Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ah I went through my sweating in vr phase before on the psvr. The cleanup after was hassle so I don't do sweaty games now and just rely on the morning cycle for fitness 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ahh an auld trill of the Fight league couldn't hurt much. Not suggesting it cause I think I'll win, just a bit of crack and it might extend a few us auld lads life expectancy. It's a decent workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

I think some co-op multiplayer would be great. We should try and organise something over the Christmas holidays.

Me and 2 friends are going to play Project Terminus soon.

2 of us already completed the first act, but we'll be going through it again and then onto the 2 final acts.

Room for 1 more if anyone is interested. All 3 acts are included in the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Fyi 2 game referrals waiting for anyone who owns Ironman or Until You Fall.

Check here:

3 great Walkabout Mini Golf DLC courses discounted to 99c.

• Advertisement

20,000 is great

Yeah 20,000 course design is top drawer. Atmosphere great too.

Ive a soft spot for Shangri-La. Its calming.

UpsideTown seems to be hit and miss with players. People with neck issues dont like putting on the roof. I like the minimalism of it and the physics.

I have them all. The latest course is mad. Meow Wolf has all kinds of trippy stuff thrown in. Need to get a few more rounds to make my mind up about it.

The Halloween one is my favourite

Happy Xmas to all...see ye in the Meta verse (copyright Meta lol)

Merry Christmas to 1 and all! May all your virtual dreams come true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Happy Xmas all!

The Quest Games Optimizer app is 20% off at the mo (only on sale for a day or two I think).

It was originally gonna add on a few dollars for VAT, but I used a VPN and had the location as Alaska (0% tax) to get it for $8 with Revolut.

https://anagan79.itch.io/quest-games-optimizer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

looking for help please

have gotten meta quest 2 set up

have a game called dance dash, it has a couple of wrist bands or something and a card with code on it ( I think it was linked on the amazon bargain thread)

it tells me to go to store.steampowered.com and register account there which I have done

then it says add game, but there is no button to add game?? so I can't even get to the next step to activate the product key

Dont have Steam handy here at the moment but from what I remember you go to the Store section along the top and on that page there should be an "Activate A Product Code" box you can put the game key into. These are PCVR games that run on the PC and get streamed to the Quest headset.

The handiest way to hook up to your PC to play it would be to install Steam Link on the Quest headset. Its free from the Meta store here:

You need a PC with good graphics card. Also Id recommend having your PC cabled to your router. Router must be at least AC wifi-5 spec.

The other option is to get a USB link cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks.

might have a problem there as I run a Mac and don’t have a decent pc or laptop

will look more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm debating selling my Quest 2 and buying a Quest 3. I don't use mine heavily, primarily use it for flight Sims and when I bought it, I focused on just that aspect so was happy enough to buy a 64gb headset.

As time has passed, games like sniper elite and Pavlov have grabbed me and the annoyance of needing to delete a game/app to install something new is starting to grate a little.

It's a real pity that there isn't an easy path to upgrading the ROM.

It's possible, but apart from 1 or 2 lads over on the arcade & retro forum who probably have the skill to do this?

It's very much not an end user upgradeable device. Which is IMO a huge pity, as apart from the storage limitations it is a decent PCVR headset and if the storage could be more easily addressed? It would make a dent in e-waste but shur, no doubt for meta it's unit sales that count not long term usability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Can anyone recommend a good Head strap for the Quest 2?

Looking into this one at the moment, but any other recommendations are welcome (Prime price is cheaper than listed price).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOBOVR-C2-Comb-Package-Compatible/dp/B09YRPQQMH/?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a boboVR M2 pro head strap and I think it's great. Far more comfortable than stock, allows better balance and with the battery lots of extra time playing too. I particularly like that the strap adjustment allows a very secure but comfortable fit.

The other option I like to recommend as a first add on is this:

You might find you dont play for 2+ hours and dont need a battery strap like me. I have this for Quest 2. It doesnt look like much but its really good. Spreads pressure on back of the head and keep headset in place. Then if you find you need extra batteries later get the bobovr.

I see it has a prime price of £6.45. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Careful as above is only replacement for the back strap.. the whole thing is here..

KIWI design Head Strap Accessories Compatible with Quest 2, Elite Strap Replacement for Enhanced Support and Comfort in VR https://amzn.eu/d/gl4GDNf

Bought it myself before Christmas and recommend it!

Yeah its just a cheap starter addon. Take off the original stock strap. Thread it through the addon then reconnect the stock strap.

Wouldnt expect much more for £6.45 😆

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the recommendations. The main thing I'm looking to improve is stability on the face and the pressure off the forehead and nose.

Also to stop the quest from dropping on the face.

One other thing is it will be used by Adults and Kids so not sure how easy/hard it is to readjust between each person?

These seem to be the options now.

Ill be using Prime prices, as soon as I find an account with a free trial, or a week for €1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bulletstorm looks good alright... hopefully it will live up to the hype. Quite surprised so many have lived up to the hype already like Asgard's Wrath 2 and Assassin's Creed.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭maik3n

It may well have been asked before but is there any way to wirelessly access your files on a QUEST 2 from PC?

Rather than have to faff about with the usb cable, is there even some kind of app that would allow you to ftp into the quest?

Haven't tried it yet but I believe the answer is in the link below, for wifi connection. Something I'll be trying out myself a bit later.

https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/connect-with-air-link/

I remember reading about sideloading an FTP server apk to the headset through sidequest. After that you could just run an ftp client like FileZilla on PC to access Quest files. Bit of a faff but haven't heard of any other way so far.

Pretty early on I sideloaded an FX File Explorer apk through Sidequest. After that I didnt need to connect to sidequest every time I wanted to sideload an apk. Could just download it then grab it in FX and install. This has reminded me I must try my IPTV mobile app on my headset. Been meaning to do that for a while to see how it runs.

Edit: heres someone on reddit with a guide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/s/ujGHRoXXWu

Anyone else having trouble with mobile auth lately? Not able to log into the app due to not receiving any SMS codes since yesterday morning.

This is now available 50% off (5.30) and 2 for the price of 1.

Not sure if anyone needs 2, but it's free.

Still undecided myself in this simple one, or just go all out now on the halo version.

There was an app update last night, not sure it it is related, but maybe check you up to date, or if this update has caused an issue?

• Advertisement

Advertisement