Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

In Death had a Meta Quest 3 update.

My favourite VR game of all time (initially in its Rift incarnation, but then I grew to love the Quest version despite the short shard throwing distance).

It's just beautiful now. Ultra sharp, PCVR quality. The draw distance is incredible. Even the stained glass windows have a lovely 3D texture on them now.

Ended up playing from 11pm to 2am last night. Great shoulder workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Got this 6 months ago but haven't played. Ive heard many say similar. All time favourite game.

Must get into it. Currently finishing up a really good Portal 2 mod. Will play In Death next for sure.

It's the most natural feeling bow and arrow game... just "feels real" ... apart from all the demons obvs.

Nailing a headshot from a distance feels really good.. feels like you earned it

Watched last night. No mention of VR at all!

Saw the Oculus logo for about 3 seconds before these merged to form the Meta logo 😆.

Average documentary really. Message was basically: "Zuck has too much power for 1 person"

Damn. First game Ive seen for Quest 3 only. Townsmen VR. Also on SteamVR so hopefully most Quest 3 only titles will be PCVR too as they would be closer in gfx than Quest 2 v PCVR.

• Advertisement

Gave Bulletstorm VR a go yesterday for an hour... it's rough, really rough. Reminded me of a bad Oculus Go game in fact.

Had to refund unfortunately... interesting that when paying with store credit, the refund was instant

This is 90% off in SteamVR. Down to 3 euro. Won 5 gaming baftas apparently.

Anyone played it?

I've had it for about 3 years and it's on my TODO list :(

Just in case anyone thinking bout buying a battery strap. Maybe worth holding off to see what bobovr reveal.

I'm thinkin this was what they were talking about a while back when they stated they were working on a new higher power battery pack for quest 3.

Edit: Id say the new battery pack will be available to buy separately and be compatible with previous straps.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Paradiddle is on sale for the next few days (now €16.99, down from €19.99).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Ah, I only just went with a new strap a couple of days ago. Went for the Aubika bundle. Needed a case too and the bundle seemed decent enough value. New strap is so much more comfortable anyways.

Thats some spec and feature list. 10,000mah battery pack not backward compatible. Its look amazing though.

119 euro

Dayum.

Anyone tried the 3DS emulator?

I never had a 3DS (stopped at the DS Lite), but Mario Kart 7 looks amazing.. and the 3D effect is supposed to be great too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

There's an upgrade kit for the m2 straps too coming.

I missed that. Excellent. Thought theyd have to do something for the M straps or a lot of those who recently bought wouldn't be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

On battery straps, I got the KiwiDesign battery strap for my Quest 3. It is brilliant, I highly recommend for anyone. I use it for playing Asgard sitting and my son has been using it playing Gorilla Tag, standing and jumping around like a maniac.

Very comfortable and it at least doubles the play time. I have put in 2 hour sessions on Asgard 2 with little to no discomfort. I could barely get an hour with the default strap.

My Nabalch case for the quest 3 came this week from AliExpress and it seems great quality was very well packed too. It has lovely soft plush fabric on the inside, and fits the controllers and headset like a glove. It also holds 2 AA batteries.

In the 2nd pic you can see it holds a lot of stuff in the upper pocket too and most importantly of all, fits the BOBOVR M2 Halo Strap!

It's not as huge as I was expecting compared to the Rift S case I used for the quest 2, but it's pretty high so can fit a lot of stuff in upper half.

It's sold on temu here for €26:

https://share.temu.com/dPNMKPeWtsA

And heres the AliExpress seller I bought it from:

I've never used temu, you have to select a seller is it?

Or are you just saying that you can buy it on Temu or AliExpress?

Temu has much faster delivery and will credit your account with a fiver if you don't get your package within about 2 weeks I think.

It's the same as AliExpress in that different sellers have stores you can buy from.

They will combine the package too if you order items from different sellers in a certain time frame.

If you go to the support chat bot and type "can I have a voucher" and send it about 3 times in a row they will send 20% off voucher in the next few hours.you will receive it by email.

I'd recommend it over AliExpress in that you should receive it quicker.

They use anpost, fastway and GLS I think. Some people are having delays with fastway at the moment though.

Ah right haven't used either Temu or Aliexpress

I guess it would be like Amazon where u can select alternate sources to buy a product from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

When buying games do you check the update history to see if the game is being updated regularly enough or abandoned? I was put off a few games in the latest sale after checking version history

Would usually look at a few of the latest reviews. If no major issues would still give the game / app a go. Can always refund.

Seeing reports this morning Team Beef ports will now appear in latest Virtual Desktop version.

I havent any installed myself yet but will definitely try a few now.

True story. 🤣

For anyone into flying games 90% off code available for Flight 74. Not sure for how long.

Game:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/4939588089476517/?utm_source=oculus&utm_medium=share

Code: FLY90-C69323

Good reviews on Quest store.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just clicked the link there on my phone and it came up as €19.99. Saw it was advertised as half price. Threw code in and came to €2.00. Can’t go wrong for €2 so followed it through. Thanks OP.

will load it up over the weekend to give it a go

I gave this a go earlier. It's grand for €2. I haven't played a flying game before so it's new to me. Definitely times where my brain/stomach isn't sure what's happening.

Haven't played it. Not really into flying games. It was posted in a Facebook group and a few said it was a bargain. I always take a look at a YouTube review before buying any game. Even a game at 2 euro 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

that looks like it is still on offer

one thing I meant to say was that the offer states half price and shows a code on the website..... it's a slightly different code to what @jj880 posted above though. I only used jj's code, so not sure if the one on the website will only give half price so just to beware if anyone is looking

Advertisement