for the p30 Pro but my partner hasn't got it on Vodafone for the p30, has anyone got it for vodafone

After using emui 10 I'm finding it's just causing a lot of little problems but no apparent benefit. In fairness though that's pretty much my experience with every major android os update in the last 6/7 years regardless of manufacturer. Issues I've noticed so far: battery life slightly worse, sending videos and pics in WhatsApp causes it to hang, nova launcher isnt working great so I'm back to the stock launcher, my home alarm app doesn't seem to work at all, my garmin watch is only getting notifications intermittently now. Loads more small things but I've found reinstalling apps is helping. I've seen absolutely no benefits but staying on emui 9 would probably have been a lot of hassle.

I've got the update on 3 for the p30 Pro but my partner hasn't got it on Vodafone for the p30, has anyone got it for vodafone

I have yeah on the P30 pro.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for cheapest option to get a P30 lite unlocked please.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

still no update on eir

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Got the P30 pro last week and I'm very happy with it so far. Camera is fantastic and is very good in general. Upgraded from the S8+ and really feel the difference. My only issue is the lask of 3.5mm Jack. For anyone that has used the phone long term, how do they find the port for listening to music? I never charged my phone and used it at the same time for fear of the charging port breaking on previous phones. So my fear is using a connected earphones into this slot may break it over time. whats people opinion on using it? is bluetooth earphones reccomended to save the slot from over use?

Anyone ever network unlock one of these? I have one from work (Vodafone) but never used it as I had an S10. Recently got a personal gomo sim and would be handy to put it in the P30 Pro. eBay the best place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Got the P30 pro last week and I'm very happy with it so far. Camera is fantastic and is very good in general. Upgraded from the S8+ and really feel the difference. My only issue is the lask of 3.5mm Jack. For anyone that has used the phone long term, how do they find the port for listening to music? I never charged my phone and used it at the same time for fear of the charging port breaking on previous phones. So my fear is using a connected earphones into this slot may break it over time. whats people opinion on using it? is bluetooth earphones reccomended to save the slot from over use?

i too came from s8+, but am not as smitten by the camera as you are...s8+ was a good camera in its own right.
    anyway....yes...i had same issues over headphone jack....what i found worked for me best was one of these....been using one for six months now...and used it say 4 days a week, dog walks and such, and its never failed me...sound is great via it...and its design takes away the worry i had...and you have too..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RN5VP5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i also got this at same time....for charging in bed at night and using my favourite pillow friendly earphones....never failed me...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4DF1LZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i too came from s8+, but am not as smitten by the camera as you are...s8+ was a good camera in its own right.
    anyway....yes...i had same issues over headphone jack....what i found worked for me best was one of these....been using one for six months now...and used it say 4 days a week, dog walks and such, and its never failed me...sound is great via it...and its design takes away the worry i had...and you have too..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RN5VP5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does the way this has the connection for the 3.5mm jack to the side make it feel sturdier?
    dougm1970 wrote: »
    i also got this at same time....for charging in bed at night and using my favourite pillow friendly earphones....never failed me...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4DF1LZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one similar to this with just the 3.5mm jack slot.

Advertisement