Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Grand but let's have zero complaints about wherever council decide so. Watch people flip a gasket now when Limerick is chosen

The options could be Tuam or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tuam can't hold capacity for this and is also currently being worked on. Would not be appropriate for this match.

It is interesting that Mayo seem to have turned down coin toss. 50 / 50 chance of getting Castlebar. Unless they dont want to play Galway in Castlebar???

Why would they ? Our record against everyone in Cbar is stink
    It’s no advantage to play there
    Genuinely believe that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

What did mayo refuse that galway offered? Hope someone wouldnt mind filling me in im not on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Tuam can't hold capacity for this and is also currently being worked on. Would not be appropriate for this match.

It is interesting that Mayo seem to have turned down coin toss. 50 / 50 chance of getting Castlebar. Unless they dont want to play Galway in Castlebar???

It's a bit ironic after the Newry outrage that the county board seem to have scant regard for travelling fans on this occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    What did mayo refuse that galway offered? Hope someone wouldnt mind filling me in im not on twitter

Somebody said in a previous post that the GAA offered Galway & Mayo the option of flipping coin for home advantage. Galway agreed, Mayo did not. So it will now have to be a neutral venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭maximus15

It's a bit ironic after the Newry outrage that the county board seem to have scant regard for travelling fans on this occasion

Board are spot on. Mayo fans love the travelling and away days, especially when reward is our first go at super 8s and chance at knocking out or neighbours to do it!
    Our record against Galway at home is pants so let's play den on a pitch that mitnt suit them like Gaelic grounds.
    Interesting afternoon awaits!
    Anything to be said for a trip to tipp for double header!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I don’t think the GAA would be looking at a venue that’s a 3 and a half hour drive from Castlebar for a 7pm in the evening fixture this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh look
    He is back

Blackjack wrote: »
    I don’t think the GAA would be looking at a venue that’s a 3 and a half hour drive from Castlebar for a 7pm in the evening fixture this time around.

I'm not saying it's the wrong decision, I'd do the same, just that it's a bit ironic and amusing after the CB complaining to the media when Newry was announced. The game will likely go to Limerick and Mayo fans will complain even though the Mayo CB caused this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Great draw for Galway.....if the green and red doesn’t put a bit of fire in their bellies nothin will!!!.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Taking Salthill off the table is very considerate to fans!

km79 wrote: »
    Oh look
    He is back

You go onto mayoblog and post guff and bile continuously and come on here and try and act impartial. Judging by your username your a 40 year old man living two alter egos online. Fairly sad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

km79 wrote: »
    Why would they ? Our record against everyone in Cbar is stink
    It’s no advantage to play there
    Genuinely believe that

Mayo have never lost a qualifier in Castlebar. That's an incredible record

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

#NeutralOrNowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

maximus15 wrote: »
    Anything to be said for a trip to tipp for double header!!!

34op6r.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I thought games this round were supposed to be on neutral venue ?
    If so then why offer Galway/Mayo option of playing at home ?

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    I thought games this round were supposed to be on neutral venue ?
    If so then why offer Galway/Mayo option of playing at home ?

Cos there's no really suitable neutral venue

Croker would be as convenient as Limerick to some fans, especially Mayo, but I think Croker is holding a concert?

Why are the GAA holding concerts during the championship season is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I'm not saying it's the wrong decision, I'd do the same, just that it's a bit ironic and amusing after the CB complaining to the media when Newry was announced. The game will likely go to Limerick and Mayo fans will complain even though the Mayo CB caused this

What’s wrong with Hyde Park?. If it’s going to work for Roscommons home game in the super 8s then there is no reason for it to work for a round 4 qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭vid36

What’s wrong with Hyde Park?. If it’s going to work for Roscommons home game in the super 8s then there is no reason for it to work for a round 4 qualifier.

Capacity issues just 18k.

• Advertisement

vid36 wrote: »
    Capacity issues just 18k.

Fanzones in Eyre Square and Castlebar with big TV screens?

Seemingly renovation work going on there ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Limerick 5PM Saturday

Limerick 5PM Saturday

This announced somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Barlett

Folks there's no renovation work going on in Hyde Park, it's hosting Roscommon v Cavan/Tyrone on Sat week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Nothing official just yet

Nothing official just yet

With Cork Laois afterward?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jaysus, 5 pages about a venue... in a couple of hours we will know... anyone for lunch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

yop wrote: »
    Jaysus, 5 pages about a venue... in a couple of hours we will know... anyone for lunch! :)

No time for lunch - too busy pressing refresh button :)

• Advertisement

I'm just guessing but thoughts about Hyde Park are if the GAA were willing to go to the lengths of a coinflip, even though it should be a neutral game, then Hyde park is either being renovated this week in prep for next week or they think it's too small

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement