Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

The ref for Friday night's game is Ulster ref Chris Busby
    Murray Kinsella
    @Murray_Kinsella
    Chris Busby will referee Munster vs. Connacht on Friday.

Frank Murphy is on the whistle for Ulster vs. Leinster on Saturday.

#PRO14

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Central contract, Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Diarmuid Barron 2021
    Kevin O'Byrne 2022
    Rhys Marshall 2021
    Niall Scannell 2023

Scott Buckley Year 1
    Eoghan Clarke Year 3

James Cronin 2021
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

James French Year 3
    Josh Wycherley Year 3

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022

Tadhg Beirne 2022
    Jean Kleyn 2022
    RG Snyman 2022
    Fineen Wycherley 2021

Thomas Ahern Year 3
    Paddy Kelly Year 2
    Eoin O'Connor Year 2

Gavin Coombes 2021
    Chris Cloete 2022
    Tommy O'Donnell 2021
    Jack O'Donoghue 2023
    Peter O'Mahony 2023
    Jack O'Sullivan 2023
    CJ Stander 2021

Jack Daly Year 3
    John Hodnett Year 2
    Alex Kendellen Year 1

Craig Casey 2023
    Neil Cronin 2021
    Nick McCarthy 2021
    Conor Murray 2022

Joey Carbery 2022
    JJ Hanrahan 2021

Jack Crowley Year 1
    Jake Flannery Year 2
    Ben Healy Year 3

Damian de Allende 2022
    Chris Farrell 2022
    Dan Goggin 2022
    Alex McHenry 2022
    Rory Scannell 2023

Sean French Year 3

Andrew Conway 2023
    Liam Coombes 2022
    Shane Daly 2023
    Keith Earls 2021
    Matt Gallagher 2022
    Mike Haley 2021
    Calvin Nash 2023
    Darren Sweetnam 2021

Jonathan Wren Year 3

2021/22 NIEs:
    RG Snyman (capped), Damian de Allende (capped)

IN:
    OUT: Billy Holland (LK, retirement)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's great news and a central contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Closer to a move to Ireland... but not Munster...
    Let the rumourmill go into overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Closer to a move to Ireland... but not Munster...
    Let the rumourmill go into overtime

Hes off to Connacht....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

He basically said he’d never play for Leinster so that’s one option off the table.

• Advertisement

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    He basically said he’d never play for Leinster so that’s one option off the table.

Guess again!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

phog wrote: »
    That's great news and a central contract.

O'Mahoney has some agent. Its a complete farce. He shouldn't have gotten an IRFU central contract. He should have been thanked for his service and let off to France. Its a lack of professionalism and Nucifora has alot to answer for. At the very most he could have been offered a year long Munster contract. He won't be making the Munster team in a year not talking about the Irish team...
    We ll hear some guff about what he offers in a leadership role..mentoring ect...

BloodyBill wrote: »
    O'Mahoney has some agent. Its a complete farce. He shouldn't have gotten an IRFU central contract. He should have been thanked for his service and let off to France. Its a lack of professionalism and Nucifora has alot to answer for. At the very most he could have been offered a year long Munster contract. He won't be making the Munster team in a year not talking about the Irish team...
    We ll hear some guff about what he offers in a leadership role..mentoring ect...

No, we'll be hearing about what he offers on the field...it seems a deserved 2 year contract is really angering some boardsies from what I'm reading it's almost as if they don't want our best players playing for Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

UAEguy2020 wrote: »

Unless they offer him a million and 1 euros a year I suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

If Nucifora thinks POM is central to Munster and Ireland for the next 2 years, then giving him a 2 year contract is the complete opposite toa lack of professional.

Calling into question someone's professionalism because you disagree with them? Guff indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

No, we'll be hearing about what he offers on the field...it seems a deserved 2 year contract is really angering some boardsies from what I'm reading it's almost as if they don't want our best players playing for Ireland..

Large minority of supporters vocally griping about the contract and some of the comments are pretty ****ty. No need to remind myself why I stopped going to Irish matches.

Delighted for POM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

.... I have to ask. What do you think professionalism means?

Unless you're just throwing in random words to try accentuate your point which is really quite consciousness, preoccupation and dare I say identification

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Central contract, Nice

What did he do to earn that? The guy has given Munster sterling service but there is no evidence he deserves this. I dont think he should be anywhere near starting on an Ireland team when all backrow options are fit. He offers a target and is great in a lineout..Hes slow to the breakdown ,has no pace,is underpowered. All he's got is a combatative edge which isn't much good when the Billy Vunipola is running over the top of you. I'm so disappointed in Nucifora.

