Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »
    Mine shipped today, should be with me on Friday. Knowing the postal service in Spain I very much doubt that but we will see.

Infested to see how it runs on my 55 inch 4k tv, at the moment I have just been playing it on my computer monitor.

It came today as advertised, I'm delighted with it.

It looks great and palys well, I just need to get used to the sensitivity difference.

The controller is much better than the one I was using originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

ASOT wrote: »
    It came today as advertised, I'm delighted with it.

It looks great and palys well, I just need to get used to the sensitivity difference.

The controller is much better than the one I was using originally.

It's a great controller. Only thing I'm not sold on is the stick placement. I think Xbox having the offset sticks is a better design. But it's a minor grievance and personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Still waiting on my hardware delivery!
    Fúcking DHL must be hammered around Limerick, it's 2 days late now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye I definitely prefer the Xbox stick placement but google really need to give us an option to turn off the rumble, it's crazy strong and loud. I know you can turn it off game by game but even turning the controller on resembles a small earthquake aftershock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Agreed on the stick placements and the rumble, I thought it was going to break the glass on my table.

Overall I'm delighted at getting the whole set up and game for 60 quid, google support were A1 in getting mine sent to Spain when I was having issues doing it myself.

Used the 10r off voucher I had to buy the golf2k21 game and have been enjoying that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

How's the ping and input lag with this so far? If there are even sometimes issues on a high-end overclocked rig with a fast internet connection, then what is this like?

I know Google are good but if you're connecting to a data centre hundred of miles away there must be some issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Doge

One thing I only discovered from watching unboxing videos is that there's an ethernet port in the charger itself, and it feeds the internet connection into the Chromecast ultra over micro usb.

That is extremely clever and should help with achieving a lower ping than using WiFi.
    I ordered mine on Sunday the 13th and it dispatched today btw.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Still waiting on my hardware delivery!
    Fúcking DHL must be hammered around Limerick, it's 2 days late now :(

Ooh, just got an update text that it'll be here before 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Rezident wrote: »
    How's the ping and input lag with this so far? If there are even sometimes issues on a high-end overclocked rig with a fast internet connection, then what is this like?

I know Google are good but if you're connecting to a data centre hundred of miles away there must be some issues?

All depends on the connection I suppose. I have a 1GB FTTH connection and have wired certain rooms in the house with CAT6 so not an issue for me. Chromecast and computer both have cabled connections while the controller is Wi-Fi. I have personally experienced no lag or glitches - has been perfect. That being said - I am a casual gamer so 2-4 hours a week is enough for me.

There is something very cool about being upstairs playing on the computer via browser and then going to the Chromecast-connected TV downstairs and picking up the same game. Gaming on tablets or phones is not for me so can't comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Doge

Wow, so the expected delivery date was Tuesday, it dispatched yesterday and was delivered today via DHL express.

Totally wasn't expecting a next day delivery.

Be sure to track your deliveries folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My DHL Friday delivery is long gone. I'm assuming it will be monday. Glad I wasn't stuck for it.

Landed today, DHL guy left it on the grass outside in the rain. we were all at home, even leaving it on the doorstep would have it covered.

Lucky enough I saw it before it got too soaked wet and the box was shrink wrapped so seems to be okay.

Been hearing a lot of bad reports of DHL and dpd drivers lately leaving stuff in terrible places. One dpd driver put a package into a bin. The bin was emptied that day before the person realised. Bye bye parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Been hearing a lot of bad reports of DHL and dpd drivers lately leaving stuff in terrible places. One dpd driver put a package into a bin. The bin was emptied that day before the person realised. Bye bye parcel.

Haha ffs thats terrible :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi all. Looking for a bit of help. Got my stadia on Xmas day and Im not sure if its working right.
    On my tv - nothing special A 1080p 32" TV the tv is telling me that the chromecast is only outputting @1280x720

I cannot figure it out. Ive factory reset the chromecast,tried different TVs and still just says 720p.

Am I missing something as in a setting somewhere. The stadia app says "up to 1080p" so that's correct. Ive removed my stadia account to see if it was stadia or the chromecast but it seems to be just the chromecast.
    Its hardwired through ethernet @ 260Mbps so connection isn't an issue.

Anyone any ideas?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for a bit of help. Got my stadia on Xmas day and Im not sure if its working right.
    On my tv - nothing special A 1080p 32" TV the tv is telling me that the chromecast is only outputting @1280x720

I cannot figure it out. Ive factory reset the chromecast,tried different TVs and still just says 720p.

