Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Does anyone know if you still have the €10 off first game voucher, can it be used in conjunction with the Pre-order Resident Evil VIII deal?

Cheap new controller and chromecast either way

It could with the same offer on cyberpunk. I got the tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Does anyone know if you still have the €10 off first game voucher, can it be used in conjunction with the Pre-order Resident Evil VIII deal?

Cheap new controller and chromecast either way

I believe the €10 voucher is still a thing for new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I believe the €10 voucher is still a thing for new players.

That voucher for new people who sign up, for the free account, expires tomorrow I think. Definitely a few decent games you can get for under a tenner if you wanted to try it out.

New Pro games arriving in April including Resident evil 7.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA:
    PIKUNIKU

But importantly 5 games are leaving. Including the steamworld games, superhot and F1. Steamworl are great little games, if you are on the fence I'd recommend signing up and adding them to your account.

Leaving March 31st: SteamWorld Quest, SteamWorld Dig 2, SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE, F1 2020, and Hotline Miami.

Two weeks of free play on the elder Scrolls online up now for pro players.

• Advertisement

Get 3 months free of Stadia Pro by signing up to the Lenovo website. Won't work if you've used a similar promotion in the past (didn't work for me but worked for all my mates who are newer to the platform).

https://gaming.lenovo.com/us/earn/b/giveaways-members-only/posts/3-month-free-trial---stadia-pro

Get 3 months free of Stadia Pro by signing up to the Lenovo website. Won't work if you've used a similar promotion in the past (didn't work for me but worked for all my mates who are newer to the platform).

https://gaming.lenovo.com/us/earn/b/giveaways-members-only/posts/3-month-free-trial---stadia-pro

Signed up, says this reward has ended

Signed up, says this reward has ended

Ah flip. I seen it this morning but only put up the link when I got the chance after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

The 3 months free offer is back on btw, but be quick :)

https://gleam.io/OVaMX/3-month-free-stadia-trial-run-3-10k

feargantae wrote: »
    The 3 months free offer is back on btw, but be quick :)

https://gleam.io/OVaMX/3-month-free-stadia-trial-run-3-10k

When I click claim it just opens stadia app and nothing happens? Do I need to be on a pc ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

When I click claim it just opens stadia app and nothing happens? Do I need to be on a pc ?

Just did it on android there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It took me a while to get this to work. In the end I followed these steps (note - I already have a Stadia account):
    1. On a desktop PC, click the redeem link sent to you in email
    2. It will open stadia site, for me it did nothing though after I signed in
    3. Check the address bar, it will show in the link invite_code=xxxxx
    4. Copy this invite code
    5. On stadia site, click on your avatar in top left, then stadia settings
    6. On next page, there'll be an option to redeem code on left hand menu, near the bottom. Enter the code here.
    7. It prompts you to confirm payment, but if you look at the details it says payment today of €0, and next payment due is in July.

Thanks for sharing this OP!

Brilliant, thanks both. I pulled the code from the URL.

I opened stadia.com on the phone but if you use the chrome settings to change it to show the desktop version you get the correct layout to get into stadia settings and redeem code. (In case you don't have a desktop pc).

It worked and moved my next payment date from April to July.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for that. First payment was due this month so I'll happily take the 3 months free!

Excellent stuff. I managed to kinda avail of it. Gave my code to a friend who is in my Family Group. So now I have access to a lot of my old Pro games through Family Share option for the next 3 months.

Thanks for the link. Took another 3 month trial to give it another go.

I seriously need to figure out how to get Stadia running smoothly on my laptop. Just tried PUBG there, and it's virtually unplayable. Framerate about 15fps, resolution extremely low, sound as if my head is in a bucket. I have my laptop wired, 800mps down, 50 up, 4ms latency.

Will try through my Chromecast later on, really want a decent experience from this thing.

Edit: got it running on my Chromecast. Much better, but still a long way off how it performs on my Series X (or even my One X). I guess I just have to accept that Stadia isn't for FPS type games. I can't remember ever coming across a decent Stadia player online, so that's probably why.

