Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Oh god, i hope i got in time last night, how do they get your shipping address?

You should get an email to complete your order. Don't know if your address is already saved on Google, if it is it will be there. You get the option in the email link to change address if required.
    Two of my mates received their Premier Editions in the post (DHL) this morning. Fast work by Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Oh god, i hope i got in time last night, how do they get your shipping address?

I'd say you did. Or you could make a very good case for them including you. Did the site still have the promo messaging up?

It took them almost 24 hours to email me. So you should hear tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'd say you did. Or you could make a very good case for them including you. Did the site still have the promo messaging up?

It took them almost 24 hours to email me. So you should hear tonight.

Yeah, site had the promotion still in the description when i purchased, took a screenshot of it at the time as well on my phone with a timestamp. I'll just refund it and buy it on steam if im not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

My order went in at 1am on Sunday morning and I've heard nothing beyond the receipt mail, so I'd say I'm out of luck before Christmas anyway, which is a shame since I'll be at my parents place for two weeks and it would have suited nicely. Ah well. :)

My order went in at 1am on Sunday morning and I've heard nothing beyond the receipt mail, so I'd say I'm out of luck before Christmas anyway, which is a shame since I'll be at my parents place all for two weeks and it would have suited nicely. Ah well. :)

I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mine shipped today, they are saying it will get here tomorrow or Wednesday, skeptical about that, it’s coming from Holland. I’ll update when it gets here.

Getting on OK with DS4 > laptop > HDMI for now.

Contacted support to make sure i got the promotion before it ended, i did :) just waiting for an email now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

US only for now, but hopefully they don't piss about with the rollout!
    Been waiting for this.

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1338552400890580992?s=20

marcbrophy wrote: »
    US only for now, but hopefully they don't piss about with the rollout!
    Been waiting for this.

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1338552400890580992?s=20

Personally this isn't for me. Would rather just buy a game and play at my leisure. Will be handy if I wanted to try out a game for a month but other than that it's a no from me. Trying to avoid subscription models.

Personally this isn't for me. Would rather just buy a game and play at my leisure. Will be handy if I wanted to try out a game for a month but other than that it's a no from me. Trying to avoid subscription models.

Yeah and that's perfectly fine!
    I already have Ubi + on the PC, but I've limited space, so never download anything.
    So I can spin it up on Stadia without the downloads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

How much data are you using marc, just out of interest?

Got my email :) delighted. Must finish Valhalla before moving to cyberpunk

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    How much data are you using marc, just out of interest?

Well, my last 5 months usage averages at 1,150Gb per month.
    So far this month, I've hit 1,107Gb with 13 days remaining :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Yeah and that's perfectly fine!
    I already have Ubi + on the PC, but I've limited space, so never download anything.
    So I can spin it up on Stadia without the downloads :)

That's a great setup. Major selling point for the service.

That's a great setup. Major selling point for the service.

Yep and because you don't need Stadia Pro to avail, anyone who already has Ubi + will be able to pop into Stadia and continue to play their games free of extra charge, with Ubi cloud saves right where they left off :)

Anybody not got their mail yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Ordered on the 10th, arrived today!

Ordered on 19th November. Received email on the 11th of December. Arrived today. 4 of my mates got theirs yesterday. 1 friend expected to receive his tomorrow according to DHL.

Hmm. I ordered on the 13th but haven't recieved the confirmation and I'd have expected to by now. Play still acting up and support not responding, presumably snowed under with the Google outage issues.

Hmm. I ordered on the 13th but haven't recieved the confirmation and I'd have expected to by now. Ay still acting up and support not responding, presumably snowed under with the Google outage issues.

I'm not sure there's any order to how they are processing delivery's. Some of my friends ordered the night before release and got their emails before me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mine shipped today, should be with me on Friday. Knowing the postal service in Spain I very much doubt that but we will see.

Infested to see how it runs on my 55 inch 4k tv, at the moment I have just been playing it on my computer monitor.

ASOT wrote: »
    Mine shipped today, should be with me on Friday. Knowing the postal service in Spain I very much doubt that but we will see.

Infested to see how it runs on my 55 inch 4k tv, at the moment I have just been playing it on my computer monitor.

I'm playing on a 55" 4K TV. It'll look good. Usually play in 1080p settings rather than 4K though, just to keep data down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭wassie

Playing in 4K is superb - don't forget to check that you have the HDR settings enabled if your tv supports it:
    • On your Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button.
    • Select Options Settings icon.
    • Ensure High Dynamic Range (HDR) is toggled on.

Haven't been able to get a reply from any support channel. Does anyone have a working email address etc for Stadia support that they've gotten a response from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭wassie

Try another medium you may get a faster response after their email system suffered a big outage this week - they may still be playing catchup.

Chat
    https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Update from Google, my order is dispatched. It was due for Dec 31st, now due between tomorrow & Monday.

wassie wrote: »
    Try another medium you may get a faster response after their email system suffered a big outage this week - they may still be playing catchup.

Chat
    https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/

Estimated chat queue time is about four hours. Twitter won't reply to me, tweets or DMs :mad:

Estimated chat queue time is about four hours. Twitter won't reply to me, tweets or DMs :mad:

QMTA -

3 hours in a chat queue later, they told me I'd definitely gotten the mail Monday - I definitely didn't - and eventually got me sorted.

Won't have it for Christmas leave, which is a pity, but at least it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mine arrived. I’m on holidays from tomorrow so that’s handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone know why Black Flag wasn't released with the rest of AC games this week? Have they plans to release it down the line?

Advertisement