Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

grbear wrote: »
    Laois want a word.

Whoops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭threeball

MfMan wrote: »
    Lucky Tipp. Lucky, lucky, lucky Tipp. Today’s damage mitigated by Wexford victory. Think KK might just shade Cork, be LK v KK in semi’, LK v Tipp in final.

I agree. Tipps loss came on the right day. They can focus on a few issues now. Lk tipp final with tipp to win for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Seadin wrote: »
    They have won more than enough. Thats what he means.

Ah, so just petty small-mindedness then.

You're a capable spokesman on his behalf.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,540 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What do you mean ?

Great for a county like Wexford to win a Leinster.
    Great to see Kilkenny lose, most Corkmen like to see that, and vice verca.
    Also should Cork win their next game, its Cork v Kilkenny, a game that will surely get both teams and their fans excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Seadin

threeball wrote: »
    Kk have a great chance against Cork. Cork hate in your face teams. Kk will be all over them like a rash. That one will be close.

Tipp will beat Dublin easy enough.

Prefer for Cork to meet Kilkenny than Wexford. Cork will be up for Kilkenny. Think Cork forwards are more of a scoring threat tbh. This Kilkenny team are very average and very beatable compared to what we were used of before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Not daveys biggest fan but fair play to them well deserved.

Wouldn’t write KK off yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

grbear wrote:
    Laois want a word.

In fact Laois, along with Dublin and Cork are the only counties that can win the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭threeball

Prefer for Cork to meet Kilkenny than Wexford. Cork will be up for Kilkenny. Think Cork forwards are more of a scoring threat tbh. This Kilkenny team are very average and very beatable compared to what we were used of before.

Yes they're way more beatable but they're exactly the kind of team Cork struggle with.

Ah, so just petty small-mindedness then.

You're a capable spokesman on his behalf.

Not really. Wexford havent won the Leinster final since 2004. It was 1997 since they last beat Kilkenny in a Leinster final. Nice for Wexford to create their own piece of history. Great for the game of hurling.

Yes they're way more beatable but they're exactly the kind of team Cork struggle with.

Your right. If Cork aren't up to the challenge they will be beaten that is fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Not really. Wexford havent won the Leinster final since 2004. It was 1997 since they last beat Kilkenny in a Leinster final. Nice for Wexford to create their own piece of history. Great for the game of hurling.

I think you've left it a tad late for a civilised answer to a question you weren't asked.

Or a history lesson, come to think of it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great for a county like Wexford to win a Leinster.
    Great to see Kilkenny lose, most Corkmen like to see that, and vice verca.
    Also should Cork win their next game, its Cork v Kilkenny, a game that will surely get both teams and their fans excited.

I can't see Kilkenny beating Cork. However it's a good thing hurling is played on a pitch and not in the mind of us supporters cause I was talking to someone during the week who said the same about Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cork v kilkenny will be a belter. Will the all Ireland quarters be in croker?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

If Cork win there football qualifier they will be playing Dublin on Saturday the 14th of July in a stand alone game. I could see it being put as a double header with Kilkenny game. Would be some occasion on a Saturday evening mid summer. Could see 35/40,000 travel from Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

If Cork win there football qualifier they will be playing Dublin on Saturday the 14th of July in a stand alone game. I could see it being put as a double header with Kilkenny game. Would be some occasion on a Saturday evening mid summer. Could see 35/40,000 travel from Cork

The QFs are double headers on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭C__MC

Kilkenny wont beat cork

Handy route for tipp to final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭C__MC

Brian017 wrote: »

Will be interesting to see if the dubs give tipp home advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭sjb25

“They’ll be dancing at the crossroads tonight” says the commentator.

What kind of bull**** is this?
    Stupid old sayings.

https://youtu.be/Z0B-Nf4kahA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

C__MC wrote: »

We've a 100% record against Tipp in Thurles since 2017 :)

I assume it will be a double header there? Should attract a big crowd.

Of course, there is small matter of Laois next weekend. Should win that comfortably enough but they can be a handful. Depends on how Brennan prepares them for the quick turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I agree. Tipps loss came on the right day. They can focus on a few issues now. Lk tipp final with tipp to win for me.

Tipp won't beat that Limerick side unless Limerick underperform or just aren't that bothered like they were a few weeks ago. Don't have the legs for them once Limerick up the work rate.

Best news of the day for Tipp is the draw has opened up for them. They won't say it but they'll much prefer seeing Dublin (outside Parnell Park) and Wexford in front of them rather than say Galway and Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

Tipp won't beat that Limerick side unless Limerick underperform or just aren't that bothered like they were a few weeks ago. Don't have the legs for them once Limerick up the work rate.

Best news of the day for Tipp is the draw has opened up for them. They won't say it but they'll much prefer seeing Dublin (outside Parnell Park) and Wexford in front of them rather than say Galway and Kilkenny.

Dublin wont be easy for them but they should beat them on paper. They will fancy their chances against Wexford but who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Brian017 wrote: »

Seperate games last year.
    Wexford vs Clare in cork on Saturday
    Kk vs Limerick on the Sunday in Thurles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

RMAOK wrote: »
    These interviews right after the match are a load of rubbish imo. The lads are fücked are played 80 odd minutes and then immediately expected to "revert to type".

No wonder Johnny Glynn said "fücking bullsh1t" a few years ago. :D

I'd have thought that Johnny Glynn saying "f*cking bujjsh1t" was likely reverting to type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

As they usually are they will be a double-header in Thurles. Though if Cork footballers come through the next round expect many highly original and knowing remarks about Páirc Uí Chaoimh and "Frank" and futile talk of double-headers and great atmosphere etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

C__MC wrote: »

The GAA will be trying their best to get the game on in Thurles. I hope Dublin dont let themselves be bullied into going to Thurles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I see what you're saying but Kilkenny really haven't had a big championship win in 3 years now. Theyre carrying plenty passengers these days

Not saying it's the case with yourself, but overall i think their name alone still means they're overrated by some.

I think Munster has been a good step above Leinster in quality this year tbh. I'd fancy Cork to beat any Leinster team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well we all enjoyed watching Wexford get over the line. Was great to see. Got swept up in the drama and ended up going full on Wexford native before the end..

One thing though.. I thought the game was broken up a lot by frees.. not unwarranted so not blaming a picky ref. He tried to give advantage as much as he could but there was a serious amount of niggly pulling and dragging.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,006 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knew wexford would do it and could easily go the whole way. Congrats to them and there supporters should be mental down there the next few days

Have to hand it too Davy Munster/Leinster/League/Fitzbibbon and All Ireland titles as manager with 4 different teams

The all Ireland semis could be this
    Kilkenny vs Limerick
    Tipp vs Wexford

But then u have Cork and Dublin there too who could spring a surprise. Cork could well turn Kilkenny over

Nowlan Park will be ruled out for the QFs as theres a concert on the same weekend

Dub/Lao vs Tipp- Tullamore
    Cork vs KK- Thurles
    One on Sat and one on Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Knew wexford would do it and could easily go the whole way.

I think "Easily" is stretching it quite massively

They'd need to probably beat both Tipp and Limerick. I'd honestly be amazed if they were within 5 points of Tipp in the first place

But they'll take a lot of positives regardless of what happens and it was great to see them do it today. They're years off an all Ireland though imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Whatever about all Irelands today was massive for Wexford absolutely massive if you were on the train now you would swear we won Liam. But that's what it's all about we will enjoy our day today and god knows where the rest of the season will take us. Bob is coming home to slaneyside

Advertisement