Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

I presume all the people for these classes are gone through security clearance and fitness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Lorcanber1 wrote: »
    I presume all the people for these classes are gone through security clearance and fitness?

I’m actually not sure I tried asking but they wouldn’t tell me
    I’m still waiting on my physical I have everything else.
    I also think their is allot of people from the 2018 campaign still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Anyone do the Role play exercise today on Zoom ?...is it tough or just common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

timmy2772 wrote: »
    Anyone do the Role play exercise today on Zoom ?...is it tough or just common sense

Most of us done it before covid19 it might be easier in person so my advice is dont be shy and get your voice heard but also take on board what others say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

I was pre covid too but look like what has been said make sure your voice is heard but don't b over dominant also don't sit there an say nutin. Get ur point across an when u think someone else has a good idea agree with them, EG (team work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

It's not a group exercise lads...its a one on one role play with an actor!!...theres no way your voice cant be heard because your the only one there, well you and the actor

It's not a group exercise lads...its a one on one role play with an actor!!...theres no way your voice cant be heard because your the only one there, well you and the actor

We never done that so cant help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Hi did anybody see that they are planning on having a public sector recruitment ban
    Do you think Thai will affect us from getting in now?
    I am only waiting on my pct have everything else done and clearance back.
    Thanks

BK1997 wrote: »
    Hi did anybody see that they are planning on having a public sector recruitment ban
    Thanks

Was thinking that myself, I'm losing hope at this stage.

BK1997 wrote: »
    Thanks

I didn't hear that lads thats not good, But would not be on future recruitment, by that i mean new campaigns. From what I hear there short on prison officers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

''Mr McGrath has been told that given the “urgent need” to manage Exchequer expenditure, there are a number of options that could be considered to reduce demand on the Exchequer in the short-term, including:

* A moratorium on recruitment other than for key front line areas for a period of 12 months''

'https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40025909.html'

as far as im concerned p.o and garda's and nurses are key front line workers, so i would not be worrying

I'd love to even get my clearance back at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Im presuming if someone behind you in OOM and they have there clearance back that they cant overtake you????Also there is still 2018 applicants to be called so eitherway we have to wait for them before us???which could be a long time away.my oom is between 140 and 170 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Oom doesn’t matter if a clearance comes back and you have everything done and the guy above you hasn’t his clearance you go in

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Thats mad that that is the way i know a lad who is more than 50 behind me and he got his clearance .sure whats the point in doing well in an interview if someones garda vetting gets done before yours.no point in oom so .Person with least family to check up wins the race

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Alc 1986 wrote:
    Thats mad that that is the way i know a lad who is more than 50 behind me and he got his clearance .sure whats the point in doing well in an interview if someones garda vetting gets done before yours.no point in oom so .Person with least family to check up wins the race

It's harsh but they're not going to hold up a class because your vetting didn't come back. You'll come to learn that IPS is a machine of sorts, not always very efficient but it'll run on whatever fuel is available as fumes will only last for so long. Vetting is beyond their control so they will employ those who are readily available.

Got my clearance back was advised no pcp classes yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Was it by phone call?
    PCP classes means the actual classes or physical tests?

Willoughby wrote: »
    Was it by phone call?
    PCP classes means the actual classes or physical tests?

It was by phone, I assume its the physical

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

It was by phone, I assume its the physical

Well done,I’m still waiting on mine.
    Did they mention anything about running classes after the October class?
    And the PCT is the fitness test.

• Advertisement

Arod13 wrote: »
    Well done,I’m still waiting on mine.
    Did they mention anything about running classes after the October class?
    And the PCT is the fitness test.

Next class will be in 2021 I think October is the last this year.

Next class will be in 2021 I think October is the last this year.

But they never mentioned it to you?
    If that’s the case they will probably run the PCT’s in November and December when the October class leaves Portlaois.
    How long were you waiting on your clearance?

But they never mentioned it to you?
    If that’s the case they will probably run the PCT’s in November and December when the October class leaves Portlaois.
    How long were you waiting on your clearance?

Close to a year, yeh she was saying there are no pct classes until after the October class.

Close to a year, yeh she was saying there are no pct classes until after the October class.

At least you got the clearance back,that seems to be the toughest to get!

I got my clearance back too.

kenny80 wrote: »
    I got my clearance back too.

Well done.must be a big relief?
    Have you your medical/pct done?

Well done.must be a big relief?
    Have you your medical/pct done?

Thanks very much. Yeah i have all done September class is full, so hopefully October not sure yet tho, security clearance is the big sticking point for everyone 13 months waiting. I'll keep ye posted if I hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rachel03069320

Thanks very much. Yeah i have all done September class is full, so hopefully October not sure yet tho, security clearance is the big sticking point for everyone 13 months waiting. I'll keep ye posted if I hear anything

Are you from the 2019 campaign?

Are you from the 2019 campaign?

Yup I'm from the 2019 campaign rachel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Rachel03069320

Yup I'm from the 2019 campaign rachel

Okay thanks, im still waiting on clearance from 2018

Advertisement