Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 235 - Jones vs Smith, Woodley vs Usman - Sat March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I do fear for smith!
    Id say Jones is gonna do a number on him, hes in a different class !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭JitzNdHitz

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    I do fear for smith!
    Id say Jones is gonna do a number on him, hes in a different class !

I know it's just there's nobody else really to fight Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I think Smith wins.

I don't know how, or even why I think that, but I just think Jones will get his comeuppance tomorrow night.

I think Smith wins.

I don't know how, or even why I think that, but I just think Jones will get his comeuppance tomorrow night.

Genuinely not even a punchers chance. Smith misses too much watch him stand up and strike. He misses with most.

JitzNdHitz wrote: »
    Genuinely not even a punchers chance. Smith misses too much watch him stand up and strike. He misses with most.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I genuinely detest Jones. He's a low life.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I genuinely detest Jones. He's a low life.

Same mate.

Same mate.

He's not even funny or likable in any way.

He's not your quintessential scumbag. But a genuine narcissistic low life with a superiority complex and no remorse.

It would eat away at me if he was the goat (which he may well be). Contrast him to GSP, an absolute gentleman!

He's not even funny or likable in any way.

He's not your quintessential scumbag. But a genuine narcissistic low life with a superiority complex and no remorse.

It would eat away at me if he was the goat (which he may well be). Contrast him to GSP, an absolute gentleman!
    Ive always disliked him just his arrogance done me before the proven juicing. But what pushed me over the edge was his attitude towards the reporter over the hype being around his failed tests rather then his and His fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Haven't seen anything online about who's on commentary duty tonight, Anik Rogan and who else? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

dulux99 wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything online about who's on commentary duty tonight, Anik Rogan and who else? Anyone know?

Pretty sure its Cruz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hell of a card. most looking forward to askren lawler. i've a feeling askren could be exposed here badly. UFC is a whole different level. even a past his prime lawler is by far the highest level competition he's faced. but who knows.

i hope the lad smith does what he says he's gonna do and goes warmode in jones face right from the bell. if he's tenuous at all jones will pikc him apart.

woodley usman is a great fight. i guess woodley wins but it won't be easy for him i feel.

not to mention fun fights with zabit and also cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Askren Lawlor and Woodley Usman both have the potential to be extremely boring fights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

xtal191 wrote: »
    Askren Lawlor and Woodley Usman both have the potential to be extremely boring fights

What would be boring about them?

Also, Colby is such a cock.
    Dana will go through him for that little stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

No poll ?

froog wrote: »
    hell of a card. most looking forward to askren lawler. i've a feeling askren could be exposed here badly. UFC is a whole different level. even a past his prime lawler is by far the highest level competition he's faced. but who knows.

i hope the lad smith does what he says he's gonna do and goes warmode in jones face right from the bell. if he's tenuous at all jones will pikc him apart.

woodley usman is a great fight. i guess woodley wins but it won't be easy for him i feel.

not to mention fun fights with zabit and also cody.

Askren exposed? the man is an unbelievable grappler. He will maul Robbie

Askren exposed? the man is an unbelievable grappler. He will maul Robbie

just look at both their opponents lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Would love to see Askren lose. Very entertaining on the mic but absolute dogsh*t to watch. Makes Demian Maia look like Diego Sanchez.

froog wrote: »
    just look at both their opponents lists.

Rubbish absolute nonsense he can only fight what's in front of him. He was signed to ONE. The guy is gonna maul Robbie. Be sure to be here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Also, Colby is such a cock.

And he's probably the reason people are warming to Woodley a bit.

Rubbish absolute nonsense he can only fight what's in front of him. He was signed to ONE. The guy is gonna maul Robbie. Be sure to be here tomorrow

lol ok brah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I honestly can't wait for this card, haven't been this excited in ages.

ASOT wrote: »
    I honestly can't wait for this card, haven't been this excited in ages.

This and then into the ONE card in morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

This and then into the ONE card in morning

Is there a one card on tomorrow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If Woodley wins tonight I honestly think he should be in the top 3 pound to pound fighters in mma today. Such an intelligent fighter.

ASOT wrote: »
    Is there a one card on tomorrow ?

Literally the best bloody card of MMA in long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Literally the best bloody card of MMA in long time

The card you're thinking of is on March 31st.

The card you're thinking of is on March 31st.

Just noticed that. Flip sake sorry.

Face off on By sport now Till and Masvidal

There is a hybrid version of the new rules in play tonight... all the new rules are in play minus the striking an opponent when one hand is on the canvas.

This must get fairly confusing for fighters.

• Advertisement

There is a hybrid version of the new rules in play tonight... all the new rules are in play minus the striking an opponent when one hand is on the canvas.

This must get fairly confusing for fighters.

It's the unified rules.

Advertisement