Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

I'm so glad our benevolent leader has decided to welcome back the 'Irish' isis fighters. I'm sure they'll get their backdated dole money.

Thanks Leo! you ****in gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I'm so glad our benevolent leader has decided to welcome back the 'Irish' isis fighters. I'm sure they'll get their backdated dole money.

Thanks Leo! you ****in gimp.

What's this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Her husband was on bbc news yesterday, he has said that he wants her and his son to come to his home country, now that she has no place else, and anyway they want to stay together,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

goat2 wrote: »
    Her husband was on bbc news yesterday, he has said that he wants her and his son to come to his home country, now that she has no place else, and anyway they want to stay together,

He isn't her husband, they aren't married.

He would probably be facing a statutory rape charge on top of everything else if he made it back to Holland.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

All these ISIS thugs are the same.
    Brave when shooting unarmed old Yazidi men and women. Very brave then.
    As soon as they are stripped of their weapons and facing the prospect of a trial in the middle east for their crimes, they suddenly want to return home again. All the BS about being sorry and all that.

If ISIS made a comeback and these followers thought they could live the life out there again, they'd be on the first plane back to the middle east.

Seriously twisted individuals who have no place in the west.

What happens next time they get frustrated with western values or western foreign policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I thought he was, sorry,
    But why then does she want him back,
    She must be really brainwashed

What happens next time they get frustrated with western values or western foreign policy?

More of a reason not to base foreign policy on outright war mongering.

Basically don't try and be the arsonist and the fire brigade.

Maybe this pickle of a situation may not arise going into the future.

I thought he was, sorry,
    But why then does she want him back,
    She must be really brainwashed

They think are married, probably had a ceremony.

But it won't be recognized.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

ISIS 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

In relation to Jihadis and their return - some people would say they should be shot on sight.
    Failing that, the state should not incur any costs in getting them back, for those that can make their own way back they should be tried for Treason.

'Section 1 of the Treason Act provides that treason can be committed by anyone in Ireland, or outside Ireland by any citizen or resident of Ireland. It was a capital offence, until the death penalty was abolished in 1990. The sentence now is life imprisonment, with parole in not less than 40 years.'

• Advertisement

When was the last time anyone was tried for Treason in Ireland?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Boggles wrote: »
    They think are married, probably had a ceremony.

But it won't be recognized.

They got married in a Sharia ceremony which is religious only and needs a legal ceremony performed by those authorised by the state to make it legal. Since Islamic State was never an internationally recognised state neither then would any 'legal' marriage that was performed under it's 'laws'. I don't think so anyway.

When was the last time anyone was tried for Treason in Ireland?
    Probably 1916

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Small piece of that:
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7637485/db2244b4/yago_ging_vechten_voor_is.html

Now, if i would translate the comments under that clip and not make it clear i was quoting, i probably would be banned from here till 2167

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Even the Germans have announced they will strip ISIS fighters of their German citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I must admit I did enjoy watching him squirm with that 'I'm screwed' expression on his face.

He was looking well though for someone who was tortured and starved. Had a nice close shave too. You wouldn't think he was a Jihadi terrorist if you passed him on the street :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭malinheader

AllForIt wrote: »
    I must admit I did enjoy watching him squirm with that 'I'm screwed' expression on his face.

He was looking well though for someone who was tortured and starved. Had a nice close shave too. You wouldn't think he was a Jihadi terrorist if you passed him on the street :eek:

His appearance epitomises the sickening softly softly approach given to these murdering scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

What's this nonsense?
    if this is the story https://www.thesun.ie/news/3598479/leo-varadkar-irish-citizen-isis/ then " the individual is believed to have been based in Dublin before heading out to the Middle East." doesn't read necessarily Irish born to me;
    if true, for sure citizenship must be revocable.
    but had a question: once citizenship is revoked, is there anything legal preventing these ppl to return to EU as refugees ?

mvl wrote: »
    once citizenship is revoked, is there anything legal preventing these ppl to return to EU as refugees ?

No.

It would also be an awful lot harder to deport them if they have been made stateless.

At the end of the day the vast majority of them will be released.

God knows where they may turn up.

No.

It would also be an awful lot harder to deport them if they have been made stateless.

At the end of the day the vast majority of them will be released.

God knows where they may turn up.

If they have no passports it won't be the UK or Ireland thankfully.

We are not going to invite them back and let them sponge off the rest of us which is what will happen. I'm not comfortable having the Irish ISIS followers back either. They made their choice.

• Advertisement

But fook the rest of Europe?

Cool.

Also it's not that hard fabricate a passport if you have the right equipment.

But fook the rest of Europe?

Cool.

Also it's not that hard fabricate a passport if you have the right equipment.

I don't see the rest of Europe queuing up to have them back either. You may find this hard to believe but the non English speaking world are often as tough on terrorists as the English speaking one. They are not keen to have them back either because they know they will have to be watched and will always have some residual sympathy for ISIS. These are the hardest of hardcore followers, who stuck it out to the very end and only then "regretted" their involvement.

As for talk of this girl being groomed that's offensive to genuine victims of grooming particularly in the UK. This girl knew full well what she was getting into, and far from being a victim, was part of the criminality. And she still has few regrets as a 19 year old adult.

