Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

  • 19-03-2019 5:31pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    Munster

    Round 1- Sunday 12th May
    Waterford vs Clare- Walsh Park 2pm
    Cork vs Tipp- PUC 4pm

    Round 2- Sunday 19th May
    Tipp vs Waterford- Thurles 2pm
    Limerick vs Cork- Gaelic Grounds 4pm

    Round 3- Sun 2nd June
    Waterford vs Limerick- Walsh Park 2pm
    Clare vs Tipp- Cusack Park 4pm

    Round 4- Sat 8th/Sun 9th June
    Cork vs Waterford- PUC 7pm (Sat 8th)
    Limerick vs Clare- Gaelic Grounds 4pm (Sun 9th)

    Round 5- Sun 16th June
    Clare vs Cork- Cusack Park 2pm
    Tipp vs Limerick- Thurles 2pm

    Final- Sun 30th June 2pm Venue TBC

    Leinster

    Round 1- Sat 11th//Sun 12th May
    Kilkenny vs Dublin- Nowlan Park 7pm (Sat 11th)
    Galway vs Carlow- Pearse Stadium 3pm (Sun 12th)

    Round 2- Sun 19th May
    Carlow vs Kilkenny- Netwatch Cullen Park 3pm
    Dublin vs Wexford- Parnell Park 3pm

    Round 3- Sun 26th May/Sun 2nd June
    Galway vs Wexford- Pearse Stadium 4pm (Sun 26th May)
    Carlow vs Dublin- Netwatch Cullen Park 3pm (Sun 2nd June)

    Round 4- Sat 8th/Sun 9th June
    Wexford vs Carlow- Wexford Park 7pm (Sat 8th June)
    Kilkenny vs Galway- Nowlan Park 2pm (Sun 9th June)

    Round 5- Sat 15th June
    Dublin vs Galway- Parnell Park 7pm
    Wexford vs Kilkenny- Wexford Park 7pm

    Final- Sun 30th June Croke Park 4pm

    All Ireland

    Sat 6th/Sun 7th July
    All-Ireland SHC preliminary quarter-finals
    Joe McDonagh Cup winner v Leinster 3rd placed team
    Joe McDonagh Cup runner-up v Munster 3rd placed team

    Sat 13th/Sun 14th July
    All-Ireland SHC quarter-finals
    Leinster runner-up v Joe McDonagh Cup runner-up or Munster group 3rd placed team
    Munster runner-up v Joe McDonagh Cup winner or Leinster group 3rd placed team

    Sat 28th/Sun 29th July
    All-Ireland SHC semi-final
    Provincial winner v quarter-final winner- Croke Park
    Provincial winner v quarter-final winner- Croke Park

    Sun 18th Aug
    All Ireland Senior Final- Croke Park 3.30pm


«134567178

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭ RMAOK


    They still have the Munster and Leinster finals on the one day :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭ kala85


    RMAOK wrote: »
    They still have the Munster and Leinster finals on the one day :rolleyes:

    Absolute madness.
    Why two of the most important games all year have to be on the same day is crazy


  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ grbear


    The treatment the Joe Mcdonagh tournament gets is going to end up killing any plans for a second tier football championship. Why would any county board between 10 and 24 on Laoismans ranking table vote for a championship where the only evidence available points to them getting very little media exposure as a result?

    The final of the Joe Mcdonagh should be televised live on RTE, not through some fella streaming it to Facebook/YouTube.

    EDIT: They can't even rely on Buff Egan covering it as he'll be off to the Munster final.


  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ RayVaughan1984


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Munster

    Round 1- Sunday 12th May
    Waterford vs Clare- Walsh Park 2pm
    Cork vs Tipp- PUC 4pm

    Round 2- Sunday 19th May
    Tipp vs Waterford- Thurles 2pm
    Limerick vs Cork- Gaelic Grounds 4pm

    Round 3- Sun 2nd June
    Waterford vs Limerick- Walsh Park 2pm
    Clare vs Tipp- Cusack Park 4pm

    Round 4- Sat 8th/Sun 9th June
    Cork vs Waterford- PUC 7pm (Sat 8th)
    Limerick vs Clare- Gaelic Grounds 4pm (Sun 9th)

    Round 5- Sun 16th June
    Clare vs Cork- Cusack Park 2pm
    Tipp vs Limerick- Thurles 2pm

    Final- Sun 30th June 2pm Venue TBC

    Leinster

    Round 1- Sat 11th//Sun 12th May
    Kilkenny vs Dublin- Nowlan Park 7pm (Sat 11th)
    Galway vs Carlow- Pearse Stadium 3pm (Sun 12th)

    Round 2- Sun 19th May
    Carlow vs Kilkenny- Netwatch Cullen Park 3pm
    Dublin vs Wexford- Parnell Park 3pm

    Round 3- Sun 26th May/Sun 2nd June
    Galway vs Wexford- Pearse Stadium 4pm (Sun 26th May)
    Carlow vs Dublin- Netwatch Cullen Park 3pm (Sun 2nd June)

