Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

jmreire wrote: »
    So like it or not...he is as Irish as you or me.
    No he is not.
    Anyway if your mother or father is fully Irish (born and raised) then you have automatic entitlement to Irish citizenship.
    But if it was your grandmother, then the entitlement is not automatic. You may get Irish citizenship. Lindh's case is a fairly clear cut situation where it should have been refused IMO.
    It should be revoked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Why did we give him citizenship then? Our laws seem to be very generous. Why are we taking other country’s lunatics as citizens?

Because it wouldn't be progressive to say no, would it?

And one more bum in the country means another person to rent / tax. ;)

Because it wouldn't be progressive to say no, would it?

And one more bum in the country means another person to rent / tax. ;)

Very true. "Progressive" seems to have been redefined as throwing all caution to the wind, as well as ignoring the effects of particular policies in other Countries "Because we're different!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Well this will start to shake things up around some parts...

Iraq sentences French citizens to death for IS membership
    The French citizens are accused of belonging to IS, being accomplices to its crimes and threatening the security of Iraq.
    France has so far refused to take back IS fighters and their wives, who are described by the country's foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian as "enemies" of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

recedite wrote: »
    No he is not.
    Anyway if your mother or father is fully Irish (born and raised) then you have automatic entitlement to Irish citizenship.
    But if it was your grandmother, then the entitlement is not automatic. You may get Irish citizenship. Lindh's case is a fairly clear cut situation where it should have been refused IMO.
    It should be revoked now.

Yes, would love to know what genius approved that. The individual should be removed from any decision making position.

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Well this will start to shake things up around some parts...
    Iraq sentences French citizens to death for IS membership
    Hmmm... no sign of the French govt. sending a diplomatic mission to "bring them home". Not even a mild tut-tutting noise directed at the Iraqis.
    You might even suspect the French govt. were in on it.

Its a far cry from Coveney's pious announcement last month that he would bring our terrorist back.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

I think that part is of ISIS success with recruiting muslims from the Western countries. They think that because they have passports from Australia, UK, France, US, and Canada that they can always just leave or have some sort of immunity.

What I care about is that Islamic jihadists that happen to hold European passports get what they ****ing deserve which is a bullet to the cranium or a drop from the gallows and that makes me happy. I'm tired of hearing from soft cock crybabies that want European ISIS members repatriated to Europe for ****ing what? So they can chill in European prison cells which are more comfortable than your average home in butt****istan? They do not deserve such a privilege for the evil that they have been a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I think that part is of ISIS success with recruiting muslims from the Western countries. They think that because they have passports from Australia, UK, France, US, and Canada that they can always just leave or have some sort of immunity.

What I care about is that Islamic jihadists that happen to hold European passports get what they ****ing deserve which is a bullet to the cranium or a drop from the gallows and that makes me happy. I'm tired of hearing from soft cock crybabies that want European ISIS members repatriated to Europe for ****ing what? So they can chill in European prison cells which are more comfortable than your average home in butt****istan? They do not deserve such a privilege for the evil that they have been a part of.

These guys were so cock sure of themselves, didn't they stand on a beach and point across the Med and said they'd conquer rome before they murdered Christians.

Only recently I read they were planning on destroying the stone in Mecca because it was akin to polytheism worshipping a stone instead of Allah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

A gentle reminder of what ISIS get up to

These are the people Leo, FG and all the liberals think we need to show 'compassion' to and 'bring home'

Screen-Shot-2019-05-28-at-13-59-40.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A gentle reminder of what ISIS get up to

These are the people Leo, FG and all the liberals think we need to show 'compassion' to and 'bring home'

really? i don't think anyone mentioned compassion?
    i think the reason the liberals believe the west have to take back their terrorist citizens is simply because western people would be rightly up in arms if those countries refused to take back citizens of theirs when western countries were deporting them.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

really? i don't think anyone mentioned compassion?
    i think the reason the liberals believe the west have to take back their terrorist citizens is simply because western people would be rightly up in arms if those countries refused to take back citizens of theirs when western countries were deporting them.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-28-at-14-24-12.png

The reality is that these people, Raped countless children, sold them on to be repeatedly raped, then often doused them in petrol and burned them alive...children

They also murdered thousands, beheaded countless people whilst alive..should I go on?

The 'liberals' can engage in as much mental gymnastics as they like and rationalise to their hearts content....if you support the bringing of these people back then your sense of Morality is rotten to the core and entirely redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The reality is that these people, Raped countless children, sold them on to be repeatedly raped, then often doused them in petrol and burned them alive...children

They also murdered thousands, beheaded countless people whilst alive..should I go on?

The 'liberals' can engage in as much mental gymnastics as they like and rationalise to their hearts content....if you support the bringing of these people back then your sense of Morality is rotten to the core and entirely redundant.

Anyone that says returning ISIL Scum should be treated with compassion needs to be committed and clinically assessed as they obviously have serious mental health issues.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/4040422/lisa-smith-late-late-show-interview/

I can't imagine how they would think this would help. Surely the best thing would be to stay as quiet as possible - difficult in a small town I know.

i am well aware of what isis did thanks.
    like i said, if the west all decided not to take back it's isis members or any other individuals then other countries could do the exact same to us. so we would not be able to deport people back to their country.

that would put the world in caoss. the best that can be done now is a serious learning from this and subsiquent laws to prevent people from going to join these groups with prison sentences upon their return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

like i said, if the west all decided not to take back it's isis members or any other individuals then other countries could do the exact same to us. so we would not be able to deport people back to their country.

that would put the world in caoss. the best that can be done now is a serious learning from this and subsiquent laws to prevent people from going to join these groups with prison sentences upon their return.

