Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Still no word on a level cap increase as of yet? Seems odd, was expecting a jump of at least 5 levels. I don't really think a cap increase is needed personally, just strange to see no mention of it.

Was watching IGN's impressions of the DLC yesterday evening. Sounds fine but they aren't overly impressed by the sounds of it; general concern seems to be that this isn't going to bring anything to the table to promote end game engagement or change the meta in a meaningful way.

I'm happy with the game as is at the moment, and all I really want is new content to freshen up subsequent playthroughs with the classes I have yet to touch, which I am getting. Definitely doesn't seem like it is going to bring much to the table for anyone who has been crushing Mayhem 3 and 4 for ages already though and has 4 finely tuned builds across all classes.

DLC is out now

• Advertisement

Killed maybe 6 enemies in the DLC and got Zane's new class mod. Looks like a decent one even with the element of chance involved.

EDIT: Actually enjoying this a lot more than most of the main game. Writing and people you meet are great.

Put about 2 and a half hours in last night and really enjoyed it. The writing, location and music are better than the base game by a running mile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On sale again but I don't think I'll bother with it , the match making isn't great on PS 4?

Can't speak for PS4 but on Xbox it's terrible , I don't even bother now I just check for LFG posts for people looking to do what ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah took ages to get 4 into Malewan, two of them died at the Valkeries straight off the bat, Other lad went down twenty seconds later, cue me in a 10 minute battle. Just had the last one dead and I died myself, I'm sure the poor chap who hung around thinks I'm the biggest troll ever.

• Advertisement

I hope they checkpoint that section in future, might stop folks quitting out.

Really enjoyed the DLC. In terms of loot I got 14/18 new items just from playing it on M3. No farming with the exception of the rare spawn, which took 7 or 8 reloads to get to appear.

It adds nothing fro me in terms of end game though. The class mods i gave me might be good for running this DLC on M4 but not the rest of the game.

Really enjoyed the DLC. In terms of loot I got 14/18 new items just from playing it on M3. No farming with the exception of the rare spawn, which took 7 or 8 reloads to get to appear.

It adds nothing fro me in terms of end game though. The class mods i gave me might be good for running this DLC on M4 but not the rest of the game.

Similar to how I feel. Its a decent chunk of content for one playthrough IMO, but it isn't adding anything longevity wise, and it isn't doing anything to shake up the meta at all. I run an Amara elementa build and none of the drops I've had will feature permanently for me or even make me think about dropping my three cutsman loadout.

Took me about 90 minutes of farming on M3 for the few bits of new gear that didn't just drop during my playthough. Most of the ones I missed dropped first time.

The Lucky 7 pistol is nice, feels like a Jacobs before they nerfed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I'm late to the game but Borderlands 3 is now installing. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started the Moxxi dlc last night. Enjoying it so far, good mix of enemies and the story is decent enough. Got one great new smg, can't remember the name but it's a maliwan shock/cryo laser smg. Absolutely shreds most enemies. Great to be back in the game anyway

I'm having my first serious challenge of the game. Finding Killavolt tough to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yester wrote: »
    I'm having my first serious challenge of the game. Finding Killavolt tough to deal with.

found him hard on first playthrough, tough if you're under levelled. we put on a level or two more and he became easy. look at your gear, any shields that resist shock?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yester wrote: »

Leave him as it is a side mission and come back to him later.

• Advertisement

You'll get a shield much later in the game from a side quest which will trivialise this fight.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    found him hard on first playthrough, tough if you're under levelled. we put on a level or two more and he became easy. look at your gear, any shields that resist shock?

Finally got him. A shock resistance shield helped a lot. It was still a close one though.

Just a bit forewarning the shield I'm talking about is the transformer. It's very useful for a lot of builds so might be worth leaving that side quest alone until you hit 50.

I'll post the name of the quest and it's location in spoilers as it's very late game
    It's Alive in Desolation's Edge on Nekrotafeyo.
    Also wait until you are 50 to complete Zero's crew challenges. His reward is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I don’t know how many hours I’ve put into this so far but I’m only on “The family Jewel” level which seems to be just over half way through the game according to a quick google. Edit... 21 hours in.

Seems to be a fairly meaty campaign and that’s without doing the side missions. (Saving them to help level up quicker when the campaigns over)

Enjoying the game so far but it does suffer from slow down on Sanctuary and when there’s a lot of enemies on screen.

I’m playing on a pro and have the settings to performance rather than graphics but still get these frame rate issues which doesn’t ruin the experience but a pain non the less and surprising as well.

I jumped back and forth between the two setting on a X and eventually settled for graphics mode. Found the frame rate obviously lower but more consistent.

I jumped back and forth between the two setting on a X and eventually settled for graphics mode. Found the frame rate obviously lower but more consistent.

Same as myself, I found performance mode to be wildly inconsistent so having it locked (for the most part) at 30fps helped the experience significantly. I'm all for the higher end consoles giving us options, but unless they can consistently deliver above 50fps then the option is rendered largely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

RopeDrink wrote: »
    tied up some of the challenges after with the Mayhem mode but it was slow going, so it was either side-missions, or restart in TVHM (True Vault Hunter Mode)

You're probably already aware but if you do the side-missions in Mayhem modes you get end-game level XP for them. Otherwise it's minimal (at the level they were intended). On my 2nd character I left the majority of side missions until I'd finished the main story and then went back to do them on Mayhem, I hit lvl 50 before I'd done half of them (to be fair probably 7 or 8 levels were via boss farming aswell).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Has there been a consensus on the best/most favoured character yet?

Played FL4K for the first run through there, and am thinking Moze for the second, never really played as the Siren in the other games, so probably wont this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has there been a consensus on the best/most favoured character yet?

Played FL4K for the first run through there, and am thinking Moze for the second, never really played as the Siren in the other games, so probably wont this time either.

Fl4k was insanely overpowered at the start due to some of his skills, but I think they've largely been nerfed. Zane is still struggling behind the others.

Amara is the best all-rounder. She has great survival skills and can do massive damage, both melee and gun-based. I never played Siren in previous games either, but I went straight for her here and haven't regretted it a bit. Her action skills aren't the most inspired, but they can do proper damage (especially Phasegrasp which can link and share damage to nearby enemies).

• Advertisement

Moze has limited options for healing compared to the others and iron bear is useless still except for regenerating shields. There are builds that really do work for her but I don't find spamming nades and chucking tedior weapons fun.

I'm still on the deathless / transformer build speced into the bottomless mags and shield of retribution trees and can survive nicely on m4 but lack the punch Amara and fl4k have in terms of damage.

Advertisement