    Round 4- Sat 8th/Sun 9th June
    Wexford vs Carlow- Wexford Park 7pm (Sat 8th June)
    Kilkenny vs Galway- Nowlan Park 2pm (Sun 9th June)

    Round 5- Sat 15th June
    Dublin vs Galway- Parnell Park 7pm
    Wexford vs Kilkenny- Wexford Park 7pm

    Final- Sun 30th June Croke Park 4pm

    All Ireland

    Sat 6th/Sun 7th July
    All-Ireland SHC preliminary quarter-finals
    Joe McDonagh Cup winner v Leinster 3rd placed team
    Joe McDonagh Cup runner-up v Munster 3rd placed team

    Sat 13th/Sun 14th July
    All-Ireland SHC quarter-finals
    Leinster runner-up v Joe McDonagh Cup runner-up or Munster group 3rd placed team
    Munster runner-up v Joe McDonagh Cup winner or Leinster group 3rd placed team

    Sat 28th/Sun 29th July
    All-Ireland SHC semi-final
    Provincial winner v quarter-final winner- Croke Park
    Provincial winner v quarter-final winner- Croke Park

    Sun 18th Aug
    All Ireland Senior Final- Croke Park 3.30pm

    Munster Leinster

    Limerick 8 Galway 8
    Waterford 6 Kilkenny 4
    Clare 4 Dublin 4
    Tipperary 2 Wexford 4
    Cork 0 Carlow 0

    Preliminary Quarters : Dublin Vs Laois
    Clare Vs Westmeath

    Quarters : Dublin Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Kilkenny

    Semis : Galway Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Limerick

    Final : Limerick Vs Waterford

    Controversial...haha


  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭ puzl


    Well that's my daydreams sorted for the next 6 months.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭ tipp_tipp_tipp


    When do munster championship tickets go on sale lads?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭ big_drive


    Munster Leinster

    Limerick 8 Galway 8
    Waterford 6 Kilkenny 4
    Clare 4 Dublin 4
    Tipperary 2 Wexford 4
    Cork 0 Carlow 0

    Preliminary Quarters : Dublin Vs Laois
    Clare Vs Westmeath

    Quarters : Dublin Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Kilkenny

    Semis : Galway Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Limerick

    Final : Limerick Vs Waterford

    Controversial...haha

    Would agree with a lot of it expect Cork won't be finishing bottom in Munster thats for sure


  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭ puzl


    Cork have a tough draw this year with Clare and Limerick away. Cork vs Tipp is a home game but I think there's so much history between them that home advantage isn't a huge factor. They play Waterford in PuC on Waterford's last game of the Munster championship.

    I don't expect them to beat either Clare of Limerick away. Not even Limerick could beat Clare in Ennis last year.

    Munster is so difficult to predict. You could pick any team and see a reasonable way in which they win Munster and also see a reasonable way in which they finish on 0 or 2 points.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭ Joe_ Public


    Munster Leinster

    Limerick 8 Galway 8
    Waterford 6 Kilkenny 4
    Clare 4 Dublin 4
    Tipperary 2 Wexford 4
    Cork 0 Carlow 0

    Preliminary Quarters : Dublin Vs Laois
    Clare Vs Westmeath

    Quarters : Dublin Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Kilkenny

    Semis : Galway Vs Waterford
    Clare Vs Limerick

    Final : Limerick Vs Waterford

    Controversial...haha

    When i looked at that first i thought the championship was now being played off by penalty shoot outs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭ big_drive


    I think Limerick & Cork will cruise through Munster and the other 3 will have a battle to pick up last position


    I'd go:
    Munster- Limerick, Cork, Clare
    Leinster- Galway, Kilkenny, Dublin


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ RayVaughan1984


    When i looked at that first i thought the championship was now being played off by penalty shoot outs.

    Hahah,sorry its a bit of a minefield


  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭ caddy16


    big_drive wrote: »
    I think Limerick & Cork will cruise through Munster and the other 3 will have a battle to pick up last position


    I'd go:
    Munster- Limerick, Cork, Clare
    Leinster- Galway, Kilkenny, Dublin

    I don't think anyone will cruise through Munster but beyond me how anyone would think Cork will.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭ big_drive


    caddy16 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will cruise through Munster but beyond me how anyone would think Cork will.

    Cork have won the last 2 Munsters with a limited panel and should have made the All Ireland final last year, now have a stronger panel so shouldn't have much trouble getting into top 3. Winning Munster wouldn't be a certainty though and they might be better off not winning it and going a different route this year


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭ Edgware


    RMAOK wrote: »
    They still have the Munster and Leinster finals on the one day :rolleyes:
    Its important to get that oul hurling out of the way so that the football can take over for the rest of the Summer


  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ lim4ev


    caddy16 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will cruise through Munster but beyond me how anyone would think Cork will.

