Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

aloooof wrote: »
    Billy Holland is a Munster stalwart but only has 1 Ireland cap. POM is a former Lions captain, and has 70+ Ireland caps and is ~4 years younger.

I'm a massive Billy Holland fan, but do you really think that's a reasonable comparison?

Yes I think it's a reasonable and fair comparison. O Mahoney has lived on doing one steal at the lineout per game for many a year. Holland has lived on the 'work you don't see' mantra..so similar type characters with Billy also hogging a squad place for about 3 years longer than he should have.. Sound men both and well liked. How Peter was made Lions captain ,nobody knows. He didn't make it to the third test ..he should never have been in the team. Im saying all this as a Munster man and Iv seen him have the odd good game. But he's aged badly..he's got zero pace,zero power. The questions have to be asked .. I dont buy the deficit of leadership angle either. Ireland and Munster have plenty of leaders . All I'm seeing is an average backrow keeping outstanding young backrows plugged in the pipeline.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The hyperbole King appears to have a pretender to the throne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Yes I think it's a reasonable and fair comparison. O Mahoney has lived on doing one steal at the lineout per game for many a year. Holland has lived on the 'work you don't see' mantra..so similar type characters with Billy also hogging a squad place for about 3 years longer than he should have.. Sound men both and well liked. How Peter was made Lions captain ,nobody knows. He didn't make it to the third test ..he should never have been in the team. Im saying all this as a Munster man and Iv seen him have the odd good game. But he's aged badly..he's got zero pace,zero power. The questions have to be asked .. I dont buy the deficit of leadership angle either. Ireland and Munster have plenty of leaders . All I'm seeing is an average backrow keeping outstanding young backrows plugged in the pipeline.

Warren Gatland knows

How dare Billy Holland (checks notes) accept a contract offer from Munster Rugby to play as a professional rugby player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Looking forward to next season, its HEC quarter final time and Kleyn, Snyman, Wycherly, Ahern, Beirne, POM, JOD, Coombes, Stander, Cloete and Hodnett are all available. Who do you pick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Looking forward to next season, its HEC quarter final time and Kleyn, Snyman, Wycherly, Ahern, Beirne, POM, JOD, Coombes, Stander, Cloete and Hodnett are all available. Who do you pick?

In before Thomond:
    The Bull

Snyman, Beirne, Coombes, POM, Stander

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Snyman, Beirne, Coombes, POM, Stander

I'd swap Coombes and Stander, think Coombes keeps the ball alive a bit more off the base of a scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

4. Kleyn
    5. Snyman
    6. Bierne
    7. POM
    8. Ahern

ONE LINEOUT TO RULE THEM ALL!!!

Think I'd go with Snyman and Ahern in the 2nd row with Beirne on the bench, 6. Stander, 7. JOD, 8. Coombes and Hodnett on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nuciforas professionalism is what I'm calling into question. Wheres the planning for the future. Hes just blocked up the channels for younger ,better backrows.O Mahoney has always been a good old pro,like Billy Holland..cut from the same cloth. O Mahoney was never a top class backrow..but like I said he's a good auld pro.

50dyqo.jpg

Cronin has been our starting LH this season and young Wycherley has impressed.
    I'd be surprised if they weren't both offered contracts.

But that leaves us with 6 senior LHs for next season.
    That seems a bit excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

what do you do if you are jack crowley. i would take the offer from ROG i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Jack Crowley is first year academy - it's not like he was getting launched in La Rochelle's starting XV - I'd say he has the sense to wait his course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thats kind of squad you need to go and win the thing.
    Some depth in the squad across all positions now.

Diarmuid Barron 2021
    Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Rhys Marshall 2021
    Niall Scannell 2023

Scott Buckley Year 1
    Eoghan Clarke Year 3

James Cronin 2021
    James French 2022
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

Josh Wycherley Year 3

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022

Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2021

Thomas Ahern Year 3
    Paddy Kelly Year 2
    Eoin O'Connor Year 2

Gavin Coombes 2023
    Chris Cloete 2022
    John Hodnett 2023
    Tommy O'Donnell 2021
    Jack O'Donoghue 2023
    Peter O'Mahony 2023
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023
    CJ Stander 2021

Jack Daly Year 3
    Alex Kendellen Year 1

Craig Casey 2023
    Neil Cronin 2023
    Nick McCarthy 2021
    Conor Murray 2022

Joey Carbery 2022
    Jake Flannery 2022
    JJ Hanrahan 2021
    Ben Healy 2022

Jack Crowley Year 1

Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2022
    Rory Scannell 2023

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2022
    Shane Daly 2023
    Keith Earls 2021
    Seán French 2022
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2023
    Calvin Nash 2023
    Darren Sweetnam 2021

Jonathan Wren Year 3

2021/22 NIEs:
    RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN:
    OUT: Billy Holland (LK, retirement)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

99% sure CJ JJ and Keith have signed on, JJ and Keith for 1 year I think, not sure about CJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Cronin has been our starting LH this season and young Wycherley has impressed.
    I'd be surprised if they weren't both offered contracts.

But that leaves us with 6 senior LHs for next season.
    That seems a bit excessive

French is viewed as a tighthead going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Clarke looks like he will be releases? Solid depth across the squad. I think they're going to be stronger than Leinster.

• Advertisement

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Clarke looks like he will be releases? Solid depth across the squad. I think they're going to be stronger than Leinster.

We're paupers compared to the Evil Empire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Poorside wrote: »
    99% sure CJ JJ and Keith have signed on, JJ and Keith for 1 year I think, not sure about CJ.
    The word is 2 years for CJ. I'm sure we'll be drip fed more announcements over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Wegians89

unplayable wrote: »
    what do you do if you are jack crowley. i would take the offer from ROG i think.

Connacht

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Connacht

He would be starting for them.

He would be starting for them.

Why ever would he stay at munster so?

bayern wrote: »

To win trophies.

bayern wrote: »

Loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

To win trophies.

How many Munster players under the age of 30 have won a club trophy? Apart from the Leinster exiles of course.

How many Munster players under the age of 30 have won a club trophy? Apart from the Leinster exiles of course.

how many players above 30 have won a trophy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Between Munster and Connacht, who is more likely to win a trophy next?

Advertisement