ISIS isn't a country. She's in Syria when ISIS are finally beaten and if she's still alive she'd most likely be executed by the Syrian government which would be what she deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stephen15 wrote: »
    ISIS isn't a country. She's in Syria when ISIS are finally beaten and if she's still alive she'd most likely be executed by the Syrian government which would be what she deserves.

She is well down the list of those likely to be executed by the syrians.

ISIS isn't a country.

yes correct, i am well aware of that.
    She's in Syria when ISIS are finally beaten and if she's still alive she'd most likely be executed by the Syrian government which would be what she deserves.

i think the syrians will go for the big guns rather then the rabbel, and it will probably be their own and others from the middle east and not other foreign nationals unless there is a very good reason.
    smith would be way down on their list i would imagine, if she is even on it. i think the syrians would rather just get rid of as many of the non-middle eastern foreigners as possible rather then even bother trying them.

France apparently "stepping up efforts" to stop French jihadis being executed in Iraq, as 2 more get the death sentence (making it 6 now)
    "We are increasing the steps to avoid the death penalty for these four French citizens," Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told France Inter radio on Tuesday.
    "We are opposed to the death penalty... I myself reminded the president of Iraq, President (Barham) Saleh, of our position," (the foreign minister) said, without giving further details.

At the same time, the French are refusing to allow them to come back.
    France has long insisted that its adult citizens captured in Iraq or Syria must face trial locally, refusing to repatriate them despite the risk they face capital punishment for waging their extremist war in the region.

Le Drian reaffirmed France's refusal to accept any repatriations of its nationals affiliated with ISIS.

The French could give lessons in "how to have your cake and eat it".
    I think these diplomatic efforts to save the French jihadis from execution have all the energy and enthusiasm of a tortoise with a hangover.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

yep, must have been an extensive game of "who picks the short straw" to decide who had to make that statement about not wanting those ***** executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/4040422/lisa-smith-late-late-show-interview/

I can't imagine how they would think this would help. Surely the best thing would be to stay as quiet as possible - difficult in a small town I know.
    Literally half the country has been making the late late show joke since news of the ISIS bride broke. Is the Late Late show now some sort of confession box?
    Says three I'm sorry's
    One I didn't know what I was doing
    Sobs and declares herself a vulnerable woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Karma, What did they expect the outcome would be,
    I think they are sending the women and children back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

On a slightly more optimistic note, our other Irish isis member, Bekmirsaev, presently imprisoned in Syria, is under close scrutiny by Irish Immigration Authorities concerning false information he gave when applying for Citizenship. Seem's that he was less than truthful, and there is now a good chance that his Citizenship will be revoked. On a less optimistic note, seem's that the Gardai were aware that a total of 30 people from Ireland left to join isis. Most are now dead, but it's thought that there are 6 still out there, ( Lisa and Bekmirsaev being 2 ) with the whereabouts of the other 4 unknown at this point.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/europe/2019-06-06/jihadists-head-home

Every combatant that engaged in a public act of renouncing of their national allegiance should not be allowed to return, unless they'd become stateless. In any occasion, everyone who would be allowed in should be persecuted as a defecting soldier.

Due to pro mass immigration NGO we effectively can't deport people as is.

Besides that, what we are discussing here WRT the ISIS sex tourism bride, is similar to say an Iranian coming to Ireland, commiting crimes here, then Iran says they want to bring him back home and reeducate him.
    I seriously doubt our government would allow this, let alone the aforementioned NGO.

Due to pro mass immigration NGO we effectively can't deport people as is.

we can and we do deport people.
    Besides that, what we are discussing here WRT the ISIS sex tourism bride, is similar to say an Iranian coming to Ireland, commiting crimes here, then Iran says they want to bring him back home and reeducate him.
    I seriously doubt our government would allow this, let alone the aforementioned NGO.

it would still be iran taking back their criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

As the law presently stands, no matter what atrocities isis ( including Irish member's) have committed, these crimes have not been committed in Ireland, no Irish Laws have been broken, so as Irish Citizens, they are entitled to come home. The sooner Irish Law is changed to take into account crimes committed in relation to terrorist activities oversea's by Irish Citizen's, the better. Because this will not be the last time we will have this situation arising.

While 736 deportation orders have been made so far in 2018, only 133 people had been removed from the country by October. In 2017, 140 of the 932 people who received deportation orders were removed from the State. In 2016, just over a third of the 1,196 people who received orders to leave were deported.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/less-than-a-fifth-of-deportation-orders-carried-out-1.3680876

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://twitter.com/HaraldDoornbos/status/1138007261069156352

Text in Dutch, the video is English spoken.

It is about 2 "Dutch" and 12 "French" orphans being handed over to some delegation in order to bring them to Holland and France.

The "Dutch" kids are 2 and 4.
    Dont for a second think these kids can not be ****ed up already

Those 2 "Dutch" kids are the product of a Dutch Amtilian converted woman and a "Belgium" father.
    Mother died last january, the father a while before that.

"I am proud to be part of a mission to bring back home very young children"
    Not quite true though is it. Its political-speak (lies).
    Syrian kids, born in Syria, and have never been outside Syria before.
    One dead parent had a European passport, which they repudiated and burned before being martyred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

recedite wrote: »
    "I am proud to be part of a mission to bring back home very young children"
    Not quite true though is it. Its political-speak (lies).
    Syrian kids, born in Syria, and have never been outside Syria before.
    One dead parent had a European passport, which they repudiated and burned before being martyred.

if their parents were dutch or french citizens so are the kids so it is quite true. Burning a passport is symbolic, nothing more. Its a piece of paper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement