Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily bets, Banter and Accumulators thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

Hesitant to bet on Salzburg games since the departures, but they should be good for a goal. I'd probably go BTTS and +2.5 on that one. More due to lack of knowledge to predict a winner though.

Relax, I'm a pro with the Austrian stuff, g'day mate :(

Watched highlights of Rangers last night. Morelos had 3 or 4 decent chances, best of which when from just 5 yards out he headed onto the crossbar and ball bounced just on the goal line. Still happy went with that as he should be scoring against the bottom team at home.

Stevie G should have resigned today. Only 2nd time in 96 years Hamilton won there. I suspect Gerrard will leave after Rangers exit in the Europa League

Let it go man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Dont fancy anything tonight. Will work on the weekends bet later. Wonder what price Morelos is to score haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Went for a United/Feyernoord double at 2.02 (aftertiming - yay!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dont fancy anything tonight. Will work on the weekends bet later. Wonder what price Morelos is to score haha?

Away to Ross Co., he's 1.66. 1.83 with a Rangers win.

Curious to know what the odds on him to score adn get carded are? Bet365 don't offer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

An anytime goalscorer bet at odds on is a serious bad bet... there's very few players in the world, that there would be any profit backing as such.

I'd hazard a guess Morelos is not one of them. I wouldn't touch a player at 4/6 to find the net if I found money on the street.

It's a Bookies market in my opinion.

jbt123 wrote: »
    An anytime goalscorer bet at odds on is a serious bad bet... there's very few players in the world, that there would be any profit backing as such.

I'd hazard a guess Morelos is not one of them. I wouldn't touch a player at 4/6 to find the net if I found money on the street.

Yes i agree. First and last time ill ever do a bet on a goalscorer. Betting over 25 years and cant remember doing it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jbt123 wrote: »

I wouldn't back messi at 4/6 dabbled in that market and only
    lost long term

look at the weekend fixtures
    salah 8/13 v bourn
    vardy 4/5 v villa 1 goal this year
    auba 8/13 v wham
    ings 4/5 v newc 2 goals in his last 8 matches
    aguero 5/6 away to utd :pac: blanked in his last 4 league matches

some of these are scandalous value especially ings, vardy and aguero for me....lets see how they get on

out of that lot I'd really fancy auba to score, salah possibly and are priced accordingly but wouldn't touch the rest especially odds on

odds on anytime scorer weren't always this poor on value iirc

mailburner wrote: »
    lost long term

salah 8/13 v bourn
    auba 8/13 v wham

some of these are scandalous value especially ings, vardy and aguero for me....lets see how they get on

out of that lot I'd really fancy auba to score, salah possibly and are priced accordingly but wouldn't touch the rest especially odds on

Odds are pure dirt to be fair. What about both teams to score odds they are gone miserly last few years. Saw one match was 1/3 both to score its a joke. It's getting harder to win a football bet. I only do even money or 2/1 bets and find that difficult to win so must be near impossible for these long odds accumulators. Cant beat pitting ypur wits against the bookies and winning a nice bet though.

Odds are pure dirt to be fair. What about both teams to score odds they are gone miserly last few years. Saw one match was 1/3 both to score its a joke. It's getting harder to win a football bet. I only do even money or 2/1 bets and find that difficult to win so must be near impossible for these long odds accumulators. Cant beat pitting ypur wits against the bookies and winning a nice bet though.

used to be easier or maybe I just watched too much football and was more clued in
    The odds imo are definitely stingier on certain markets

I don't bet much anymore but instead I just throw 50 on something I like every few weeks and end up spending a lot less than I used to with all those tenner bets

barca was the last 50 bet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

mailburner wrote: »
    lost long term

salah 8/13 v bourn
    auba 8/13 v wham

I remember when Ronaldo was banging them in for utd he was 7/4 or 6/4 @ home to Portsmouth , that time he scored the free kick. Think the bookies were only starting this market around that time. Remember making a fair few quid on Ronaldo that season

rekluse wrote: »
    I remember when Ronaldo was banging them in for utd he was 7/4 or 6/4 @ home to Portsmouth , that time he scored the free kick. Think the bookies were only starting this market around that time. Remember making a fair few quid on Ronaldo that season

or when suarez assisted in so many consecutive games for liverpool
    price never really dropped that much and a lot of us were on it every week here

iirc we were gettting 3s every week with it nearly always better than 2s

I think it was only boyles that were offering that market at the time and they pulled it after one or two bad seasons for them

Troyes v Paris fc over 2.5 1st half goals
    Bohs v shelbourne correct score 1-1
    Cabinteely v Rovers reserves correct score 2-1
    Nottingham forest v Millwall over 2.5 goals

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

eireyiddo wrote: »
    Troyes v Paris fc over 2.5 1st half goals
    Bohs v shelbourne correct score 1-1
    Cabinteely v Rovers reserves correct score 2-1
    Nottingham forest v Millwall over 2.5 goals

Good luck

Your not looking for much . Lol

Bohs shels draw . Pats and Galway win . Just under 8 to 1 . My bet for tonight .

spurshero wrote: »
    Bohs shels draw . Pats and Galway win . Just under 8 to 1 . My bet for tonight .

I'd steer clear of pats. Just dunno where the goals are coming from. Think cork could get a point at least there

What's the craic with the Right Said Fred tribute act officiating the Bohs v Shels game? Not a single hair on any of the three of them. To see the hairless heads together before match was hilarious.

What's the craic with the Right Said Fred tribute act officiating the Bohs v Shels game? Not a single hair on any of the three of them. To see the hairless heads together before match was hilarious.

Your oddly satisfied

Your oddly satisfied

Never saw the likes before at a match i must say. 3 Humpty Dumpties egg heads fresh from the barber salon. Even the commentator mentioned it and laughed.

Bohs have been awful. Shels playing all the football and should be ahead. Bohs going nowhere this year imo.

• Advertisement

I'd steer clear of pats. Just dunno where the goals are coming from. Think cork could get a point at least there

Cheers just seen it now . You could be right as they haven’t scored yet

Pats 10 attempts to Corks one. Five on target to zero on target.

50 mins and Bohs zero on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

BTTS bets are no value at all either just like Anytime Goalscorer bets.

Over 1.5 goals all the way

Andrew00 wrote: »
    BTTS bets are no value at all either just like Anytime Goalscorer bets.

Over 1.5 goals all the way

But the odds are very short on over 1.5g. You need a pile of matches to get 2/1 or more.

Goal Bohs against run of play. My bet still alive.

Kilduff no good.

Forest not scoring and a late Amiens goal scuppered my 20/1 bet. No pressure with 2e on it.

Will do 100e even bet tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Skybet treble of Wolves, Leeds and take your pick on the Sheff U v Norwich game.

Wolves, Leeds & Sheff U @ 9/2 with best price @ <3/1
    Wolves, Leeds & Draw @ 9/1 with best price @ <17/2
    Wolves, Leeds & Norwich @ 14/1 with best price >12/1

At level stakes on all three perms it's a Wolves/Leeds double @ 5/6 which is short considering best price is <7/5 but there is potential for this to pay >23/10 or even 4/1 (averages out @ <12/5) if Sheff U don't win so with the hope that Norwich have hit a bit of form after their last two wins and can pick up some points I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys is it just me or there's no stats like corners on soccerway anymore?

Advertisement