Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

jmreire wrote: »
    If ( and it's big IF.. wishfull thinking ) the US had minded it's own business when the Russians were in Afghanistan,,, the whole world would be in a different place. But...after the drubbing the US got in Vietnam ( which Russia helped to inflict ) the opportunity to even the score was too much to pass up on. So as Russia had helped the Vietnamese, so the US helped the Muhajideen ( not Taliban at this point ) via Pakistan ( playing the same game as Russia did in Vietnam ) The result was Russia had to leave Afghanistan.....and mayhem ensued....different factions fought each other for control, and this continued until the arrival of the Taliban from the Pakistani Madrassa's. In the beginning, they were welcomed with open arms, as they stopped the fighting. But then they started to show their true colours with a very fundamentalist version of Islam...and the rest is History......but Imagine, if the Russians had been left in Afghanistan, what the world would have looked like now?

It is a very interesting point and definitely has a lot of credence. It could be similarly argued that if Sadam Hussein had remained in power, then ISIS would not have come to the fore. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rt.com/news/370696-hussein-removal-mistake-isis/amp/

The West has literally no clue about the effects it has on Islamic nations. Every time it gets involved it causes a butterfly effect that we are only beginning to see the ramifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

joeguevara wrote: »
    It is a very interesting point and definitely has a lot of credence. It could be similarly argued that if Sadam Hussein had remained in power, then ISIS would not have come to the fore. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rt.com/news/370696-hussein-removal-mistake-isis/amp/

The West has literally no clue about the effects it has on Islamic nations. Every time it gets involved it causes a butterfly effect that we are only beginning to see the ramifications.

Definitely !!! Same thing with Qaddafi in Libya....In one sense, now it become's easier to understand Obama's decision not to react after Assad crossed his Chemical Weapons "Red Line". He could have easily imposed " no-fly " zones over any part of Syria, but he did not. Had he done so,,, it would have meant the end of the Assad Government. But then having seen what had happened in Libya and Iraq, maybe that's why he did not react to the chemical weapons "Red Line". But as a side effect of that...Russia stepped in ( largely because they saw the non-reaction of the US as a signal that the Americans were not going to contest the future of Syria, and get involved in another long running middle east war. And so it has proved. So while technically speaking, the chaos which reigns in Iraq, and in Libya ( presently major civil war starting there ) is not happening in Syria. But having said that...it's future is far from certain, with so many international "Actor's" all playing on the Syrian stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

joeguevara wrote: »

How many EU politicians and NATO generals are in the dock over 100's of EU citizens killed at home by NATO grown terrorists? None, and that how much they care, because they don't have to care

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How many EU politicians and NATO generals are in the dock over 100's of EU citizens killed at home by NATO grown terrorists? None, and that how much they care, because they don't have to care

Sorry please explain this to me. I really have no clue what you are on about. What are NATO terrorists?

Sorry please explain this to me. I really have no clue what you are on about. What are NATO terrorists?
    I am referring to Jihadist who received training and armaments in Syria Libya Kosovo etc in terrorist tactics by official NATO forces. They then returned and killed EU citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

"Nato-grown" was mentioned.
    The early Rambo movies are sad but funny to watch, in hindsight. Sylvester Stallone joins the Mujahideen. Does he even bring them some SAM missiles?

The clue is in the name... nowadays we all understand what the jihad bit in the middle means. Men of Jihad is what the whole word means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

https://www.irishpost.com/news/isis-bride-lisa-smith-late-late-show-166309?fbclid=IwAR3rFMbSgA_TG5lNepR4T2nnF79Ex5s0IVAI9QvVSqB966qcYo8sXT-ua_s

What can you say.
    RTE lining up that rotten bitch for an interview on the Late Late Show.
    It's getting beyond a joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

I hope TUSLA remove that child from her when she returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

mgn wrote: »
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/isis-bride-lisa-smith-late-late-show-166309?fbclid=IwAR3rFMbSgA_TG5lNepR4T2nnF79Ex5s0IVAI9QvVSqB966qcYo8sXT-ua_s

What can you say.
    RTE lining up that rotten bitch for an interview on the Lathopre Late Show.

I ****ing hate the bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

What can you say.

Make sure to observe Tubridys tone with her compared to someone like Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If she does get back. I hope her child is take away from her and her family. For the child’s sake. Or they will be forever bullied as the child of isis.

Then I would like to see her life made so that she would regret ever coming back.

What can you say.

Well, it will probably come to pass that she will return....but personally, I will believe it when I see it. Getting out of Al-Hawl is not so simple as it seem's, even through official channels . And she does not now have any back-door options via Turkey or Jordan, which presumably were her entry route.. even assuming she made it out of Al-Hawl under her own steam.

Well, it will probably come to pass that she will return....but personally, I will believe it when I see it. Getting out of Al-Hawl is not so simple as it seem's, even through official channels . And she does not now have any back-door options via Turkey or Jordan, which presumably were her entry route.. even assuming she made it out of Al-Hawl under her own steam.

And i personally hope she never makes it out.
    Let her rot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

What can you say.

Sickening but bad and all as RTE are I cant see them touching this. Why the fuq should they or anyone else help her return 'go as smoothly as possible?

