Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

dulpit wrote: »
    Didn't check speeds, but my ping on wifi was the same. I read that stadia needs ~35Mb/s for 4K UHD gaming, which isn't an issue - so I assume any "chugginess" is down to ping?

What was the jitter rate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What was the jitter rate ?

Last check was 0.24ms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

dulpit wrote: »
    Last check was 0.24ms

That's not too bad either. Does it happen on all games or just certain ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be fair, it's bigger games (I tested RDR2, also Cyberpunk and Hitman). Didn't notice it on more platformy games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

To be honest I have Virgin BB and Im getting 20-24ms on Stadia on both pc and chromecast - wired direct to router and there are still stutters with the odd game.

Division 2 stutters for me in certain areas, So does Hitman 2 - even though the connection status always stays blue.

I honestly think its game related and not connection related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Do you have the same issues playing on a web browser?

Some good info in the below.
    https://support.google.com/stadia/workflow/10017321
    https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943#zippy=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

New sale announced and new games announced. Outriders coming same day as other platforms.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/This-Week-on-Stadia-Outriders-is-coming-in-April-get-a-pet-in/ba-p/53837

New game coming exclusively to Stadia on March 1st. Pixeljunk Raiders. Free if you're a Pro member. €20 to purchase it.

https://youtu.be/UJGyLNxTBQg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Got a 25% discount code from Orzly today if anyone is thinking about picking up a controller claw for their phone. Code is #stadia_loot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Got a 25% discount code from Orzly today if anyone is thinking about picking up a controller claw for their phone. Code is #stadia_loot

I got it recently, a handy trick is you can pop off the claw and turn it 180. The phone then doesn't block the controller so you can see the buttons and is more comfy when laying in bed :)

• Advertisement

Recently picked up the Razer Kishi controller. Fantastic way to play Stadia on your phone. Using my Samsung s20, it feels very similar to holding Nintendo Switch. Would highly recommend.

Premier Edition currently onsale for €60. Down from the usual €99.

I don't need a third premier edition....or do I ? :)

I don't need a third premier edition....or do I ? :)

Probably not......... you bought it didn't you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

I keep flirting with this then stop short from purchasing, I've a xbox, switch and 400 aside for whenever Sony cop on and get digital ps5 out.

Do I need this with a subscription or is it nothing the others already give?

recyclops wrote: »
    I keep flirting with this then stop short from purchasing, I've a xbox, switch and 400 aside for whenever Sony cop on and get digital ps5 out.

Google really do a terrible job communicating and marketing the benefits of Stadia. Best thing you could do is sign up and play Destiny 2 for free - you can see if it is your thing or not.

You buy a game and you keep it whether you pay a subscription or not. There is no queueing like some other cloud services. You will need decent internet though.

Stadia Free
    • Play all your purchased games up to 1080p/60FPS

Stadia Pro
    • Pay €9.99 a month to play your games up to 4k with 5.1 surround sound
    • Get free games every month that you keep (I have gotten around 30 free games in around 6 months - including Hitman games, F1 2020, Sniper Elite 4, but mostly indie games of high quality)

How to play
    • Internet browser with Stadia controller, a USB controller or keyboard/mouse
    • Your phone with phone controls, phone connected controls or Stadia Controller
    • TV with Chromecast Ultra and Stadia Controller
    • TV with Stadia App and bluetooth or Stadia controller (Not out yet but coming soon)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

recyclops wrote: »

To be completely honest Ive stopped using my XB1 and gaming Pc since Christmas. Stadia is so easy to just turn on and play.

The only thing I will say is that it definitely needs a really good online fps.

Warzone or Battlefield is what it needs.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    To be completely honest Ive stopped using my XB1 and gaming Pc since Christmas. Stadia is so easy to just turn on and play.

The only thing I will say is that it definitely needs a really good online fps.

Warzone or Battlefield is what it needs.