The liberal left will always side with the terrorists over victims it seems. It appears to be their way of getting attention.

I don't see the rest of Europe queuing up to have them back either. You may find this hard to believe but the non English speaking world are often as tough on terrorists as the English speaking one. They are not keen to have them back either because they know they will have to be watched and will always have some residual sympathy for ISIS. These are the hardest of hardcore followers, who stuck it out to the very end and only then "regretted" their involvement.

It was in context of them arriving back as refugees.
    As for talk of this girl being groomed that's offensive to genuine victims of grooming particularly in the UK. This girl knew full well what she was getting into, and far from being a victim, was part of the crimes. And she still has few regrets as a 19 year old adult.

Well, the Met are being offensive to "genuine victims of grooming" so.
    The liberal left will always side with the terrorists over victims it seems. It appears to be their way of getting attention.

Why is it that people who don't support stupidity are always labelled liberal left? Who the fook is siding with terrorists :confused:

Did you just run of things to say and decided to go full loon, is that what happened?

It was in context of them arriving back as refugees.

Well, the Met are being offensive to "genuine victims of grooming" so.

Why is it that people who don't support stupidity are always labelled liberal left? Who the fook is siding with terrorists :confused:

Did you just run of things to say and decided to go full loon, is that what happened?

They are free to go anywhere as refugees but it won't be a nice life for them. They know no German, French, etc and they have no family in Europe.

Nope, they want UK consular assistance, a passport and to fly back to the UK where they can return to a relatively cushy life, subsidized by everyone else. They want no consequences for joining the world's worst terrorist group. They should have thought about this before joining ISIS and in fact they said at the time they were leaving for good. As I said before, you can't just be allowed slip in and out of foreign terrorist regimes without consequences. There has to be a serious deterrent to that.

They are free to go anywhere as refugees but it won't be a nice life for them. They know no German, French, etc and they have no family in Europe.

:confused:

Begum herself has "extended family" in Holland.
    Nope, they want UK consular assistance, a passport and to fly back to the UK where they can return to a relatively cushy life, subsidized by everyone else. They want no consequences for joining the world's worst terrorist group. They should have thought about this before joining ISIS and in fact they said at the time they were leaving for good.

Sure you don't formulate a solution around what "they want".

I thought that would be obvious, no?

Also if you could answer the question, who on here is siding with terrorists?

:confused:

Begum herself has "extended family" in Holland.

Sure you don't formulate a solution around what "they want".

I thought that would be obvious, no?

Also if you could answer the question, who on here is siding with terrorists?

Take a guess. It isn't me.

Now lets talk about the victims of ISIS. Are you appalled by what happened to them? Do you agree ISIS is one of the worst if not the worst terrorist organization in history?

Holland I believe said they don't want her either by the way. No-one wants her except the liberal left who would turn away no-one and welcome everyone to these islands. ISIS, AQ, etc, no problem, all welcome. Live off the dole, plan your terrorist acts. And then the liberal left can complain about western foreign policy once more.

Take a guess. It isn't me.

Ah. If you are going to make a claim have the balls to back it son, or just retract it.
    Now lets talk about the victims of ISIS. Are you appalled by what happened to them? Do you agree ISIS is one of the worst if not the worst terrorist organization in history?

I think all needless death is appalling.
    No-one wants her except the liberal left
    'She has had two babies that have died. We must have some sympathy for someone who has been abused.'

That was a quote from far left activist Jacob Rees-Mogg

:rolleyes:

Ah. If you are going to make a claim have the balls to back it son, or just retract it.

I think all needless death is appalling.

That was a quote from far left activist Jacob Rees-Mogg

:rolleyes:

Oh yes, Jacob Rees-Mogg, the voice of reason in UK politics. Luckily few agree with him.

She's stateless, she's not coming back thankfully. She can live out the rest of her days in a tent somewhere for all most people care.

Why the news outlets are giving her any publicity is strange as there are far more deserving cases of sympathy. The only advantage is that she is a lesson to other young people thinking of getting involved in terrorism ie don't expect any sympathy from the west when everthing goes t*ts up for you.

Oh yes, Jacob Rees-Mogg, the voice of reason in UK politics. Luckily few agree with him.

Moot, is he "liberal left"?

Also about 16m people not so long ago agreed with him.
    She's stateless, she's not coming back thankfully.

That will be up to a court ultimately if an appeal is lodged.
    Why the news outlets are giving her any publicity is strange as there are far more deserving cases of sympathy.

You are wondering why this is news, seriously? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yeah? are you sure about that? fake passport. sneak in with refugees who may not have documentation. lots of possible ways for them to get into the uk and ireland.
    We are not going to invite them back and let them sponge off the rest of us which is what will happen. I'm not comfortable having the Irish ISIS followers back either. They made their choice.

we won't be getting a say in the matter.

As for talk of this girl being groomed that's offensive to genuine victims of grooming particularly in the UK. This girl knew full well what she was getting into, and far from being a victim, was part of the criminality. And she still has few regrets as a 19 year old adult.

that last sentence is typical rhetoric of the far-right. when one on the far-right has no argument, accuse the balanced of society, of supporting or siding with terrorists.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement