Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

km79 wrote: »
    I Think we will win that ......

It should keep them honest.
    They won't get away with what they got away with in the last ten minutes against Armagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jr86 wrote: »
    It's the worst draw we could have gotten despite Galway's issues. Well and truly have the Indian sign over us in recent years. I'd expect Burke and whoever features out of Cummins, laoi, farragher or whoever, to cause chaos for the full back line. Conroy and Comer could make appearances at some point too

Not only that but away to Kerry first round of super 8s if get through

But can only get on with it now.

We've a great record down in Kerry, nothing to fear there if we get that far.
    Kerry will be stone cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll set it for the Hyde.

Is there any other alternative?? Unless Mayo Galway agree to stick to home / away agreement but I doubt that will happen. Tullamore an option maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

In hindsight it is the worst possible draw
    Nothing like a game against a wounded mayo team to get galway to regroup

And then there is the super 8 and semi route
    Not
    Good

In hindsight it is the worst possible draw
    Nothing like a game against a wounded mayo team to get galway to regroup

And then there is the super 8 and semi route
    Not
    Good

Really don't understand the pessimism from Mayo fans here. Galway are not going well this year. I wouldn't be confident of beating Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Really don't understand the pessimism from Mayo fans here. Galway are not going well this year. I wouldn't be confident of beating Mayo.

As opposed to Meath, Cavan and Cork?

Cmon Galway have won the last 3 in a row in champ between the sides and 2 league games. They made a semi last year while the other 3 opponents were not even in super 8s

It's clear as day it's the worst draw even if it's still winnable. They'll be far tighter at the back than armagh and won't miss those goal chances

It’s the worst possible draw for many reasons !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Have you not seen our ever increasing injury list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yeah, have to say with everything we’re carrying it’ll be extremely difficult for us , but they have our support. Cork will get into the Super 8s if they best Laois so that’s Limerick & Laois - it’s such a dumb system

Barlett wrote: »
    Yeah, have to say with everything we’re carrying it’ll be extremely difficult for us , but they have our support. Cork will get into the Super 8s if they best Laois so that’s Limerick & Laois - it’s such a dumb system

Yeah provincial system not fit for purpose at all

In fairness we could beat new York then Leitrim in theory but lose to Galway in final - then beat someone like Laois

Ulster will never have a potential easy route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I think Cork would have been the worst draw with Galway second. I think Cork are better than people make out and we are always working really hard for a win against them.

I think if we defeat Galway, it will be a great confidence boost going into the Super 8s, so it may not be the worst draw if we can get over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

If RTÉ have first preference it’ll be on Sunday at 2 I’d say

As opposed to Meath, Cavan and Cork?

Cmon Galway have won the last 3 in a row in champ between the sides and 2 league games. They made a semi last year while the other 3 opponents were not even in super 8s

It's clear as day it's the worst draw even if it's still winnable. They'll be far tighter at the back than armagh and won't miss those goal chances

True, I wasn't really comparing to the other teams. On other hand, if Mayo aren't good enough to beat this Galway team this year, you've no business being in the super 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Blud

Is Croker on Sunday a definite no when Westlife play there Saturday night?

If any possibility of it, could see a double header with Ulster teams Sunday?

I think Cork would have been the worst draw with Galway second. I think Cork are better than people make out and we are always working really hard for a win against them.

I think if we defeat Galway, it will be a great confidence boost going into the Super 8s, so it may not be the worst draw if we can get over them.

I’d have them as the joint worst draws in hindsight !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Have you not seen our ever increasing injury list?

Have you not seen Galways? Oh what it must be like to actually have 2 midfielders fit!

To pre empt this willy waving before it begins, let's agree that both Galway and Mayo are riddled with injuries. Both are showing to have reasonable squad depth. Whoever loses on Sat/sun in likely decent weather should have no complaints

Barlett wrote: »
    If RTÉ have first preference it’ll be on Sunday at 2 I’d say

Do rte have one of the games ?
    Sky have 2

True, I wasn't really comparing to the other teams. On other hand, if Mayo aren't good enough to beat this Galway team this year, you've no business being in the super 8s.

Agree if Galway play like they have been - I do think ye'll raise it though as always against Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Yeah provincial system not fit for purpose at all

In fairness we could beat new York then Leitrim in theory but lose to Galway in final - then beat someone like Laois

Ulster will never have a potential easy route

Very true, with exception of Ulster, at the moment a straightforward route is very common depending on the draw.
    Meath beat Laois in the provincal semi, now meet Clare to get to the 8s.

The main positive is though that Galway are coming into this in worse form than the last 2 years and we should have won at least one of those

That said how good are we actually playing ourselves? Armagh are a level below Galway tbh

• Advertisement

Worst possible draw for the mods on this thread

An unofficial GAA page on Facebook is suggesting that Hyde is unavailable due to work being done on it.

An unofficial GAA page on Facebook is suggesting that Hyde is unavailable due to work being done on it.

I’m sure Sky would love a double header with Tyrone match
    We are prob lucky Croker is unavailable
    Or unlucky given how we play up there .........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭naughto

Sky have first pick of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Very true, with exception of Ulster, at the moment a straightforward route is very common depending on the draw.
    Meath beat Laois in the provincal semi, now meet Clare to get to the 8s.

well, Meath beat Carlow, then Laoi,s then played in a Leinster final and now meet Clare to decide.....

I’m sure Sky would love a double header with Tyrone match
    We are prob lucky Croker is unavailable
    Or unlucky given how we play up there .........

I'd much rather Galway Mayo in a provincial venue for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭vid36

The Hyde was unavailable for a potential Connacht final replay so it will probably be unavailable next weekend. I think Limerick has to be a possibility.

Could we be going to limerick yet I wonder ............or Ennis !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Blud wrote:
    Is Croker on Sunday a definite no when Westlife play there Saturday night?

No hope and would we want it anyway?

You do know how long these stages take to put up/down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭glack

No hope and would we want it anyway?

You do know how long these stages take to put up/down?

Never mind the fact that they dig up a good quarter of the pitch at the hill end which has to be relaid....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement