Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

dmn22 wrote: »
    If I only ordered yesterday, I probably shouldn't expect to receive the email for at least a few days correct?

Me too, we're probably bottom of the pile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I got my code, only bought the game on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ASOT wrote: »
    I got my code, only bought the game on the 7th.

Just got mail there 30 mins ago!
    Sweet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just signed up to Stadia and picked up Cyberpunk. Was my first time signing up so got the game for €50 which is a great price if I manage to get the Stadia kit promo. Seems to be still running anyway.

Curious to see how well it runs, I tried the PlayStation option in the past and it was dreadful, even though I was getting over 200Mbs speed. Will probably wait to see if I get the kit before trying, wouldn’t be able to enjoy it on a phone screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just signed up to Stadia and picked up Cyberpunk. Was my first time signing up so got the game for €50 which is a great price if I manage to get the Stadia kit promo. Seems to be still running anyway.

Curious to see how well it runs, I tried the PlayStation option in the past and it was dreadful, even though I was getting over 200Mbs speed. Will probably wait to see if I get the kit before trying, wouldn’t be able to enjoy it on a phone screen.

If you have any USB gamepads, you will be able to play on your laptop/computer via Chrome until the Stadia controller and CCU comes.

Reddit has a good Stadia community to keep track of all things Stadia. The Stadia Cyberpunk experience is very positive.

• Advertisement

If you have any USB gamepads, you will be able to play on your laptop/computer via Chrome until the Stadia controller and CCU comes.

Reddit has a good Stadia community to keep track of all things Stadia. The Stadia Cyberpunk experience is very positive.

I don’t unfortunately but I’m not in a rush so I don’t mind waiting, thanks. I’ve saw a few people online saying Cyberpunk is running’s better on Stadia than some of the last-gen consoles so that’s a good sign if it’s true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I don’t unfortunately but I’m not in a rush so I don’t mind waiting, thanks. I’ve saw a few people online saying Cyberpunk is running’s better on Stadia than some of the last-gen consoles so that’s a good sign if it’s true.

It's definitely running better than last gen, it's running as good as a mid range PC from what I've read. It looks great on my 55 inch 4k TV, that's all I know. Delighted to see more people joining the Stadia platform.
    For anyone who needs light relief from playing cyberpunk, Bomberman is a free game. 64 player Bomberman Royale. Highly recommend. Destiny 2 is free also. No subscription required.

Had issues ordering my premier as I'm in Spain and it wouldn't let me change the delivery country from Ireland, customer service sorted it out and it's due to arrive the 22nd

I'd imagine most people here ordered a few weeks ago when the deal was first available, but anybody order over the last couple of days? Curious to how long on average it takes until the codes start going out? I read the codes have only started to get sent even for those who ordered weeks ago, so wondering if it's hours or days for those who ordered recently.

Also, for the longer term players how often do games sales change/pop up? Been wanting to play Little Nightmares but would rather wait for the chance of a sale to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I'd imagine most people here ordered a few weeks ago when the deal was first available, but anybody order over the last couple of days? Curious to how long on average it takes until the codes start going out? I read the codes have only started to get sent even for those who ordered weeks ago, so wondering if it's hours or days for those who ordered recently.

Also, for the longer term players how often do games sales change/pop up? Been wanting to play Little Nightmares but would rather wait for the chance of a sale to give it a try.

Folks over on HUKD have already started receiving their hardware, including some who didn't pre-order.
    I pre-ordered on 25/11 and got the code less than a day after the game was released. Mine's due to arrive on Monday-Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I signed up and bought the game Thursday night, got the email for the free Chromecast and controller yesterday. Less than 24 hours for me.

I ordered on the 7th of December and got my code last night

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

Have my brother interested in Stadia now, he’s very picky when it comes to games and is easily bothered by things like dropped frames or screen tearing and stuff like that. He tried it on a mid-range PC playing Destiny and he said as surprised at how well it ran. Running great with no issues, Stadia is definitely running much better than I’d have imagined.

There's usually a sale of some sort every month. In the past I've picked up AC Odyssey for €25, The Division 2 for €10, borderlands 3 was recently on sale for less than €15 i think, PGA 2K21 for €10, Jedi Fallen Order for €25 or so. They've been very good with regular discounts and even better discounts if you're a Pro subscriber.

Thanks for the updates. I just got the promo code a few minutes ago, I ordered around 10/11pm last night so less than 24 hours for me too. Looking forward to getting it, estimate for delivery is before Christmas too :D

I'll keep my eye out for sales over the Christmas, either way I've loads of the free Stadia Pro games to keep me occupied as well as Cyberpunk.

