Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

On France 24 this morning there was a report of these IS brides refusing medical treatment after fleeing from their last bastion in the caliphate.
    They said (on camera) that they didn't want to be treated by infidels.

I'm sure that they will accept the infidel's welfare money though after returning to their home countries.

Just had a thought, why don't we send "Irishman" (as RTE likes to call them) Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev back to the area to help treat the ISIS brides. He did say he was an ambulance driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

old_aussie wrote: »
    meanwhile some good news...…..

So there is Honour Among islamic Terrorists.

Terrified Shamima Begum and her baby yesterday fled their refugee camp in Syria after receiving death threats.

The IS bride was bundled away to another squalid base after a price was put on her head.

Other jihadi wives believe she has disgraced their cause by bleating about her plight - and they have vowed to kill her.

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/shamima-begum-flees-syrian-refugee-camp-after-is-brides-issue-death-threats/news-story/cd618f31cfc085aa4a00b4e2e4b75329

the interviews she did, did her no favours, she still wants to be with her husband, and thought nothing of seeing a severed head in a bin, seemed heartless, but I do hope her baby is safe, it is not his fault, he is innocent in all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 39,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

goat2 wrote: »
    the interviews she did, did her no favours, she still wants to be with her husband, and thought nothing of seeing a severed head in a bin, seemed heartless, but I do hope her baby is safe, it is not his fault, he is innocent in all of this

There was a theory that she was acting less than contrite because of where she was.

That article and fact she has been moved would give it credence.

I agree though the interviews have certainly done her "no favours".

I also think that she had to be careful with wording, she was being watched, It would be good if they could get her alone to suss her out,
    The baby could be removed and sent to another country for adoption, I do not agree with her keeping him, and I certainly do not agree with her parents keeping him also,
    Baby would have a better chance of a good productive life in the right family.

The baby could be removed and sent to another country for adoption, I do not agree with her keeping him, and I certainly do not agree with her parents keeping him also,

Why?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Why?

He is an new born infant, and innocent

He is an new born infant, and innocent

What has that got to do with her parents raising him?

At the moment his parents are in a lot of trouble themselves,
    this little lad did not bring this trouble on, what is his future going to be like, his childhood, the children she already had are now dead all from the lack of proper care, what is the future for this child

this little lad did not bring this trouble on, what is his future going to be like, his childhood, the children she already had are now dead all from the lack of proper care, what is the future for this child

Hang on a second.
    I do not agree with her keeping him, and I certainly do not agree with her parents keeping him also,

You said you do not agree with Ms Begun's parents raising him.

I asked you why and you said because the child's parents are in trouble.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In trouble for what, exactly?

• Advertisement

I think that if her parents were to have him, it may be known who is as he is growing up, and maybe he would be in the public eye because of this, they may have to shield him, which in turn may lead to a childhood of fear,

But if he were to grow up in a situation that is not known, he may have more of a chance of a normal childhood,

this is only my opinion.

What would like to see happening for him

In trouble for what, exactly?

I know she was only 15 at the time she left, but, right now she is in a life threatning situation, must be frightening, her life is supposed to be in danger, what about her baby, this is what I mean by trouble,

I think that if her parents were to have him, it may be known who is as he is growing up, and maybe he would be in the public eye because of this, they may have to shield him, which in turn may lead to a childhood of fear,

But if he were to grow up in a situation that is not known, he may have more of a chance of a normal childhood,

this is only my opinion.

What would like to see happening for him

There will be a struggle to remember her name after the appeal if there is one. I wouldn't be too worried about him being famous.

The best place for the child is out of there and back in Britain where he is a citizen and he should be placed with his family, who by accounts are just decent people caught up in a horrific situation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah... they did a great job raising his mom so let them have a go at him as well.

inforfun wrote: »
    Yeah... they did a great job raising his mom so let them have a go at him as well.

