Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Doge

Did you see that one on HotUKDeals? 😀

I snagged it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭jj880

Yup Id say thats where I get at least 50% of deals I end up buying. Shame there isnt a similar site for here. Unless there is and I dont know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

maybe not... haven't updated apps in a few months

Always assumed Google Play just automatically updates apps, like Meta do

The bargain alerts sub forum is probably the closest thing.

Asgards Wrath II get's 10 / 10 on IGN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Nice, this came free with my Quest 3 so I'm looking forward to playing this after Christmas, once the kids get fed up with Gorilla Tag.

You might get lucky and they get banned.

They have player vote banning with a screen in each area players can report other players with.

My son got 1 week, then 2 weeks, then 4 weeks! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This is supposed to be coming out today yeah? Anyone else got it yet? Presumably it'll just 'drop in your inbox' if you bought a Quest 3?

I see pics of people already downloading on Facebook. Do a search in the store. 31gb download.

3pm today... and here's me with 7GB storage space left on my Quest 3.. bad timing :(

• Advertisement

First game at 60 euro I believe. Some MR at the moment for Quest 3 with GFX upgrades coming early 2024.

Edit: initial reviews are excellent. Best standalone VR so far and similar. The only negative reviews are mostly complaints about the game running the same on Quest 2 and 3. Bit unfair since full Quest 3 upgrade coming early 2024.

Be interesting to hear what Quest 3 owners on here think about the game.

Post edited by jj880 on

Finally finished Vertigo 2 this evening. Epic game. 35 hours of gameplay so far. Took my time exploring to see what I could find and wasn't disappointed. Will do a game+ play through over Christmas as there are cool extras unlocked. Plot is a bit bonkers at times and a few spikes in difficulty caught me off guard but overall its excellent. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Grabbed this in Currys the other day and thought it was a bargain: https://www.currys.ie/products/adx-avrcpl23-meta-quest-2-eva-carrying-case-grey-10240960.html

Asgard's Wrath 2 performance bump game update out today for Quest 3 users:

Old pre-update read-outs were:

1622 x 1759 (default for Q3 apps) @ 72hz.

So going from

1622 x 1759 to 2163 x 2288 is ~1.3 super sampling multiplier.

A good resolution bump.

And one can tell the resolution difference. The resolution can be changed in settings on the fly.

Other reddit users saying there's a frame rate bump to 90hz also.

Have to say I'm loving the resolution of Q3 for watching movies in SkyboxVR.

I'm currently getting through some of my 15GB 2D movies and watching them in the IMAX theatre and able to control the lot easily just using my hands.

It literally feels like I'm in an IMAX as my couch is similar dimensions. Also using my Sennheiser headphones to complete the effect.

For 3D I'd really be looking at min of 25GB or more... waiting on a copy of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 to pop up at that size on torrent sites (there's an 8GB version up there which is pretty unwatchable due to artifacts)

Really comfortable with the Elite strap too... no weight on front of face and I can even lay my head back on the cushion without anything pressing me forward.

Yeah I way underestimated, thought the 128GB would easily accommodate my limited library but I've had to uninstall nearly everything else just to make room for Asgard's Wrath, Lego Bricktales and Ghostbusters...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I have not ever tried watching movies on mine (Q2), but would it not be possible to stream movies from a PC to save on the headset storage?

Yeah SkyBox VR works very well for that with a shared PC folder. I think Bigscreen can do similar.

Just had a thought. Can Virtual Desktop do the same? Its so customisable it should in theory be the best for PC to headset movies...

You can indeed.. I just don't ever link to my PC nowadays.. it's nice to have the headset ready to go within a couple of seconds when I get the chance to use it

You can use VD for movies both stored on PC and even directly on the headset, but I've found SkyBox VR to be the VLC Media Player of the Quest.

Anything you throw at it just works and the hand tracking interface is sublime and 0 effort.

Also I like the cinema environments in SkyBox VR a bit more. The IMAX one is perfect for movies.

VD has great "small room" environments like a home cinema or an apartment.

I also found VD didn't play the audio on some of the movies I had and also stuttered a bit.

• Advertisement

I didn't know that skybox had hand tracking support. Must give it a go again. The resolution of the quest 3 is much better for bigscreen too, no more aliasing with the text.

Yeah it's really nice.. and they have this feature where you can open an internal menu from the hand and reset screen position etc

This has me psyched to see the footie on Q3 but I'm having problems logging in to Sky Worlds...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So as someone who know very little about VR sets (other than them not working on me because of my post-cataract eyesight), are there any major issues with the Quest 3, essential tips or accessories to grab?

I have an ask for one of these for Xmas so just trying to be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Am I correct in thinking that Xbox Gamepass is now available with V60 software release?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

Jaws on the Q2 Captain Quint scene on the boat retelling his story of the tiger shark attack is unreal, the Q2' audio is a bit crap but you can work around it with headphones. Robert Shaw every look and nuance he knew this was for the biiig screen. It's amazing on the Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've only spent the last few hrs with one. Was using my quest 2 until last night.

Straight off the bat it's a big upgrade in clarity. You don't need to really readjust it, the screens just clear. Movies and TV look great.

The 2 things that suck are the battery life (in fairness it was probably time to take it off anyway but I wasn't playing any demanding games) and the head strap isn't comfortable but you do forget about it after a while. I've ordered some adapter's from a chap on adverts for €10 so I can fit my kiwi design battery strap from the quest 2 onto the quest 3.

Not sure if yours is bought yet but there's a guy on adverts with a few, I gave €590 for the 512gb and it came with the 6mts free quest plus and Asgard's Wrath 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Happy to report that, yes! I was correct and native Gamepass is no live on Q2 😁

Bought HL Alyx as on sale (20 euro). Wasnt expecting it to run at all with 4gb GTX 970 but it does!!! 😍 Runs really smooth. Amazing looking game. Thats the Christmas holidays sorted in VR!

Edit: Stunning game. Its going to ruin everything else for me. I did try the HL2 mod before but that has nothing on this. Cant wait to pick it up again tomorrow.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Folks is there any way we could get some kinda monthly competition going. Maybe €2 or €5 a head. Best player takes the pot at the end of the month.

Haven't played it in ages but it's free on meta + at the moment "Thrill of the Fight"

Let's have a competition running from January 1st for the month.

Not sure how it would work to determine the winner but you get the drift and it's probably a great January game to loose some of that 4th serving of pudding you should have said no to.

Advertisement