Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Months ago? I heard Stander tell that story 3 or 4 years ago.

My point was that it was written about recently. Story is from 2012 so I'd expect it's been told a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Joey traveled with the squad and took part in the warm up.

Maybe see him on the bench next week or against Connacht?

Hopefully he can hit the ground running and start putting together some decent few minutes.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Joey traveled with the squad and took part in the warm up.

Maybe see him on the bench next week or against Connacht?

Hopefully he can hit the ground running and start putting together some decent few minutes.

Hopefully not, he's not even in full training yet. The last thing we should do is rush his return back after giving him all this time. I'd be happy to see him back for the Rainbow Cup if that's what it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

mun1 wrote: »
    Surprised to see the scannells and Nash getting 2 year deals . Surely all must have taken large cuts

Rory is lucky that there’s not much depth behind De Allende, can see why Munster are looking at Crowley and Flannery at 12 with the backlog at out half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭theVersatile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Billy has been considering his future since last year, he'll most likely sign on for one more season.
    Tommy will probably leave, he's fallen down the pecking order and will be 34 in a few months, makes sense for both parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's probably time for both players. Snyman will hopefully be back from injury and Ahern is set to be promoted to the senior squad. Likewise in the backrow Hodnett should be back from injury.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/02/23/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-cardiff-blues-trip/
    The Munster squad are continuing their preparations at the HPC ahead of Friday night’s Guinness PRO14 clash against Cardiff Blues at the Arms Park (8pm).
    See what’s coming up this week at Munster Rugby here. Read about our new #JerseysOfMunster initiative here.

In player news, Craig Casey, Andrew Conway, Shane Daly and Chris Farrell rejoined the Ireland camp on Monday having featured in Saturday’s victory over Edinburgh.

Liam Coombes completed his return-to-play protocols last week and is available for selection.

Continuing to rehab: Dan Goggin (hand), Matt Gallagher (shoulder), Neil Cronin (knee), RG Snyman (knee).

JOEY CARBERY IS OFFICALLY OFF THE REHAB LIST!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

JOEY CARBERY IS OFFICALLY OFF THE REHAB LIST!

but for how long..

bayern wrote: »
    but for how long..

28b50f7702f9f66c4fe0bc541ae4874d.gif

• Advertisement

but for how long..

you can take your negativity and shove it :pac: :pac:

Both Munster and Ireland could really do with him getting some minutes in and building back up to where he was or where he could be.

Positive thoughts only :D

You'd expect heavy rotation for Friday given the fixture list. It will need to be strongest available against Connacht and if Munster win they can rotate against Scarlets and Benetton. I'd imagine no mention of Carbery means he's not back in full training yet.

Fri 26 Feb Cardiff (A)
    Fri 5 Mar Connacht (H)
    Fri 12 Mar Scarlets (H)
    Fri 19 Mar Benetton (H)
    Sat 27 Mar Pro14 Final

You'd expect heavy rotation for Friday given the fixture list. It will need to be strongest available against Connacht and then we're free to rotate against Scarlets and Benetton. I'd imagine no mention of Carbery means he's not back in full training yet.

Fri 26 Feb Cardiff (A)
    Fri 5 Mar Connacht (H)
    Fri 12 Mar Scarlets (H)
    Fri 19 Mar Benetton (H)
    Sat 27 Mar Pro14 Final

I reckon full strength as possible this week and next. They are just after a few weeks break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Beat Cardiff & Connacht and that's job done...2 games then to maybe give the younger players like Ahern proper gametime and maybe give Joey a run-out also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You'd expect heavy rotation for Friday given the fixture list. It will need to be strongest available against Connacht and if Munster win they can rotate against Scarlets and Benetton. I'd imagine no mention of Carbery means he's not back in full training yet.