Am I missing something as in a setting somewhere. The stadia app says "up to 1080p" so that's correct. Ive removed my stadia account to see if it was stadia or the chromecast but it seems to be just the chromecast.
    Its hardwired through ethernet @ 260Mbps so connection isn't an issue.

Anyone any ideas?

Have a look on your TV settings to see if there is any settings for the HDMI port. It might need to be set to enhanced.

When you log into stadia there are some options in the cog, I'm not sure if there is a video output option but might be worth a look.

At the home screen on Stadia on Chromecast, press the Stadia button on the controller.
    Go down and over right to the cog wheel "options" and enter that.
    Go down 2nd from bottom to resolution.
    Mine says 4k, but if i click into it, i can choose to select 1080p or 720p also.
    See if you can change yours to 1080p?

The resolution inside the Stadia app, is for that app itself :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have a look on your TV settings to see if there is any settings for the HDMI port. It might need to be set to enhanced.

When you log into stadia there are some options in the cog, I'm not sure if there is a video output option but might be worth a look.

Ive done that. TV doesn't have any settings for the hdmi port.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    At the home screen on Stadia on Chromecast, press the Stadia button on the controller.
    Go down and over right to the cog wheel "options" and enter that.
    Go down 2nd from bottom to resolution.
    Mine says 4k, but if i click into it, i can choose to select 1080p or 720p also.
    See if you can change yours to 1080p?

The resolution inside the Stadia app, is for that app itself :)

Its set to 1080p but it still looks low resolution So I decided to try and see if it was the hdmi port. If I unplug the chromecast and plug in my xb1 the TV then says 1920x1080 - plug back in the chromecast and it goes back to 1280 x 720 so it definitely seems to be outputting at only 720.

Its doing my head in. Issue seems to be with the chromecast - even with my stadia account removed from it it stays at 720p.

Ive added pictures. One is the chromecast and the other is my gaming pc. Each one is on a different hdmi port. But Ive swapped them around to see if it made any difference and nothing.

Is it the Chromecast Ultra version?

• Advertisement

Is it the Chromecast Ultra version?

Yep.

The only thing that I can think of is with the CC plugged in, navigate your TV's menu for picture/display settings and see if there's some option to change resolution in there.
    The CC should have picked up your TV's max resolution upon start and used that to output it's menu at.
    There's no real configuration beyond that.
    You might need to get onto Google to troubleshoot and maybe to RMA and get new one :(

Silly question but did you try playing a game to see if the output changes? Mine normally changes depending on what I'm playing.

Community members on r/stadia made up this guide to help troubleshoot common Stadia problems. Worth a look at the Big Screen Settings section at least

oajzpqsdzjw41.png

Silly question but did you try playing a game to see if the output changes? Mine normally changes depending on what I'm playing.

I think you could be on to something with this. Heard before the resolution changes to lower settings when you're in the game select area.

Yep tried that aswell.
    I think I may have narrowed it down to the TV. I tried it on another TV and straight away it changed to 1080p - that was without any network connection. The room with that TV has crappy internet access so I cant try out Stadia on that one.

Im starting to think that the TV I have it on is just not switching to 1080 from the CC.
    Possible HDMI port problem by the looks of it. Strange that my xb1 and switch are at 1080p though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've constantly had issues with my Chromecast since getting it with the cyberpunk bundle. Brought it to another house over Christmas and it started crashing when trying to cast Netflix to a TV.

Incredibly disappointing but Google are now sending out a replacement premiere bundle so have to send back current Chromecast and controller.

So far my impressions are that when Stadia/Chromecast works it's fantastic but at this stage I've stopped trying to play any games because I know I'll almost certainly run into issues.

Don't forget to grab this month's Stadia Pro games, if you subscribe :)

https://stadia.google.com/store/list/2001

F1 2020 and Hotline Miami are the highlights for me!

Been playing F1 for the last few months. I love the career mode, designing my own car and signing drivers. Gameplay is fantastic.

• Advertisement

Have to say after a month with Stadia Im loving it. Its juts so easy to pick up the controller and play.Pity it doesn't allow you access to your steam / origin etc accounts. That would finally make me stop the gaming pc upgrade cycle every few years.
    Ive been reading about Shadow but Im not sure if its been released yet.

Advertisement