Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭YTM

And all three players provided versatility in the back three. Can the new guy Kilgallen also play FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Rugbyf565

what happens to Mike Haley now? Zebo’s in the form of his life, undroppable at 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

No, don't think he's ever done it at any level and wouldn't suit his skill set imo. He has played some 13 for Galwegians and Connacht u19 as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What? Haley started last week. And Haley will be there next season while Zebo won't be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Maybe knowing he wasn't going to continue is one of the reasons behind that form.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sad to see Zebo is retiring, hes been playing great rugby over the last few months and seemed to have rediscovered an extra bit of speed. A munster legend and one of the best finishers we've ever had in green. He'll be sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,082 ✭✭✭✭phog

One thing that was often not commented on about Zebo was how he organised defence and coached younger players around in during a game.

Zebo gives Munster a better attacking edge than Haley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Reminds me of Ronaldinho in terms of how he always plays with a smile on his face and seems to have the ball on a string, very skillful player - a joy to watch. The game needs characters like him.

Thought he had another season to give but not to be. Hope he bows out with a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Had to really ponder on that one since I have so much time for Haley, especially in light of the run in for last year's championship.

But yeah I reckon you might still have to give it to Zeebs overall.

Best of luck to him. I'd say RTE will snap him up for analysis.

• Advertisement

Yeah he’s a real character, his career followed a similar trajectory to Jack grealish of Man City in the football in that he’s a very creative, more individualistic playmaker type but wasn’t allowed to prosper under Schmidt who played very demanding system-based rugby with no room for risk. I wonder what would have become of him if he didn’t go to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

HI all, i ll be in Tours France for the Ulster game next week, anyone know if the URC is shown in the irish bars ( it doesn't clash with a top 14 game ). Thinking of The Pale Irish pub if anyone is familiar with the area.. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

The Pale is your best bet but unsure about URC games. Have enjoyed Champions Cup games there. Maybe message them on Facebook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭theVersatile

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2024/05/22/squad-update-preparations-underway-for-ulster-at-thomond/

On the injury front, Alex Nankivell sustained an ankle injury against Edinburgh and will be unavailable for the next few weeks.

Mike Haley was removed following a head injury in the same game and is following the graduated return to play protocols.

The availability of Joey Carbery, John Hodnett and Peter O’Mahony for the Ulster clash will be determined next week.

Sounds like Nank is definitely out for Ulster, but hopefully the rest are back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

Jeez, Nanks is out for a "few weeks" with that ankle injury, according to the latest update from Munster Rugby. I suppose we have a solid replacement in SOB, but he's a loss. Hopefully he gets back for the playoffs.

"next few weeks" isn't what I wanted to hear about Nankivell's injury

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Need him back, hopefully it's just a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭YTM

Unfortunately you'd assume that's Frisch now gone this summer.

• Advertisement

Said this earlier, in a different thread & context but Casey's try v Leinster wins the Rugby Players try of the season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Didn’t realise this but TRK saying that the TMO during the Edinburgh game was the same guy who was overheard on the mic saying he couldn’t look at an incident because Austin Healy on comms had spotted it…

Saw that mentioned (possibly on MFs) earlier in the week.

Some crazy calls by him in the Edinburgh game

One of those games where neither set of supporters is happy with the TMO at the end of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

To be fair, I think the point was more that he had not spotted it nor the ref, and the comms shouldn't be instigating TMO reviews. It's a pretty invidious position to be put in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

He had spotted it but decided no action was necessary since Saracens had scored a try after the incident.

He declined to re-review it after hearing Healy's comments, which is absolutely and completely correct.

Like, hammering refs is grand when they get it wrong, but when they get it right?

Email from MRSC re match tomorrow v Spain U20s

Munster Development v Spain U20s

We are pleased to confirm that there will be an Access Munster live stream of Munster Development against Spain U20s on Friday May 24th at 2.30pm at the University of Limerick.

The Munster Development team will consist of the province’s up and coming talent from the Academy, NTS and PTS squads.

Tune in from 2:30PM on your Access Munster account to watch all of the action live.

The game will also be available to watch back on demand.

The two teams for tomorrow's game

Munster Development

15. Sam Cahill (Naas RFC)
    14. Sam Birrane (Shannon RFC)
    13. Paddy Hassett (Shannon RFC)
    12. Daithi Byrnes (Old Crescent RFC)
    11. Matt Te Pou (St Munchin’s College/Shannon RFC)
    10. Dylan Hicks (Garryowen FC)
    9. Jack Oliver (Garryowen FC)

1. Aaron McNamara (Shannon RFC)
    2. Danny Sheahan (Cork Constitution FC)
    3. Matt Burke (Shannon RFC)
    4. Padraic Galvin (UL Bohemian RFC)
    5. Conor Ryan (UCC RFC)
    6. Kamil Nowak (Cork Constitution FC)
    7. Seán Edogbo (UCC RFC)
    8. Luke Murphy (Shannon RFC)

Replacements:

16. JB du Toit (Midleton RFC)
    17. George Hadden (Garryowen FC)
    18. Kieran Ryan (Shannon RFC)
    20. Scott Gleeson (Shannon RFC)
    21. Adam Maher (Young Munster RFC)
    22. Kelvin Langan (Garryowen FC)
    23. Fionn Gibbons (Young Munster RFC)

Spain U20s

15. Robert Ponce
    14. Jaime Camarero
    13. Unax Zuriarrain
    12. Yago Fernandez
    11. Javier Guillermo
    10. Gonzalo Otamendi
    9. Nicolas Infer

1. Hugo Gonzalez
    2. David Gallego
    3. Aniol Franch
    4. Pablo Guirado
    5. Martin Serrano
    6. Nicolás Moleti
    7. Jokin Zolezzi
    8. Manex Ariceta

Replacements from: Baptiste Gualda, Alberto Gomez, Guido Reyes, Emilio Gutierrez, Antonio Gamez, Daniel Velasco, Valentino Rizzo, Miguel Ibanez, Salvador Guardiola, Hector Burke, Nicolas Gomez, Jaime Powis.

But incidents of potential foul play can still lead to cards even if a try is scored. (It's one of my bugbears that stuff, that in ordinary phase play would be carded, is occasionally overlooked if a try has been scored).

If he had said, "I don't want to review it because I've seen it and there was no foule play" - fine. But whatever way you cut it, it's not a great look.

Fwiw, I think that's all pretty fair. And I don't see what I've said that could be remotely constituted as "hammering" him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭50HX

I thought Fionn Gibbons would be starting that game. He started v the Harlequins friendly iirc

Advertisement