Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭phog

Caranica wrote: »
    I think it's relative to his time in training rather than time out from the game.

What does this even mean, in real term like, none of us really know what's happening with him or others in training. He traveled as an extra sub last weekend so he can't be a million miles from being ready yet some people are trying to imply we're rushing him back.

Surely, JvG will make the call that 's best for Joey, it may work out and then again it might not but JvG can't be accused of rushing him back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

phog wrote: »
    What does this even mean, in real term like, none of us really know what's happening with him or others in training. He traveled as an extra sub last weekend so he can't be a million miles from being ready yet some people are trying to imply we're rushing him back.

Surely, JvG will make the call that 's best for Joey, it may work out and then again it might not but JvG can't be accused of rushing him back

Squad update of 16 February says that he "is increasing his training load further as he continues to recover from his ankle injury. That's what I'm referring to, no mention of returning to full training. No mention of him at all in this week's update.

Caranica wrote: »
    Squad update of 16 February says that he "is increasing his training load further as he continues to recover from his ankle injury. That's what I'm referring to, no mention of returning to full training. No mention of him at all in this week's update.

Are you saying if the weekly comms doesn't mention he being back at full training then JvG shouldn't use him in a match squad?

I really would have thought this lies with the player himself, then the medics and then the coach to decide when he's fit to be considered for selection.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Are you saying if the weekly comms doesn't mention he being back at full training then JvG shouldn't use him in a match squad?

I really would have thought this lies with the player himself, then the medics and then the coach to decide when he's fit to be considered for selection.
    I would say that if the comms don't say that he's back in full training, then it implies that he's still increasing his work load, isn't back in full training and isn't available to play yet.

I think you may be over reacting a bit to Caranicas post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Nice stat on Cloete, he's got the most turnovers in the Pro14… 11 in 5 games. Averaging a turnover ever 26 mins. .

He was great the last day I thought, can't remember who posted it when the new laws were brought in but they said they'd suit him

• Advertisement

Looking at the ECC last 16 draw details, we'll be at home to one of Lyon, Toulouse, La Rochelle, Clermont, Bristol, Exeter, Gloucester, Toulon or Sale.

The not being able to play a team from your own league rule denies us the possibility of playing either of the two weakest teams Scarlets and Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

leakyboots wrote: »
    Nice stat on Cloete, he's got the most turnovers in the Pro14… 11 in 5 games. Averaging a turnover ever 26 mins. .

He was great the last day I thought, can't remember who posted it when the new laws were brought in but they said they'd suit him

The stat doesn't show the penalty concessions either though.

It's a fine line treaded when you look for the poach that often and Cloete gets whistled a lot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The stat doesn't show the penalty concessions either though.

It's a fine line treaded when you look for the poach that often and Cloete gets whistled a lot

The one good thing about Saturday was he got pinged early and seemed to learn from there what kind of a picture the ref was looking for and adjusted. Historically tho, he does tend to give away a few too cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Busy schedule with potentially a lot of big games coming up

Last game of the 6Ns : W/E of March 20th
    Potential Pro14 final : W/E of March 27th
    Last 16 Champions Cup: W/E of April 3rd
    Potential 1/4 Final Champions Cup: W/E of April 10th
    1st game of Rainbow cup: W/E of April 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

aloooof wrote: »
    The one good thing about Saturday was he got pinged early and seemed to learn from there what kind of a picture the ref was looking for and adjusted. Historically tho, he does tend to give away a few too cheaply.

And that first penalty was a joke, the player went into a squeeze ball position first and Cloete got his arms around him onto the ball then the player turned on the floor and the ref penalised Cloete to grabbing the player first instead of the ball. Nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

IT reporting Carbery could be on the bench tomorrow for Munster.

IT reporting Carbery could be on the bench tomorrow for Munster.

Without a few more squad updates with Joey being mentioned as being back at training, back at full training, performing well in training, etc then I hope not or this place could go melt down.

Without a few more squad updates with Joey being mentioned as being back at training, back at full training, performing well in training, etc then I hope not or this place could go melt down.
    Ah will you cop on. You totally over reacted to a nothing post and now you're just being petty.

Ah will you cop on. You totally over reacted to a nothing post and now you're just being petty.

I think the overreaction was people complaining about Joey being rushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You're arguing with nobody phog.

You're arguing with nobody phog.

You're dead right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

He is on the bench Tomo, that's a given... hopefully he gets a few mins when we're coasting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think the overreaction was people complaining about Joey being rushed back

No post on this thread did that.

Anyway, it's great news. Hopefully Carbery can have some good luck after a tough run in the last 18 or so months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What a rubbish post. It's great news for Munster/Ireland that he's on the way back.

What a rubbish post. It's great news for Munster/Ireland that he's on the way back.

I agree it's great news, I'm not the one that was saying he shouldn't be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I ended up watching a reel of Joey's involvements vs Gloucester in Champions Cup a few weeks back (thanks YouTube recommendations). Here's hoping he's fit and firing, and gets to have a good long injury-free run!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭nerd69

I agree it's great news, I'm not the one that was saying he shouldn't be back.

Who said he shouldn't be back?

nerd69 wrote: »
    Nobody did. He won't admit he overreacted to a post that he though said that.

nerd69 wrote: »

They might not have said he shouldn't be back but he shouldn't be rushed back or at least not until we get squad updates on how he's getting on in training. Apparently, the last one wasn't good enough (for fans) to clear him for playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭nerd69

They might not have said he shouldn't be back but he shouldn't be rushed back or at least not until we get squad updates on how he's getting on in training. Apparently, the last one wasn't good enough (for fans) to clear him for playing

Ok he shouldn't be rushed back is a completely fair comment and if the team feel he's good to go then that's that. Would you mind linking the comment in question as I don't recall anything particular agregous with regards saying don't play him

He's on the bench, that's confirmed...are we looking at Farrell wanting him in the Ireland squad for Scotland?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-cardiff-blues-3/

Have to admit I was hoping that Ethan Coughlan would get a bench spot but delighted to see Joey back

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Rory Scannell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Nick McCarthy; James Cronin, Kevin O’Byrne, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), Chris Cloete, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Liam O’Connor, Roman Salanoa, Billy Holland, Gavin Coombes, Paddy Patterson, Joey Carbery, Darren Sweetnam.

Delighted to see Jack O'Sullivan getting a start this weekend also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Great to see Joey back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Munster A team to play Ulster in Donnybrook tomorrow
    Jake Flannery; Seán French, Liam Coombes, Alex McHenry, Conor Phillips; Jack Crowley, Ethan Coughlan; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Keynan Knox; Cian Hurley, Paddy Kelly; Jack Daly, Scott Buckley, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Paddy Patterson, Jonathan Wren.

Advertisement