Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Winds, Heavy Rain Wintry Weather : Sat 2nd to Mon 4th March 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

selassie wrote: »
    would arrivals be delayed at dublin airport? parents plane lands at 18:15 scheduled at the moment.

Arrivals landing as normal, no departures in over half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alltakennames

I have a flight in the morning - should I be worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Starting to stick-properly in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mrsnrub2.0

I can't even remember the last time I saw rain turn to snow its been so many years now. It might have been as long ago as the end of Feb 2001?
    The charts may be showing nothing but zonal muck right now but I have a feeling that this month has more surprises to come. :)
    The temp was 2c about 15 mins ago but is now down to 0.7c.

I think the myth of 'the ground being too warm for snow to stick' can now be put to bed!
    Has anyone said yet - "you'd know its snowing in Dublin"

Storm Emma?

Wasn't that just rain that met cold air?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Snowing big thick flakes in D13. Is this due to continue overnight? Could we be looking at school / work closures?

No.

Unless we get a good spill of rain I cant currently see how my local primary school in Kinnitty, Co Offaly could open tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Glencree valley 250m ASL heavy snow accumulation now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have you checked wit your airline or airport?

No, will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Glencree valley 250m ASL heavy snow accumulation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

So the "no" answers are in response to "is this going to continue over night" yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Starting to snow here just outside Enniscorty Co. Wexford no sticking but falling heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

hoping some streamers come in off the atlantic like they did at the start of feb and hit us here in Cork again. That was great

Really hope so thank you
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    No, will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Could be dodgy alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's easing in Clondalkin. Not as heavy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thargor wrote: »
    WTF just looked out the window in Bray, pelting down snow!

Haha, yeah me too. Had the Velux Blinds closed while playing Beatsaber VR on my Oculus Rift and opened them to see the velux had a layer of snow! :D

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Could be dodgy alright

Eh, no it won't. Snow will be well gone and field will be well cleared. Don't spread fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Where did this come from???? Wasn’t expecting anything like the covering we’ve got in Sandyford - it was so wet an hour ago the rugby match was cancelled because of water pooling on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Sun out here in Laois
    Wherabouts? Not around North Laois North of Portlaoise anyway. Flame size has eased back though.
    I cleared a good 2 inches off my car, there's a steady 1.5" on tarmac and, because it's wet snow, the roads are lethal.
    Delighted In getting a run out of my winter tyres ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

hoping some streamers come in off the atlantic like they did at the start of feb and hit us here in Cork again. That was great

When is that likely to happen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Being snowing in south Kildare for a couple of hours a couple of inches lying, snowing heavily as i post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cars crawling on the roads here in Portlaoise , it really is dangerous enough at the minute , a few skidding around the place .

Drive safe everyone .

This was the roof of the car an hour ago .

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Still coming down in Clane, these taken about 45 mins ago

W3wJvYz
    vVB6SjP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Itssoeasy wrote: »

its not but I said I am hopeful, theres some showers coming in it looks like but doubtful they would transistion to snow like last time, uppers aren't there I dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Flakes not as big now and it's lightening up. About 1 cm so far. Partial thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Sun out here in Laois
    Wherabouts? Not around North Laois North of Portlaoise anyway. Flake size has eased back though.
    I cleared a good 2 inches off my car, there's a steady 1.5" on tarmac and, because it's wet snow, the roads are lethal.
    Delighted In getting a run out of my winter tyres ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Flake size.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭odonopenmic

Supercell wrote: »
    Any reports from Wicklow, suspect Roundwood and Rathdrum buried as usual?

I'm surprised it isn't heavier in Roundwood. Sleet
    turned to snow around 2 but it's really wet snow. Maybe 2 inches on the car? Pretty windy too - snow coming sideways

312m asl

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Flakes not as big now and it's lightening up. About 1 cm so far. Partial thaw.

Same. Ah well it was unexpected fun while it lasted.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Eh, no it won't. Snow will be well gone and field will be well cleared. Don't spread fear!

Thank you! The fear is real!! But it's stopping here now where I am so fingers crossed

Advertisement