    I'm one of the ones expecting a big yr from cork, i hope ur right


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭ threeball


    lim4ev wrote: »
    I'm one of the ones expecting a big yr from cork, i hope ur right

    There's been nothing so far this year to indicate that it's going to be a good one. Not likely that they can just switch it on in a matter of 4 weeks. People were saying the same of Mayo in the football last year and they didn't even make the super 8s who turned out to be not so super. The hurling is a shark tank in comparison


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭ nice_guy80


    threeball wrote: »
    There's been nothing so far this year to indicate that it's going to be a good one. Not likely that they can just switch it on in a matter of 4 weeks. People were saying the same of Mayo in the football last year and they didn't even make the super 8s who turned out to be not so super. The hurling is a shark tank in comparison

    No hurling team gets to play all their games at home though, including knockout games.
    For the last 10 years!

    I think the football will be more competitive this year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭ Edgware


    threeball wrote: »
    There's been nothing so far this year to indicate that it's going to be a good one. Not likely that they can just switch it on in a matter of 4 weeks. People were saying the same of Mayo in the football last year and they didn't even make the super 8s who turned out to be not so super. The hurling is a shark tank in comparison
    As Christy Ring used say when people doubted Cork because of league form " Wait till the cuckoo comes"


  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭ puzl


    Ah lads please don't let this thread turn into a pissing contest.

    Munster is a mine field. Cork are going for three in a row. You can list any three teams to progress and it wouldn't be outlandish. Limerick is the only team I would bet on qualifying but I also wouldn't be shocked if they didn't go through.

    Championship form will change everything. Neither league finalist contested an all Ireland semi final last year and one of them didn't even get out of their provence. Cork were in the 1A relegation playoff and went on to win Munster and got very close to winning a semi.

    One thing is certain: every team in Munster has a plan to win it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    Hate this new structure tbh

    In Leisnter KK, Dub, Wex and Gal have a guaranteed win against Carlow and the Mcdonagh Cup champs other years (no disrespect but there not at the level of the rest and could never be sadly). Munster is dog eat dog

    Unlike the old system you dont get a chance too play another team from another province unless you finish top 3. The old system at least gave u that chance


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭ RMAOK


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hate this new structure tbh

    In Leisnter KK, Dub, Wex and Gal have a guaranteed win against Carlow and the Mcdonagh Cup champs other years (no disrespect but there not at the level of the rest and could never be sadly). Munster is dog eat dog

    But there's no spectre of relegation hanging over the 5 munster teams........


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    RMAOK wrote: »
    But there's no spectre of relegation hanging over the 5 munster teams........

    Be grand if there was you could get away from that minefield

    Will never happen as the Munster council would have uproar

    I'd play off the Munster and Leinster with 5 teams in each as a knockout with it determining seeds for an All Ireland grp stage

    Grp 1
    Leinster champs
    Munster Runners up
    Munster semi final loser
    Leinster semi final loser
    Munster QF loser

    Grp 2
    Munster champs
    Leinster runners up
    Munster semi final loser
    Leinster semi final loser
    Leinster QF loser

    Top team in each go too AI semi finals
    All Ire QFs- 2nd Grp 1 vs 3rd Grp 2 and 3rd Grp 1 vs 2nd Grp 2


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ I says


    RMAOK wrote: »
    But there's no spectre of relegation hanging over the 5 munster teams........

    Rightly so if any Munster team was relegated the would cruise thru to the AI final and win it as the standard down there at the moment is plenty high enough.
    The game isn’t far of a champions league type groups with winners and runners up in each group to AI semis. Have a relegation playoff with bottom teams in each group, losers go down and champs of 2nd tier comp promoted.
    Anyways limerick ahead of the pack but the grass gets long during the summer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ rebelyell99


    Limerick deserve to be favourites but I wouldn't say there so far ahead that there going to dominate , the intensity will be different in summer and let's not forget they were on the ropes a few times last year Cork and Kilkenny could have both taken them out.Personally I don't think they will win it , I'm expecting a big year from Tipp.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    Only 4 weeks to go til the opening weekend

    Limerick for Munster
    Wexford for Leinster

    All Ireland final will be Limerick vs Tipp with Limerick winning


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭ Road-Hog


    Cork all the way, they will do their 3 in a row in Munster and Win all Ireland too.....their classy and nippy forwards will run riot through all defenses even limericks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭ lim4ev


    I'd be surprised if tipp do it but could be wrong limerick or cork for me


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭ C__MC


    Big year for Wexford, Leinster is wide open

    I’m expecting Dublin to knock out one of the other 3


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭ Bonniedog


    Leinster will be competitive. Top three apart from Galway by no means certain, and will have to see them to determine how absence of Canning will impact. Not so much as 5/6 years ago when it would have been total disaster.

    Fancy Dublin to reach Leinster final, but probably not win it. That would be reasonable progress for first year of MK. A lot will depend on how the bodies are after a series of injuries.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭ conor05


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only 4 weeks to go til the opening weekend

    Limerick for Munster
    Wexford for Leinster

    All Ireland final will be Limerick vs Tipp with Limerick winning

    If Wexford can keep Lee Chin, Rory O Connor and Conor McDonald injury free I am going to put them down for the Leinster crown too, it’s **** or bust this year for Davy under them with no champ silverware so far he will go all out.

    I am going to go for a Tipp Munster win. Brendan Maher back will be a huge asset.


Advertisement