Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

I am starting to think watching other people using VR will never not be funny. My 10 year old son in Gorrila tag looks like a complete lunatic.

Not messed much with it myself. My girlfriends got the job of trying out a host of free games just to pre vet them for suitability for the kids. There is a basketball game that is just hilarious to watch them play.

Not sure what to invest in for our first actually paid for game. Into the Radius was made sound very good above so that is tempting. Back when I used to have more time for computer games I also liked Assasains Creed games a lot - though I know the people who hate them really hate them :) Was the AC game made for VR any good at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

Best single player game on standalone headset for me is Resident Evil 4. Its long but never boring, weapon play and mechanics are excellent, non stop action and wickedly addictive.

Havent played the Assassin's Creed game but a few have commented on it here. I think @mrcheez enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Definitely recommend Resident Evil 4. I never played the original so even as a non-fan I loved it.

Assassin's Creed game is excellent, very polished.

Only played a bit of Into the Radius, but that too is looking very nice

recommendation on the first two… though I'll always secretly love a certain bow and arrow game the most 😜

New Walkabout Mini Golf course out Thursday.

Set in Venice from the new passport series of courses. Looks to be relaxation / serene themed along the lines of Gardens Of Babylon or Shangri-La. Ive every dlc course so far. They're all excellent.

Anyone using quest games optimiser?

1 of our quest 2 headsets is out of 2 year warranty so wana give it a go unless anyone has had any issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Playing through my backlog yesterday and came upon a game I didn't know I had (not sure if it was a Quest + freebie?) called Espire 1: VR Operative

After playing through about 10 games I considered blurry or boring tosh, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the polish and graphics on this one, and the feeling of immersion climbing around the building felt very good. I ended up playing it till 2am, despite only intending to try it for 30 mins or so.

There's an Espire 2 so perhaps I got Espire 1 as a freebie because of that?

Also tried Floor Plan 2 (which was a Quest + freebie), which has absolutely stunning clarity on Meta Quest 3… might be down to the art style, but I'd consider it console-quality visually. As for the game, it's "different" anyway, not sure it's my cup o tea 😁

Advertisement