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Sickening but bad and all as RTE are I cant see them touching this. Why the fuq should they or anyone else help her return 'go as smoothly as possible?

The tried to do it with Halawa but it backfired on them.RTE still loves the sob story.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And i personally hope she never makes it out.
    Let her rot there.

the letting her rot there ship has sailed.
    i think that what happens upon her return is what we should be concerned about now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the letting her rot there ship has sailed.
    i think that what happens upon her return is what we should be concerned about now.

We all know what will happen,absolutely nothing because no one has the balls to call it what it is.

We all know what will happen,absolutely nothing because no one has the balls to call it what it is.
    how do you mean?
    nobody has got the balls to call what as it is?

how do you mean?
    nobody has got the balls to call what as it is?

She joined one of the most brutal organisations the world has seen in a long time.She is a terrorist and should treated like one.
    Is that good enough for you.

JPCN1 wrote: »

Sure they will touch it, they are hungry for it !!!! Its news.....Big News. Imagine the headlines " Irish ISIS Jihadi Bride return's home from war torn Syria" The ratings will go through the roof. Newspapers will be fighting each other for the " Exclusive Right's.. Lisa tell's her story, " Only in the Daily Blah Blah .
    Unless of course, Lisa decides NOT to tell her story. ( But that would be another story..in it's own right )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭malinheader

Sure they will touch it, they are hungry for it !!!! Its news.....Big News. Imagine the headlines " Irish ISIS Jihadi Bride return's home from war torn Syria" The ratings will go through the roof. Newspapers will be fighting each other for the " Exclusive Right's.. Lisa tell's her story, " Only in the Daily Blah Blah .
    Unless of course, Lisa decides NOT to tell her story. ( But that would be another story..in it's own right )

Agree. She definitely won't be telling us the real story or how involved she was.

Agree. She definitely won't be telling us the real story or how involved she was.

For sure she will not be telling the full story.
    Interviewer: So Lisa, Welcome to the show, and great to have you back home safe and sound. Now tell us, what was it REALLY like with ISIS?
    Lisa:- It was a War you know, but I was not involved in any of that...I was just an ordinary isis house wife, minding the house and kids... no different from a Dublin housewife, really.
    Interviewer: But Lisa, all these terrible terrible things we saw on TV, the Beheadings, Burnings, Raping...what about them?
    Lisa: I have been advised by my Legal Team not to make any statements on any questions like that. No Comment
    And there you have it !!!

She joined one of the most brutal organisations the world has seen in a long time.She is a terrorist and should treated like one.
    Is that good enough for you.

if that is what you are talking about then nearly everyone either in this thread or other places i have had a look myself, has called it as it is, as is quite right. however some of us do understand that things may not be as simple to make happen as we would like.

if that is what you are talking about then nearly everyone either in this thread or other places i have had a look myself, has called it as it is, as is quite right. however some of us do understand that things may not be as simple to make happen as we would like.

Now if the Government was thinking ahead.....( I know, I know...:o :o ) They would get their act together,and make laws to make it illegal to go abroad and join any organisation like isis, which is a threat to our way of life. Before we have Lisa or Paddy isis mK2.

Well i think it's time to bring in some new laws to make it happen so.

Now if the Government was thinking ahead.....( I know, I know...redface.pngredface.png ) They would get their act together,and make laws to make it illegal to go abroad and join any organisation like isis, which is a threat to our way of life. Before we have Lisa or Paddy isis mK2.

yes i completely agree and the fact this hasn't been done already is quite serious business. we have had plenty of time to do it as well given isis have been around since 2010/11 and other groups before hand. there were and are no excuses for ireland to not have prepared.

yes i completely agree and the fact this hasn't been done already is quite serious business. we have had plenty of time to do it as well given isis have been around since 2010/11 and other groups before hand. there were and are no excuses for ireland to not have prepared.tbh.
    Especially given that there was a lad who went to Syria to blow himself up and had been for years preaching the religion of peace things... another fella went to fight with the freedom fighters in Libya before this.
    How many Irish islamic terrorists have been travelling around with no reaction from the gov? After the lad from Bosnia went round my estate burning cars including a lovely Ferarri because "allah told him to do it" at least the cops asked me to keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Especially given that there was a lad who went to Syria to blow himself up and had been for years preaching the religion of peace things... another fella went to fight with the freedom fighters in Libya before this.
    How many Irish islamic terrorists have been travelling around with no reaction from the gov? After the lad from Bosnia went round my estate burning cars including a lovely Ferarri because "allah told him to do it" at least the cops asked me to keep an eye out!

Another fanatic went to Egypt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Now if the Government was thinking ahead.....( I know, I know...:o :o ) They would get their act together,and make laws to make it illegal to go abroad and join any organisation like isis.
    We can't really stop someone like her going abroad.
    And we cant really stop her coming back.

What we don't need to do is expend a lot of time, energy and money on a diplomatic mission to bring her back.
    She was attracted to the Islamic State, like a shiitfly to flypaper.
    Its not our problem.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Another fanatic went to Egypt.

And came back to a hero's welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement