Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Yester wrote: »
    Finally got him. It was nearly worth it for the "to be continued" moment.

Not going to lie, i almost gave up at that point! I was disgusted and so angry that they had cut the story short! :mad:

Which was exactly what they were aiming for! bastards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Woo-Hoo!

https://www.gamesradar.com/borderlands-3-takedown-at-maliwan-blacksite-solo-event-gets-a-new-date/?utm_content=bufferf73fa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw

The Maliwan Takedown (and all future takedowns) will now always automatically scale to the number of players.

Great decision by them. Haven't gotten round to going through it again myself but nice to know I'll always have the option to try and solo it (and the future ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just got back to this after a break for a long time to continue doing a lot of side missions that i have left to do and was in Mayhem 4 mode. Takes me at least 10-15 of actual real time to kill some enemies the tough ones. That's no lie. It's not impossible but it sure does take a sh*t tonne of bullets to kill them plus maybe I don't have great weapons never actually farmed anyone to get good weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

if you're on ps4 send me a friend request gimli2112 and I'll send you some weapons

gimli2112 wrote: »
    if you're on ps4 send me a friend request gimli2112 and I'll send you some weapons

Thanks for the offer but I'm on Xbox even if I was on PS4 I wouldn't accept the weapons as you would have farmed for them and that's what I should really do. I should play the game more often as it is a really good game.

I should be ashamed as I finished the main story ages ago and all I have done since then is play a few side missions and play the Halloween content they released a while back just once. Haven't even done any of the end game content or the maliwan takedown.

• Advertisement

I'm on xbox and have bits I can give you. I've not farmed feck all this time out most of my stuff came from Graveward and when loot dropped from eveyrthing.

What class are you, at worst I can give you a com, a transformer shield and a deathless.

Even with the chest buffs event now I'm not arsed to go back and farm this time out. I'm conscious of a level cap increase down the road and it all becoming worthless and the fact that anointment are largely useless for Moze still.

I'm on xbox and have bits I can give you. I've not farmed feck all this time out most of my stuff came from Graveward and when loot dropped from eveyrthing.

What class are you, at worst I can give you a com, a transformer shield and a deathless.

Even with the chest buffs event now I'm not arsed to go back and farm this time out. I'm conscious of a level cap increase down the road and it all becoming worthless and the fact that anointment are largely useless for Moze still.

Thanks for the offer but I'm fine. I will probably get a few good drops myself if I actually put some time into the game.

I got my first ever infinity gun in this game earlier tonight. I played 1 and 2 and the pre sequel and all dlc and never got one. I even farmed for it off doc something can't remember his name in Borderlands 2. I killed him so many times and it never dropped so just gave up.

It's pretty good not very powerful though but with unlimited ammo and with bullets raining down it's quite good. It's a legendary also. I got a tonne of legendarys must be with this increased drop rate thing they have going on at the minute.

I got hooked on this game and then realized there will be a higher level cap released at some stage so I said I better stop playing it and that was after doing a tonne of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

They need to introduce infusing ala Destiny. It’d be a game changer!

• Advertisement

Haven't done much in a while, said I'd do the chest run in The Droughts‘ to see what the drops are like. First chest and god roll bloodletter :pac:

EDIT: Oh I forgot about the glitch to exploit the chest in cistern of slaughter , now's the time to go back and try that one :D

From what I opened in the last little bit it seems to be very much like opening the gold key chest , loot is mostly grenades and shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I got hooked on this game and then realized there will be a higher level cap released at some stage so I said I better stop playing it and that was after doing a tonne of stuff.

Yeah I'm conscious of grinding too hard for now due to the level cap increase that will presumably come with one of the next two content releases. I really only play one character, and I have my Amara build right where I want it, so don't see any value in tinkering any more until we get some sort of update that will impact progression.

On a somewhat related topic, do we have any idea when we can expect further DLC to arrive? If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that all DLC will have released within a year of release, so I would expect them to at least start talking about the next expansion soon.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Yeah I'm conscious of grinding too hard for now due to the level cap increase that will presumably come with one of the next two content releases. I really only play one character, and I have my Amara build right where I want it, so don't see any value in tinkering any more until we get some sort of update that will impact progression.