Yeah, because all people who do bad things had terrible parents. :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

She's been moved to a different camp so she should be free to say what she wants now.

If she condemns ISIS and their barbarity and shows genuine remorse, then there may be a small chance of her going back to the UK. But as long as she holds hardline and unrepentant views, let he stay where she is.

She's been moved to a different camp so she should be free to say what she wants now.

If she condemns ISIS and their barbarity and shows genuine remorse, then there may be a small chance of her going back to the UK. But as long as she holds hardline and unrepentant views, let he stay where she is.
    If she'd any sense, she would've kept schtumm and quielty snuck back with the next boatload of "refugees!", as it is she has ruined any chance of that.

If she condemns ISIS and their barbarity and shows genuine remorse, then there may be a small chance of her going back to the UK.

That's just bollix though isn't it?

That's the court of public opinion nonsense, which of course is a very powerful thing as we have seen.

TBH I found her interviews pretty genuine if completely naive, insightful even.

But ones threat level shouldn't be determined by if they cry on sky news or not, that's up to the agencies and ultimately a court of law.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

That's just bollix though isn't it?

That's the court of public opinion nonsense, which of course is a very powerful thing as we have seen.

TBH I found her interviews pretty genuine if completely naive, insightful even.

But ones threat level shouldn't be determined by if they cry on sky news or not, that's up to the agencies and ultimately a court of law.

She's easily brainwashed. She was described I believe as an A grade student. It must be easy to be an A grade student if that's the case. She's clearly not the brightest. If she's so easily led by ISIS there's nothing to suggest she won't be in the future.
    She needs to put an ocean-sized chasm between her and ISIS and that starts with her condemning them. Otherwise she will always be viewed as a sympathizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She's getting back either way, Sajid Javid has already rowed back on his initial hard line on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know she was only 15 at the time she left, but, right now she is in a life threatning situation, must be frightening, her life is supposed to be in danger, what about her baby, this is what I mean by trouble,

Sorry, i misread. I though you had written HER parents. carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They’re animals. Don’t believe them. Don’t trust them. Let them die…

She's getting back either way, Sajid Javid has already rowed back on his initial hard line on her.

In what way?

The paperwork has been filed, she is stateless, she has the right to an appeal if she chooses, but I can't see anything that would suggest a roll back on Javid's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

In what way?

The paperwork has been filed, she is stateless, she has the right to an appeal if she chooses, but I can't see anything that would suggest a roll back on Javid's end.

He went from his fire and fury speech to saying this in about 3 days.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/27/sajid-javid-difficult-to-strip-shamima-begum-of-uk-citizenship

I'll put it like this, she'll be coming home before football does.

He went from his fire and fury speech to saying this in about 3 days.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/27/sajid-javid-difficult-to-strip-shamima-begum-of-uk-citizenship

I'll put it like this, she'll be coming home before football does.
    “If an individual only has one citizenship, then generally the power cannot be used because by definition if you took away their British citizenship they would be stateless,” Javid said in answer to a question from the former Labour MP John Woodcock.

“I certainly haven’t done that and I am not aware that one of my predecessors has done that in a case where they know an individual only has one citizenship, as that would be breaking international law as we understand it.”

That's not a row back, that's a doubling down.

I do find it funny that he couldn't actually shut up about her when he was issuing his threats, but now he can't comment on individual cases.

Cretin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

biko wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure who you refer to when you say "13"?
    The girls in the OP Shamima Begum, Kadiza Sultana and Amira Abase, were aged between 15 and 16 at the time they left for Syria.

As to media, yes they can't be trusted always.
    But you can listen to her own words in this video

Her own words? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I'd have absolutely no problem seeing them repatriated to Irish territory, somewhere to the west like rockall or the porcupine bank would be ideal locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭malinheader

In what way?

Great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

BBFAN wrote: »
    Her own words? Seriously?
    Not sure what you're trying to convey, because you're not conveying anything.
    Would you like to try again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement