Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm playing through 7 at the moment. My time is limited these days and I'm a wuss when it comes to horror games so I'm playing it on easy and have a guide to hand if I get stuck...and possibly look ahead for any jump scares.... While it kinda feels like cheating I have to say I'm loving it.

Just on this, I don't understand how some people have a problem with playing a game on easy mode or using a guide etc. Play the game however you want, as long as you personally enjoy you play the game then there's no problem. That includes using cheats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Just on this, I don't understand how some people have a problem with playing a game on easy mode or using a guide etc. Play the game however you want, as long as you personally enjoy you play the game then there's no problem. That includes using cheats.

Exactly. You've bought the game. Enjoy it whatever way you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any idea how long it takes for the hardware email to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Guffy wrote: »

The T's and C's say you should receive a redemption code for the Premiere kit through email associated with Stadia account by 11:59PM on June 10th.

So by next Monday basically.

Guffy wrote: »

For the Cyberpunk deal I remember me and my mates all getting the email within 24 hours of game launch and receiving the bundle within 2-3 days. Very quick delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

dulpit wrote: »
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order added to Pro today. Looks decent...

Started playing this today. Looks good, fun so far. Stadia has been rock solid lately too I've noticed..

Got email not so long ago, ordered :)

Got my code to order Premiere edition yesterday evening and ordered straight away, has an expected delivery date of Tuesday.

Very straight forward and it's good not having to wait until next week before getting code.

Haven't had a chance to play RE Village yet but looking forward to it particularly after playing the demo. Seems to be getting very solid reviews.

How has it been running for people on Stadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

radius345 wrote: »
    Got my code to order Premiere edition yesterday evening and ordered straight away, has an expected delivery date of Tuesday.

Very straight forward and it's good not having to wait until next week before getting code.

Haven't had a chance to play RE Village yet but looking forward to it particularly after playing the demo. Seems to be getting very solid reviews.

How has it been running for people on Stadia?

I played on the demo on stadia and it ran great.

There is an update coming that will unlock bridge mode. Essentially allowing you to use your phone as the link to stadia on Chromecast. You can then plug in an Xbox or PS controller, or even use the phone touch screen to play on the TV.

It is similar to the tandem mode. If you plug your Xbox controller into the stadia one you can use the Xbox controller.

But if an odd feature, it doesn't give you two controllers. Both controllers act as one. But I guess if you didn't like the stadia controller it could be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Presume they are sending the codes in batches as I haven't got mine yet

The free premier edition offer is still on if anyone is on the fence.

I just picked it up. It's my third premier edition. I got the day 1 one, the cyberpunk one and now REVIII :)

Think I'll get the turquoise controller this time.

I don't mind the kids are really getting into gaming now so I need the extra controllers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I don't think you get to choose, do you? I thought you just got the Premiere Edition, which only comes with a white controller.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I don't think you get to choose, do you? I thought you just got the Premiere Edition, which only comes with a white controller.

Looks like you are right darn.

Dunno why they didnt ship the hardware out straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

The free premier edition offer is still on if anyone is on the fence.

Can someone point me towards a link for this?

Can someone point me towards a link for this?

https://stadia.google.com/games/resident-evil-village

Resident Evil Village
    Your purchase of Resident Evil Village comes with a Stadia Premiere Edition (free standard shipping). Watch out for an email to claim your bonus. Must be 18 years or older, to learn more click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭alwayswright

https://stadia.google.com/games/resident-evil-village

Resident Evil Village
    Your purchase of Resident Evil Village comes with a Stadia Premiere Edition (free standard shipping). Watch out for an email to claim your bonus. Must be 18 years or older, to learn more click here.

Appreciate that! Resident Evil doesn't interest me at all though so I'll pass on this offer.

Hopefully they'll run it again with another game.

Got my code just now. About the 24 hours. Ordered and should have the premier edition by the end of the week.

Played the first 30 mins of RE8 too. Plays pretty well. A few stutters but I'd say that is more the RE engine than Stadia.

Friend of mine is due to get his tomorrow. Pretty quick delivery again from Google.

• Advertisement

Got my dispatch mail yesterday saying it would arrive tomorrow Weds 12th.

Text from DHL this morning to say it will arrive today.

Very impressive turnaround and looking forward to giving it a bash this evening after it arrives.

I'm similar to a lot of other people re Stadia - I haven't consistently gamed since I was a teenager and rediscovering gaming over the last few weeks has been brilliant. And amazing to think that games I played twenty years ago (RE series etc) are still going strong.

I know there seems to be a bit of apathy towards Stadia but I personally am really enjoying the immediacy of it. Happy to pay the sub each month if they keep churning out games I will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Surely if FIFA 22 supports crossplay it would be a no brainer to bundle that with a premier edition. That could put Stadia in the hands of a lot of people that may only have a console for FIFA.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Surely if FIFA 22 supports crossplay it would be a no brainer to bundle that with a premier edition. That could put Stadia in the hands of a lot of people that may only have a console for FIFA.

If next gen consoles are still scarce in 6 months time and Stadia has the next gen version of FIFA and other 3rd party games then it may sway some more people to try it out. Crossplay would be essential for FIFA, agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

I have fibre broadband here on 5ghz in the sitting room I get speeds between 75-90 download and between 30-50 upload. Would this be enough for online play ? Can't justify a series X for basically FIFA and the young fella is happy with his Xbox1 for another year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Yeah that'll be plenty for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got my stadia delivered yesterday but no email or code yet for RE8. when should I expect it or will it be on my account when I set it up later?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

sweetie wrote: »
    Got my stadia delivered yesterday but no email or code yet for RE8. when should I expect it or will it be on my account when I set it up later?
    thanks

I would imagine that when you log into Stadia, RE8 will be immediately available to play. No activations or codes required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye, as soon as you buy anything on stadia it's available straight away, other than a pre order obviously.

I side loaded stadia onto Chromecast with Google TV. It didn't like it , stream was very jumpy. I'll wait for an official update.

• Advertisement

I side loaded stadia onto Chromecast with Google TV. It didn't like it , stream was very jumpy. I'll wait for an official update.

They said first half of this year for an official roll-out. They're cutting it tight though,

Advertisement