Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 235 - Jones vs Smith, Woodley vs Usman - Sat March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cody has the most skill in terms of throwing hands for any fighter under 155, but his chin has been checked too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cody is some idiot. A bit of patience and he had that fight won but gets himself involved in a fistfight. He's way too hot headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Cody is not an intelligent fighter.

derfderf wrote: »
    Cody is not an intelligent fighter.

That's definitely not true though.
    The Cody who tooled up Dom Cruz was probably the most dominant, slick, intelligent underdog in a championship fight in recent memory.

The Cody who tooled up Dom Cruz was probably the most dominant, slick, intelligent underdog in a championship fight in recent memory.

Yeah Cody is a great fighter and can be intelligent for sure.... he is just very hot headed and gets dragged into slug fests for some apparent reason, I think he will learn his lesson from this fight and come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I have to agree with this. But Jaysus this can be a cruel sport. When Cody won that fight he was at the pinnacle. Its been a painful fall since then. He just doesnt seem to be the same fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

He used to be intelligent. Until he got knocked out twice by TJ...now he's just reckless

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    He used to be intelligent. Until he got knocked out twice by TJ...now he's just reckless

Exactly what I meant. In both TJ fights he was on top, even just slightly, and threw it away being reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Its his emotional side that lets him down.

There were 3 Cody's in there tonight, a stiff and defensive, a fluid skill full, and a wild slugger. Unfortunately he does not have the chin for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Cody’s leg was ****ed and he was having trouble moving on it right away . He knew Muhnoz was going to keep attacking it and it was really bothering him so he tried to get him out as soon as he had him hurt and got caught . A bit more self control he would have won .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Again tonight he was doing his stupid cocky moves for a second or 2. These moves only look good if you end up winning. Agree with everyone saying Cody is too emotional and has no brain. Where does he go from here?? Has he even dropped below a Cruz rematch if Cruz can make it back??

Gonad wrote: »
    Cody’s leg was ****ed and he was having trouble moving on it right away . He knew Muhnoz was going to keep attacking it and it was really bothering him so he tried to get him out as soon as he had him hurt and got caught . A bit more self control he would have won .

You need to stop listening to Joe "over reactionary" Rogan.

Cody got tagged, and when he did he started swinging, he hurt Pedro and then rather than resetting and being smart he started swinging wildly and got hurt.

Cody got tagged, and when he did he started swinging, he hurt Pedro and then rather than resetting and being smart he started swinging wildly and got hurt.

He did the same against TJ in the second fight too. Got dropped, and finished soon after.

Well we are about to find out about Askren, I can't fecking wait.

My money went on Lawler, but I really don't know.

This is my main event for tonight. Really excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Askren looks like a lady who works in a subsidised kitchen ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus Robbie! :eek:

are you fupping kidding me?????? nooooooooooooooo fupping wayyyyyyyy

**** sake. Was really enjoying that

They have to run that back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Joke.

Bull**** stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't really blame Herb for that, he couldn't see Robbie's face, i thought Robbie was gone too wit the way his arm just went limp, gotta look after fighter safety

Im absolutely sick. So deflating to end like that.

Booooooooo is right.

Fecking gutted, robbed...

Lads, the way Robbie's arm drops is not insignificant.

A Bulldog choke is a legit choke and Robbie wasn't getting out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

While it was a very poor stoppage, Robbie was never getting out of that IMO, so it doesn’t hugely bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe, just maybe, could there be a way to restart the fight from the same position in situations like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

BS stoppage. Shame.

• Advertisement

Fair ****s to Askren to recover after that opening minute. I thought he was gonna get stopped at one point. He's a tough cookie.

Advertisement