Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Have to say after a month with Stadia Im loving it. Its juts so easy to pick up the controller and play.Pity it doesn't allow you access to your steam / origin etc accounts. That would finally make me stop the gaming pc upgrade cycle every few years.
    Ive been reading about Shadow but Im not sure if its been released yet.

Have you tried GeForce Now? That links to your Steam account. There are catches, it's not quite as easy to pick up and play but you will have access to at least some of your Steam library, depending on the games.

Google Stadia and GeForce Now coming to LG TV's in 2021 as a built in app. This was the next obvious step and a great move for the platform. Throw in a deal where you get a free controller and a 3 month trial with every new tv bought and they could get some major boosts to numbers this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The free Stadia option will be a big hit now. You don't even need the Stadia controller. If you have an old PS4/Xbox one knocking around you should be able to use it right on your TV.

Now Stadia starts to make sense, take the €500 a PS5 costs you and spend it on Stadia games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Google Stadia and GeForce Now coming to LG TV's in 2021 as a built in app. This was the next obvious step and a great move for the platform. Throw in a deal where you get a free controller and a 3 month trial with every new tv bought and they could get some major boosts to numbers this year.

Saw this post and got excited as I bought an LG TV last year that has WebOS 5.0. Turns out it will only work on TVs with WebOS 6.0 and will be on 5.0 "later". The non specific nature of that means I won't hold my breath

Saw this post and got excited as I bought an LG TV last year that has WebOS 5.0. Turns out it will only work on TVs with WebOS 6.0 and will be on 5.0 "later". The non specific nature of that means I won't hold my breath

Much like everything else Google have announced for Stadia so. It's just like when they released the newest Chromecast but then announced there wouldnt be Stadia support until mid 2021 on it.

They can be very frustrating sometimes with how they do things.

• Advertisement

I have the new Chrome cast with Google TV, weird it doesn't support Stadia as it is just an Android box. You can sideload Stadia but I wasn't able to connect a controller so never got it to log in.

I was messing about with the experiment mode last night. Got Cyberpunk running on my Phone (Xiaomi Mi10). I was in bed so just used the on-screen controller which made it impossible to control, but it still looked gorgeous and ran perfectly.

I have the Stadia controller and Orzly phone mount. It's a great way to play games, so cool to have AAA games on your phone. I've played about 60 hours of AC Odyssey and at least 10 of those were on my phone. So handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭AhhHere

I have the Stadia controller and Orzly phone mount. It's a great way to play games, so cool to have AAA games on your phone. I've played about 60 hours of AC Odyssey and at least 10 of those were on my phone. So handy.

Same. Mine arrived this week and it's so much better than trying to prop the phone up somewhere. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭tomfoolery60

I have the new Chrome cast with Google TV, weird it doesn't support Stadia as it is just an Android box. You can sideload Stadia but I wasn't able to connect a controller so never got it to log in.

I was messing about with the experiment mode last night. Got Cyberpunk running on my Phone (Xiaomi Mi10). I was in bed so just used the on-screen controller which made it impossible to control, but it still looked gorgeous and ran perfectly.

The Google TV thing is mad, they are working on it but it looks amateur to not have it ready.

It is very silly, my HDMI ports are all in use. So I had to plug out my stadia cast to watch my Google TV cast !

I got my little 8bitdo controller working with my phone and stadia last night. It is a small NES style one so still not great for cyberpunk, but still cool to be playing it on the phone.

If they get the pricing a bit better now it would be great. I saw breakpoint ( which is under a tenner on PS4) is still €69.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got my little 8bitdo controller working with my phone and stadia last night.

I got the xbox style one before xmas from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C1385CQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gonna be a handy controller for Stadia on the tablet/phone when you don't want to bring the full size controller with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Can someone clarify for me please....if I buy the Chromecast and controller bundle, and I sign up for a monthly subscription, is there a list anywhere if the games I can play based off the subscription? Without buying other individual games.

Thanks

Sconsey wrote: »
    Can someone clarify for me please....if I buy the Chromecast and controller bundle, and I sign up for a monthly subscription, is there a list anywhere if the games I can play based off the subscription? Without buying other individual games.

Thanks

Yeah on the stadia app. If you click into Store and click the see all button on the premier games. It will show you the list. Nothing massively exciting.

They used to give you a good game each month but I'm not sure how it really works now. If you just get that small library and they add and remove Games.

Sconsey wrote: »

Thanks

If you go into the app you can see a section for Pro games. This shows you any games currently available to claim. Once you claim a game it's yours to play anytime once you have an active sub. For example, the Tomb Raider games were all on Pro a few months back. I claimed them all. They aren't available now to new subscribers, but i can still play them if my sub is active. They usually add 4 games to Pro each month, occasionally others will leave but once you have them claimed it deosn't matter. I have acces to about 45 games on my Pro sub right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

It my understanding (and I could very well be wrong) that games are removed due to licensing issues which are also region specific.

Just checked there, I've 69 games in my library.
    I only bought 4.
    Not bad :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Just checked there, I've 69 games in my library.
    I only bought 4.
    Not bad :)

I'm not subscribed so can't check my official tally, but last time I checked I had about 50 Pro games and I've bought 8. Most of my claimed games are from when I had Pro for free, I've only paid for about 1 or 2 months pro.

It's a great service for people who are on the lookout for a subscription service similar to xCloud. F1 20, Tomb Raider games, Hitman games, Steamworld series, Celeste. Some crackers in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

A few good deals tonight Ghost Recon ultimate edition €23

Madden is finally coming to Stadia with a free play weekend to boot. Just in time for the super bowl. Releases at a 60% discount. Free to try this weekend for all. Releases on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Savage planet is the upcoming pro game. If you haven't played it I recommend it. Bit shorter than expected but lots of fun.

Anyone played Madden yet? It's my first time playing a Madden game in about 10 years. Good fun.

Gonna give it a blast after work today!
    I might have played the trial on EA Play, back last year, but not the full game.
    It's usually a fun game :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Gonna give it a blast after work today!
    I might have played the trial on EA Play, back last year, but not the full game.
    It's usually a fun game :)

For the first time, all of my mates will now have it on the 1 platform so we can actually play against each other. A major plus since we can't go to each others houses right now.

Google are shutting down the two in house games studios. So there won't be any exclusives coming from them.

Jade Redmond leaves the company.

Google said that games are too hard and too expensive to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Google are shutting down the two in house games studios. So there won't be any exclusives coming from them.

Jade Redmond leaves the company.

Google said that games are too hard and too expensive to make.

I think it's a good move if they focus on getting more established games/franchises onto the service. I'd rather see them spend 200/300M on getting a boat load of great games on the service rather than on an average stadia exclusive IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

They need to go all out and get call of duty warzone imo.

A free to play game like that would sky rocket sign ups/Pro sub. Game isn't everyone's cup of tea but has a massive player base.

A lot of people posting on forums saying this is the death of Stadia. Don't see how. An exclusive or 2 would be nice but just give me the big AAA third party games and I'll be happy. That needs to be the focus and that's what they're doing.
    Down the line they can just do what Microsoft are doing and buy some big studios if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Beginning of the end for stadia. At this point xcloud and playstation now are better propositions. Tons of games and exclusives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Be a fairly stupid time to start finishing up when the likes of cyberpunk was released to acclaim on stadia above other platforms.

Advertisement