On a somewhat related topic, do we have any idea when we can expect further DLC to arrive? If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that all DLC will have released within a year of release, so I would expect them to at least start talking about the next expansion soon.

I hope it’s a while a way yet. I’m only level 41 and haven’t started the first DLC!!

Still have about 20 side missions or more and haven’t done any end game yet except one very poor attempt that circle of slaughter!

Enjoy and take your time, I think that's the best way to enjoy Borderlands!

I love looter shooters, but I think the reason I enjoy Borderlands more than Destiny, The Division, Warframe etc. is I don't feel like I need to be logging in daily or even weekly to avoid fear of missing out. With Destiny especially, I feel like I need to be playing day in day out to get my value from it; between getting raid ready, time gated quests and constant barrages of daily/weekly bounties to complete. It has actually pushed me away from the game almost entirely.

With Borderlands it's entirely possible to drop of for weeks at a time and come back and still have a relevant build (depending on nerfs etc. of course). Sure you might miss out on the odd seasonal event here or there like Bloody Harvest, but you can put the game down safe in the knowledge that you aren't going to miss out on reams of content that puts you so far behind the curve you are basically irrelevant when you log back in. It's why I love Borderlands DLC model, and why I'm so glad they didn't jump on the live service bandwagon. It shows how stale the live service model is becoming with looter shooters when Borderlands 3 feels like a breath of fresh air by using the same model it had when it brought the genre to the masses back with Borderlands 1 and ignoring the advances that have been made in the meantime by other games.

I hope it’s a while a way yet. I’m only level 41 and haven’t started the first DLC!!

Still have about 20 side missions or more and haven’t done any end game yet except one very poor attempt that circle of slaughter!

How are you such a low level with only 20 side missions left to do?

How are you such a low level with only 20 side missions left to do?

20 that I’ve grabbed. I’m sure there’s more to be fair.

I’ve finished the story and done probably 15 or 20 side missions so far.

Matchmaking in this game is an absolute ball of ****eee.

In saying that I got matched with one dude and we got through circle of slaughter. Should be 4 of us though.

That **** is crazy fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I'm just trying the circle of slaughter myself. I've only managed to clear one round so far. Good craic though.

Level cap increase inbound as well as a seasonal event. Going from 50 to 53 and some other news.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-02-11-borderlands-3-community-love-letter/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

The level cap increase is welcome. I've fallen off somewhat, but give me an arbitrary level to grind and potential for 3 more skill points and I get weak at the knees lol

Is three extra levels not a bit stingy though? I was figuring on ten and rampaging down the blue Amara tree.

Yeah I agree it does seem a tad stingy. I'm happy for something else to chase, but in all honesty that's an evenings play at most, and in the grand scheme of things how much is 3 skill points really going to impact anything build wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'd say it's more about triggering Gear OCD. You're really not going to farm for a level 53 Liyuda now the 50 is obsolete ? ;)

The amount of farming I would have to do to replace even 20% of what I have would be astonishing. This wouldn't entice me back in any meaningful way, I hope.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The amount of farming I would have to do to replace even 20% of what I have would be astonishing. This wouldn't entice me back in any meaningful way, I hope.

Aye same here. Why grind for gear that's Lvl53 when I can just wait until it gets nearer to Lvl60?

They shouldn't raise the level cap piecemeal like this. 3 levels every few months. If anything it nearly puts me off returning to the game for this update where I could probably just wait for the next level cap update and grind out 6 levels with whatever new DLC is available.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-02-13-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-feb-13/

Hotfix today implementing most of what was noted before. Seems like the Broken Hearts event is just "shoot hearts that appear above enemies heads" for some bonus loot. No special areas/enemies/bosses etc from what I can tell.

Thats disappointing re: the Broken Hearts event. I was hoping it would be like the last one.

Worth noting according to the patch notes guardian rank is disabled after the patch so will need to enabled manually.

I literally only hit lvl 50 this week so I don’t mind the level cap jump tbh seen as I have done any grinding. Can absolutely see why it’d piss others off though.

Again I’ll raise the infusing ala Destiny being the right thing to do here

• Advertisement

They did have the grinder in the pre-sequel but I can see why they wouldn't want that back without some changes to it.

Advertisement