I'd play a fair bit of PUBG, and I tried it on Stadia. It's already a clunky enough game, but I found it almost unplayable on Stadia. I input latency was very hard to get used to.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd play a fair bit of PUBG, and I tried it on Stadia. It's already a clunky enough game, but I found it almost unplayable on Stadia. I input latency was very hard to get used to.

And I never have any issues. I use my pc either hard wired to the modem with chrome or on chromecast ultra with a decent wifi connection.

The biggest selling point for me with Stadia is because it is so easy to use, a lot of my friends have signed up to it. Anytime I go online now there's at least 1 of my mates online. We've all been split between different systems for years but now if I say "anyone want a game if fifa" I can say it to all my mates.

• Advertisement

And I never have any issues. I use my pc either hard wired to the modem with chrome or on chromecast ultra with a decent wifi connection.

Yeah, I have a decent connection, and have tried both wired and WiFi. Everything just seems off enough to mess with my muscle memory I guess.

I've been wanting to try it again, so might try to get it going on my Chromecast with Google TV.

I definitely get a better experience with the Chromecast - I have my chrome cast on ethernet as well but either way whether wifi or hardwird is definitely better than a chrome window.

The biggest selling point for me with Stadia is because it is so easy to use, a lot of my friends have signed up to it. Anytime I go online now there's at least 1 of my mates online. We've all been split between different systems for years but now if I say "anyone want a game if fifa" I can say it to all my mates.

Fifa is playing like a dream for me. Never thought I'd ever play it again as had no interest in getting a console. I'm an absolute casual when it comes to gaming so Stadia is perfect for me.
    I definitely get a better experience with the Chromecast - I have my chrome cast on ethernet as well but either way whether wifi or hardwird is definitely better than a chrome window.

It's funny how it varies from user to user. Chromecast plays very well for me but I feel the browser is better for me.

Fifa is playing like a dream for me. Never thought I'd ever play it again as had no interest in getting a console. I'm an absolute casual when it comes to gaming so Stadia is perfect for me.

And it's great to see that the multiplayer lobbies seem to be busy so far. Longest I've waited for a game was 10 seconds. The test will be how busy it is in a month when the initial excitement dies down.
    The last fifa game I played was about 2 years ago on Switch. This is a huge step up. Loving it.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Resident-Evil-7-comes-to-Stadia-Pro-Resident-Evil-Village-comes/ba-p/56478

The same deal as Cyberpunk from before Christmas. Pre-order Resident Evil VIII and get a free Stadia Premier Edition. Great deal.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Resident-Evil-7-comes-to-Stadia-Pro-Resident-Evil-Village-comes/ba-p/56478

The same deal as Cyberpunk from before Christmas. Pre-order Resident Evil VIII and get a free Stadia Premier Edition. Great deal.

I ordered a second premier edition yesterday for €60 and it hadn't dispatched yet so it is now cancelled. Just about to pull the trigger on this offer so for another €10 I get the new Resi Evil :pac:

I ordered a second premier edition yesterday for €60 and it hadn't dispatched yet so it is now cancelled. Just about to pull the trigger on this offer so for another €10 I get the new Resi Evil :pac:

Boom. I don't even need another Premier Edition and I've never played a RE game, and I'm still tempted by the offer. Must do some research on RE 8.

Edit: Just looked up gameplay footage. That game is not for me. Can't hack scary games.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

Boom. I don't even need another Premier Edition and I've never played a RE game, and I'm still tempted by the offer. Must do some research on RE 8.

Edit: Just looked up gameplay footage. That game is not for me. Can't hack scary games.

Ha. I did the exact same. Was tempted to get another controller and try a new game. Saw it was horror and noped outta there

I have a blue and a white premier edition. I might get the turquoise one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Does anyone know if you still have the €10 off first game voucher, can it be used in conjunction with the Pre-order Resident Evil VIII deal?

Cheap new controller and chromecast either way

Advertisement