Fri 26 Feb Cardiff (A)
    Fri 5 Mar Connacht (H)
    Fri 12 Mar Scarlets (H)
    Fri 19 Mar Benetton (H)
    Sat 27 Mar Pro14 Final
    I'd disagree. I'd expect it to be similar to last weeks side and the same again against Connacht. Two wins and top spot is guaranteed. Then there'll be rotation.

I'd disagree. I'd expect it to be similar to last weeks side and the same again against Connacht. Two wins and top spot is guaranteed. Then there'll be rotation.

Fair point. Maybe not heavy rotation but I'd still expect to see a few changes. Perhaps against Benetton you'd rather see the first choice side minus the internationals who will come back in for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭phog

but for how long..

Why like?

Increase post count?

LOC was on the presser today so he'll be involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

but for how long..

I thought you'd be happy with that news, bayern? When he's back it'll count towards the non-Munster born players in the 23 you'll be able to tell us about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He wasn't on last weeks one either.......

• Advertisement

He wasn't on last weeks one either.......

Tue, but as he was specifically called out as "increasing Training load" last week it wasn't clear if he was left off the continuing rehab list because he was referred to earlier in the article or because he was off the list entirely.

This is the first time he has been not referred to directly in the article or in the "continuing rehab" list since he went out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Man's had extremely limited rugby in the last 3 or so years. Let's chill a bit on the hype and let him get back slowly. I'd be surprised if he comes back full whack day one

Noone is calling for him to be the starting 10 Tomorrow.

Get minutes under his belt and build.
    That's what we hope for.

I think it's only natural for supports to be excited about the prospect of one their provinces best players getting back on the field

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Noone is calling for him to be the starting 10 Tomorrow.

Get minutes under his belt and build.
    That's what we hope for.

I think it's only natural for supports to be excited about the prospect of one their provinces best players getting back on the field

Ah that Noone is some messer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭phog

What exactly are people saying when they say don't rush Joey back? He's been out for ages, if we don't give him game time shortly then we're at season's end, throw him in there or wait for next season? If waiting until next season then when do we introduce him back to playing?

Whatever we do, we can't be accused of rushing him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If Munster play him soon I will accuse them of rushing him back.

If Munster don’t play him until next season I will say they’re ruining his career by wrapping him in cotton wool and not letting him develop.

That is my right as an internet rugby fan.

phog wrote: »
    What exactly are people saying when they say don't rush Joey back? He's been out for ages, if we don't give him game time shortly then we're at season's end, throw him in there or wait for next season? If waiting until next season then when do we introduce him back to playing?

Whatever we do, we can't be accused of rushing him back.

I think it's relative to his time in training rather than time out from the game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This notion of "people calling for......." is quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CONSI

If he is showing the right things in training then I think we give him some game time. I dont agree with giving him game time just because he's joey and we need him back...that isnt fair on JJ and Ben who have done well this year...but if Joey is showing all the right things in training and showing the right levels of ability then give him 20/25 mins at the end of a game...my big concern is that with sexton now talking about maybe 1 more year and Joeys contract being 1 more year do we see him getting fit and going back to Leinster in prep for world cup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

CONSI wrote: »
    If he is showing the right things in training then I think we give him some game time. I dont agree with giving him game time just because he's joey and we need him back...that isnt fair on JJ and Ben who have done well this year...but if Joey is showing all the right things in training and showing the right levels of ability then give him 20/25 mins at the end of a game...my big concern is that with sexton now talking about maybe 1 more year and Joeys contract being 1 more year do we see him getting fit and going back to Leinster in prep for world cup

I can't really see it.

If Carbery went to Leinster then one of the Byrnes misses out , which doesn't make sense in terms of player development

Assuming everybody is fit then the best solution from an Irish viewpoint post Sexton would be the Byrne brothers battling for the jersey in Leinster (with maybe Frawley or Hawkshaw making a case , but they both might be better 12's longer term) and Carbery/Healy doing the same in Munster with Crowley putting his hand up as well.

Advertisement