Thanks for the updates. I just got the promo code a few minutes ago, I ordered around 10/11pm last night so less than 24 hours for me too. Looking forward to getting it, estimate for delivery is before Christmas too :D

I'll keep my eye out for sales over the Christmas, either way I've loads of the free Stadia Pro games to keep me occupied as well as Cyberpunk.

You can also potentially get a 3-month free trial of Pro if you sign up to Google One - someone on here said this offer worked for them in Ireland.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-months-google-stadia-pro-for-google-one-subscribers-3615921

You can also potentially get a 3-month free trial of Pro if you sign up to Google One - someone on here said this offer worked for them in Ireland.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-months-google-stadia-pro-for-google-one-subscribers-3615921

Thanks for the heads up. Reading that it seems to be for those who never had Stadia Pro before. When I signed up I had to accept the trial of Stadia Pro for a month before continuing. I actually couldn’t find a way to join Stadia without starting the trial first. Maybe I missed something but the €10 off a game was handy either way.

Thanks for the heads up. Reading that it seems to be for those who never had Stadia Pro before. When I signed up I had to accept the trial of Stadia Pro for a month before continuing. I actually couldn’t find a way to join Stadia without starting the trial first. Maybe I missed something but the €10 off a game was handy either way.

I think I read somewhere that you can avoid the pro trial signup by registering on a certain device (desktop maybe?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's meant to be one of the best versions. If you do just want to have a look you can use the mobile app. It now has a built in on screen controller.

Even some unsupported devices work if you turn on experiments.

I just bought it. €49.99 with my tenner off. The controller and chrome cast is a great offer. Fingers crossed it's not just for new sign ups as I've had my account since day one.

It's meant to be one of the best versions. If you do just want to have a look you can use the mobile app. It now has a built in on screen controller.

Even some unsupported devices work if you turn on experiments.

I just bought it. €49.99 with my tenner off. The controller and chrome cast is a great offer. Fingers crossed it's not just for new sign ups as I've had my account since day one.

It's not just new signups, you're definitely eligible don't worry.

• Advertisement

It's not just new signups, you're definitely eligible don't worry.

Sweet, it says in the t&c that it is limited to one premier edition per user. I assume that's one per promotion so you can't take the piss, I bought one at stadia launch, but can't turn down that deal. Can have it set up in two rooms now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My stadia stuff arrived yesterday, set it up last night to play cyberpunk. Have to say I'm very impressed ran without a hitch, granted I have fibre here so lucky to have that. Then bought borderlands 3 and started playing straight away, again flawless performance really. Had the same experience I have playing on my home consoles.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My stadia stuff arrived yesterday, set it up last night to play cyberpunk. Have to say I'm very impressed ran without a hitch, granted I have fibre here so lucky to have that. Then bought borderlands 3 and started playing straight away, again flawless performance really. Had the same experience I have playing on my home consoles.

It's always been like this. People who haven't tried it are the ones who criticise it most. Stadia was always going to come into the main stream more when the inevitable new console shortages happened. The best thing they did all year though was offering free chromecast and controller with one of the most hyped games of the decade.
    It won't ever replace consoles and I don't think that's the aim. But it will become a viable option for a substantial amount of gamers in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Got the Cyberpunk deal. Planning to upgrade my internet shortly anyway and the deal was great (for the few seconds I could get it to run on my crappy Three mobile modem I was blown away by how easy and clean the experience it was :D)

In the meantime, just so I know, I'm to wait for an email to confirm details for the hardware? I understand it'll likely be the new year before it arrives.

Anyone use it with a LAN cable? When I'm on WiFi the controller works fine. But as soon as I plug in the cable it stops working.

WiFi is through an eero but they are all the same network.

Otherwise it is playing great.

Got the Cyberpunk deal. Planning to upgrade my internet shortly anyway and the deal was great (for the few seconds I could get it to run on my crappy Three mobile modem I was blown away by how easy and clean the experience it was :D)

In the meantime, just so I know, I'm to wait for an email to confirm details for the hardware? I understand it'll likely be the new year before it arrives.

You'll get your email within a week. I've received mine already and they've confirmed delivery by Wednesday. Some people have already received there's in the post i seen on some forums. So there's a good chance you'll have it before the 25th. Google have been very quick to send me stadia items in the past.

I bought last night just got my email now, and ordered, delivery for Dec 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just bought cyberpunk there, too good a deal with the free hardware to pass up.

Premier Edition Cyberpunk deal is now over. If you bought before today you still qualify but no new orders from today onwards qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Oh god, i hope i got in time last night, how do they get your shipping address?

Advertisement