Can you get this working on a Shield? I have geforce now, want to compare

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

dulpit wrote: »
    It took me a while to get this to work. In the end I followed these steps (note - I already have a Stadia account):
    1. On a desktop PC, click the redeem link sent to you in email
    2. It will open stadia site, for me it did nothing though after I signed in
    3. Check the address bar, it will show in the link invite_code=xxxxx
    4. Copy this invite code
    5. On stadia site, click on your avatar in top left, then stadia settings
    6. On next page, there'll be an option to redeem code on left hand menu, near the bottom. Enter the code here.
    7. It prompts you to confirm payment, but if you look at the details it says payment today of €0, and next payment due is in July.

Thanks for sharing this OP!

This worked a treat, thank you for sharing OP and for instructions on how to redeem dulpit

Any good stadia pro games worth checking out? Specifically ones which are handy to pick up and play on mobile rather than a big featured game.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Took another 3 month trial to give it another go.

I seriously need to figure out how to get Stadia running smoothly on my laptop. Just tried PUBG there, and it's virtually unplayable. Framerate about 15fps, resolution extremely low, sound as if my head is in a bucket. I have my laptop wired, 800mps down, 50 up, 4ms latency.

Will try through my Chromecast later on, really want a decent experience from this thing.

Edit: got it running on my Chromecast. Much better, but still a long way off how it performs on my Series X (or even my One X). I guess I just have to accept that Stadia isn't for FPS type games. I can't remember ever coming across a decent Stadia player online, so that's probably why.

Not sure why you're experienceing issues. A few things I tried in the beginning which really improved performance for me:
    1: Turn off and on your router.

2: Set whatever device you are using to 5GHz Wifi rather than 2.4GHz. Most things by default connect to the 2.4G network in your house. The 5GHz signal will be cleaner as a result.

3: Also if your TV supports it, make sure its display is set to Game mode. Makes a huge difference to latency.

I play a good mix of games on the service including shooters and at this point I would be hard pressed to tell if I was playing on a local console or streaming, it's that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Can you get this working on a Shield? I have geforce now, want to compare

You can. I have it working on the Shield. You'll obviously have to sideload it etc but I think it was straight-forward enough.

It works well enough - I find it's easier to claim the games through the app on your phone and then head across to the Shield where they'll then appear to play them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Basil3 wrote: »
    T

If you can use the chromecast through ethernet - much ,much better experience.
    Or as block fighter says 5 ghz wifi - Id say both are roughly equal.

I play on both a PC (wired ) and Chromecast (wired) and the chromecast has always been more stable.

Any good stadia pro games worth checking out? Specifically ones which are handy to pick up and play on mobile rather than a big featured game.

I really like the Steam World ones, Steam world Heist is good fun. Like a 2D turn based game so easy to play on a mobile.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order added to Pro today. Looks decent...

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order added to Pro today. Looks decent...

It is very good. That is a nice surprise, I hadn't seen it on any rumours.

Resident evil demo is up too. You don't need a sub to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

It is very good. That is a nice surprise, I hadn't seen it on any rumours.

Resident evil demo is up too. You don't need a sub to play it.

Claimed straight away, looking forward to playing that, very decent addition. Flat out at RDR2 at the moment and with RE Village due this Friday, it's going to be a busy few weeks!

I'll have access to RE: VIII since my mate in my family group is buying it. Not sure I'm brave enough to play it though. Can't do scary games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I've bought it to get the free controller and Chromecast ultra but not sure I've the stomach for it

I've bought it to get the free controller and Chromecast ultra but not sure I've the stomach for it

At least if it turns out it's not for you you're still getting the hardware out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm playing through 7 at the moment. My time is limited these days and I'm a wuss when it comes to horror games so I'm playing it on easy and have a guide to hand if I get stuck...and possibly look ahead for any jump scares.... While it kinda feels like cheating I have to say I'm loving it.

Advertisement