Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Beat Saber with Daft Punk is excellent... finally some music I actually like 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭jj880

A good line up of daft punk tracks on that. Sometimes beat saber music packs dont have the best songs.

The graphics are pretty cool too, with the two floating helmets with the lyrics showing.

They should show lyrics more often tbh

Tried Max Mustard last night.. it's a total rip of Astro Bot, then even have the same issue where you can't walk backwards once you've passed a section.

Doesn't have the "magic" of Astro Bot though... that game had me smiling non stop till my cheeks hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

Started it myself last night. Feels like the graphics could be better for the Quest 3, so hopefully that gets addressed. I like the idea of the jet boots and the ability to control how high you can go. Agree about Astro Bot, but even if they were to release a sequel, I can't imagine it would have the same impact on me as the original had. Seeing it for the first time and realizing the potential of VR was a real moment that's unlikely to be recreated again... for me, anyway!

• Advertisement

Quest 2 128gb now available for 213.48 delivered from Very.ie

Used code VTQ63 for 10% off when checking out 👍

https://www.very.ie/meta-quest-meta-quest-2-128gb-all-in-one-vr-headset/1600642464.prd

I'll add to bargain alert thread 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Been a while since a PCVR / Steam bargain has been posted! Nice offering from Humble Bundle that ends in 15 days.

If anyone wants a spare key for After The Fall: Deluxe Edition PM me.

Did not realise it was already in my steam library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I have a Quest which is going EOL in August. The price difference between the Quest 2 and Quest 3 is….substantial. Is it worth getting the Quest 3 given the current price of the Quest 2?

Can you still play a lot of games on Quest 1?

If so Id be waiting until August and keeping an eye on Quest 3 deals. I think you'll be able to pick up a Quest 2 for 200 euro (maybe less) soon so that could always be your backup plan.

If Quest 3 drops to around 450 or less before then Id try to go Quest 3. You've done well to hold out and now you can skip a gen if you want to. Thats not a bad idea 🤔😆.

We just got a 2nd Quest 2 in our house. Its great. We're lashing away at multiplayer WMG and Eleven Table Tennis at the moment with the cast running. Great fun.

The Q3 is about a quadruple jump in quality from the Q2 in my experience. Feels like VR has finally "come home" when using it. Feels more premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Can still play games but Meta are stopping new games from being released on it (end of April) and then stopping any OS updates (end of August).

Good shout about hanging on for deals on Quest 3.

Mixed reality MiRacle Pool with 2 headsets in the same room is really cool. Great craic and I like that they just let you rack whatever game you want and its up to both players to call the rules / fouls. We were pushing each other around towards the end 😆.

Cant believe its still free on AppLab. Grab it here:

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/experiences/5796340207136099/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Was just gifted a MQ2 from someone who upgraded themselves to the 3 and decided to donate me their 2.

Done the basic setup now. Will probably explore a few of the Free Games for awhile before I do any actual purchashing or looking into the MQ+ subscription. Mostly aimed at my 10 year old son. Not many people in my house otherwise all that interested in it. So be mostly orientated around him.

A very brief look at the subscription seemed to suggest there was 2 monthly games on rotation and then only 14 other games in the general "Free catalog"? Or did I misread that?

If I do go for the MQ+ at any point, I will check the "referal link" threads first of course.

Ah, the referral is for setting up a headset rather than signing up to MQ+

But not sure a 2nd hand headset qualifies unfortunately :(

You are correct about meta+. The free month trial is a good offer to get a look at some of the catalogue games before buying.

On normal free trials of individual games I think if you do the free trial trial you pay full price afterwards if you want to buy even if the game is on sale. Maybe someone can confirm if thats still the case. It was a while back anyway.

Quest 3 pass through improvements in V64.

Rolling out over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

factory reset your MQ2 and accept a referal link from whoever is next in the thread, you will get €30 credit when. Worth the hassle of having to set the Quest up again.

Is it definitely not tied to the headset (i.e. is it not just one referral per headset)? In that case one could repeatedly create several new Meta accounts to get a few €30 credits for their same headset if they really wanted.

You can then gift the 30 to your main account

I was surprised how quickly the factory reset happens. Took about 10 minutes including the OS update. Was good to get everything cleared out also 👍. Might do it once every 6 months / year from now on. My broadband is good though so that would help. OS / games re-download in minutes.

Post edited by jj880 on

Seen many recommendations for Into The Radius on reddit, and YouTube reviews seem to rate it in the top 10.

Anyone tried it here? Heard it's a huge game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭paulie13

Oh yes. I can't emphasize enough how much I loved this game. Fantastic immersion, from the loading and cleaning of guns, to the way you have to open a can of food with your hands and use your knife to eat. The "preparation" for a mission is almost a game in itself! Would happily play it forever. Took me around 25hours if memory serves. Can't wait for the sequal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Good question, I don't know the answer to that.

Edit: UK Mainland only 😓 suppose you could use Address pal with additional Fees.

Official Quest 2 Elite strap with battery half price / 53 euro:.

Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery

Tried Max Mustard out again last night, apparently had a 51% resolution increase 19 days ago on Quest 3.

It's absolutely phenomenal looking now. A direct copy of PS4 Pro Astro Bot visually with very sharp visuals!

Watched a few reviews. Consensus seems to be its very good but lacking a spark.

Astrobot Rescue Mission really is an impossible act to follow for games like this. Hopefully some fine day a game will appear that's as good.

yep it's not as good gameplay wise, just that the visuals are great. Shows what can be achieved when they use the Q3 to the fullest.

Tested out the new "Lying down mode" last night with Tetris Effect and it's really cool, though you still need the lights on in the bedroom for tracking as Tetris Effect doesn't work in 3DoF mode for some bizarre reason.

Lying down on my Elite Strap wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but prob better with a strap with no rear plastic sticking out.

Must try that. I have some power banks and magnetic cables that would be handy for it. Always meant to go back to Tetris Effect. Got about half way through the single player campaign. Its so relaxing.

• Advertisement

I completed it on PS4 (flat … the VR version looked crap on my PS4 Slim). It's a bit fiddly using the native Quest controllers so I'd suggest pairing with a bluetooth gamepad if you plan on getting near the end of the campaign.

The final level is pure insanity.

Advertisement