What did he do to earn that? The guy has given Munster sterling service but there is no evidence he deserves this. I dont think he should be anywhere near starting on an Ireland team when all backrow options are fit. He offers a target and is great in a lineout..Hes slow to the breakdown ,has no pace,is underpowered. All he's got is a combatative edge which isn't much good when the Billy Vunipola is running over the top of you. I'm so disappointed in Nucifora.

Play rugby.

.... I have to ask. What do you think professionalism means?

Unless you're just throwing in random words to try accentuate your point which is really quite consciousness, preoccupation and dare I say identification

Nuciforas professionalism is what I'm calling into question. Wheres the planning for the future. Hes just blocked up the channels for younger ,better backrows.O Mahoney has always been a good old pro,like Billy Holland..cut from the same cloth. O Mahoney was never a top class backrow..but like I said he's a good auld pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Nuciforas professionalism is what I'm calling into question. Wheres the planning for the future. Hes just blocked up the channels for younger ,better backrows.O Mahoney has always been a good old pro,like Billy Holland..cut from the same cloth. O Mahoney was never a top class backrow..but like I said he's a good auld pro.

I'm neither a Munster fan nor am I POMs biggest fan.

So hopefully there is some weight behind this next point.

You are 100% full of absolute hot air my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

I don't know why I'm bothering but here it goes:

He's 31. That is not past it or beyond it. He was playing good stuff before this tournament. He deserves two years without a shadow of a doubt. I keep hearing "supporters" talk him down and say how he'll lose his spot in the 23. I'm still waiting on that to happen 70 caps in. O'Mahony is going to be a fixture of the Irish team for the next two seasons at least. If it bothers you that much I suggest you stop following them.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,220 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

so munster loose one long term team leader... and you want to oust the other one as well?
    by the way POM was a lions test captain... you dont get to that level by being a "good auld pro"

ireland lose kearney and best, and sexton next year.... POM is automatically the next up team leader.

all these complaints yet no one actually knows the figures involved.

Like i said already, the IRFU are shred and will not have paid more than they think POM is worth, given the replacements available

• Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Team to face Connacht. Healy gets the start, big call to bench DDA.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Ben Healy, Craig Casey; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Jack O’Donoghue, Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Jean Kleyn, Jack O’Sullivan, Nick McCarthy, Joey Carbery, Damien de Allende.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Billy Holland is a Munster stalwart but only has 1 Ireland cap. POM is a former Lions captain, and has 70+ Ireland caps and is ~4 years younger.

I'm a massive Billy Holland fan, but do you really think that's a reasonable comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

James Cronin 2021
    Dave Kilcoyne 2023
    Liam O'Connor 2022
    Jeremy Loughman 2022

James French Year 3
    Josh Wycherley Year 3

Stephen Archer 2022
    Keynan Knox 2022
    John Ryan 2022
    Roman Salanoa 2022

Hi Thomond2006, thanks for the update once again, just if you are in the know, has James French fully swapped over to tight head, or does he cover both sides nowadays?
    Wonder what the plan is for next season, 5 props both sides seems like a lot, perhaps the two academy guys will be given 1 year development contracts to allow them to continue with Munster, the only other prop not yet signed for next season is Cronin, and I can't see him being let go?

Any inside info on props for next season, or incoming academy prospects?

We seem to be fairly well stocked, without any superstars, plenty of solid depth there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Mark Donnelly, loosehead prop looks the best bet to make the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Talk on midi olympique of fickou going to Racing....

"While Fickou could be heading to Racing, the club could be losing one of their star players with Simon Zebo nearing a return to Ireland according to Midi Olympique. Boffelli was rumoured to be Zebo's replacement at the club with recent reports suggesting that the club had changed their minds but the situation seems to have changed once again. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hi Thomond2006, thanks for the update once again, just if you are in the know, has James French fully swapped over to tight head, or does he cover both sides nowadays?
    Wonder what the plan is for next season, 5 props both sides seems like a lot, perhaps the two academy guys will be given 1 year development contracts to allow them to continue with Munster, the only other prop not yet signed for next season is Cronin, and I can't see him being let go?

Any inside info on props for next season, or incoming academy prospects?

We seem to be fairly well stocked, without any superstars, plenty of solid depth there.

I'm not in the know at all I'm afraid! That list is based on announced deals only.

Advertisement