Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

oh i'm sure they could but why would they and why should they? not their problem.

They are their problem they committed acts of terror / genocide against their population

A noose is cheap enough and kind to the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭malinheader

oh i'm sure they could but why would they and why should they? not their problem.

I'm sure they would be delighted to help out and well you know it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Infini wrote: »
    Honestly I've no sympathy for her. It was widely known how dangerous, stupid and downright repulsive these Darwin Award State animals were before they got the shíte kicked out of them and promply purged. She wanted to live in stupid country she can stay there. I've no wish to see death on her but neither would I see anyone like her back either. She supported or still supports a group of regressive animals that rape, murder and destroy for nothing more than the belief of their twisted imaginary friend. Noone can have sympathy for her while she's like that it's little more than crocodile tears now.

Agree.
    And the women and girls who went out there were absolutely critical to the rise of ISIS. They were offered as reward to jihadists who would come from around the world to claim their reward.
    These girls and women were not innocent.

I'd rather refuge was given to victims of ISIS in the west such as Yazidis than the perpetrators. This woman knew what she was getting into and has no regrets. She wants an NHS bed to deliver her baby and a year from now will be whining again about the west. Until she needs more modern healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Candie wrote: »
    As has been said, IS is a cult. Unless you believe that thousands of thousands of young men are simply savage killers by nature, then you have to accept that they've been brainwashed and depersonalized, as cults are wont to do to their recruits. I don't believe that vast numbers of young men and substantial numbers of young women are thirsty to take part in beheadings because that's just how they are, but it is how they've been moulded by that cult.

You could say Nazism was a cult too. One could say the German populace were groomed by Hitler. You could say that the German army and those who were stationed in the concentration camps would not ordinary march ppl into gas chambers to be gassed or randomly shoot ppl dead or ordinarily be comfortable seeing ppl starve to death.

What do you think we should have done with those ppl when captured. De-radicalize them? Treat them as if they were brainwashed and attempt to turn them back to normal human beings. No, you treat them like a write-off, show them no mercy, and let it be a lesson to anyone who would think of behaving the same way as they did.

The fact that she was 15 when all this kicked off for her does make my opinion seem harsh but I wouldn't be inclined to make a exception even in this case. I'm not heartless, but for me the right thing to do in this case is absolutely not to treat ppl who may or not have been radicalized in a sympathetic way no matter what. The stakes are too high I'm afraid and that is the harsh reality of it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Fuck her. She made her bed, now she can sleep in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Infini wrote: »
    Honestly I've no sympathy for her. It was widely known how dangerous, stupid and downright repulsive these Darwin Award State animals were before they got the shíte kicked out of them and promply purged. She wanted to live in stupid country she can stay there. I've no wish to see death on her but neither would I see anyone like her back either. She supported or still supports a group of regressive animals that rape, murder and destroy for nothing more than the belief of their twisted imaginary friend. Noone can have sympathy for her while she's like that it's little more than crocodile tears now.

The age of majority in Britain is not 15. The notion that she deserves the punishment and bears the responsibilty of an adult is perverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Fuck her. She made her bed, now she can sleep in it.

Especially when she has shown so little remorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Odhinn wrote: »
    The age of majority in Britain is not 15. The notion that she deserves the punishment and bears the responsibilty of an adult is perverse.

Here we go....

Ultra far left pro ISIS anti West hypocrites out in full force.

This woman is irredeemable and should be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Pkiernan wrote: »

She is a terrorist her and her husband likely butchered other men , women and children in the name of their ungodly religion and nothing more ,

But yeah let's all que up to give her hugs and a little pep talk about running off and joining terror organisations and carry out genocide.

Would she want a council house too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I can't believe there is posters happy to see her return, its actually disgusting!

She WAS 15, shes 19 now and still holds the same beliefs and openly says it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

AllForIt wrote: »
    What do you think we should have done with those ppl when captured. De-radicalize them? Treat them as if they were brainwashed and attempt to turn them back to normal human beings. No, you treat them like a write-off, show them no mercy, and let it be a lesson to anyone who would think of behaving the same way as they did.
    Actually A, in many cases that's precisely what the victors did. After the initial lust for retribution calmed down(though it claimed at least a million German lives, mostly surrendered soldiers) denazification was the procedure in play. What observers found and it shocked many of them to the core was that even the most barbarous full on Nazis on a one to one level were for the most part "normal human beings" not cartoon monsters. That's the truly scary part of humanity, damned near every one of us born under a different sky or different "truth" could be just as bad as any of the worst you might think of. Heroes and rebels against that grain are rare and that's why we celebrate and value them so much, like any rare commodity.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I can't believe there is posters happy to see her return, its actually disgusting!

She WAS 15, shes 19 now and still holds the same beliefs and openly says it.
    Oh I'd not be happy about it US, but I'd not be calling for her unborn child to be killed either. I know you aren't US, but a couple were. It's a complex problem. TBH U in an ideal world I'd leave her in the bed she made. That's my gut reaction. However we can't base civilised behaviour on our gut reactions or we undermine that civility. To nick a quote from the flic Lawrence of Arabia: Prince Feisal: With your Major Lawrence mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable. I prefer to live in the reliable world, rather than the passionate.

I do agree with Candie's early post; she needs to be watched like a hawk. She is a dangerous young woman, even if she spends the rest of her days peacefully. She's a target for the jihadis and those who fight them. If they do bring her back to the UK, she has to disappear and I don't mean in the Goodfella's mafia sense. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Here we go....

Ultra far left pro ISIS anti West hypocrites out in full force.

Total nonsense. That kind of thinking is redolent of the "logic" of ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

That girl should never be let back to the UK,,, A double tap to the back of her head would do the world a favor.

We all watched as men like her husband beheaded poor aid workers that only went there to help. We all watched as night after night the TV news was packed with atrocity after atrocity.

That girl and all her kind,, have no place in todays modern world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You have to start sending a message out to kids that this is not acceptable and there are serious consequences to their actions. That is the way you'll stop repeats of this.

In cases like this, you have to rule with an iron fist.

Head has to overcome heart and emotion.

You have to start sending a message out to kids that this is not acceptable and there are serious consequences to their actions. That is the way you'll stop repeats of this.

The wests weakness and forgiveness will be its downfall. To many people on here still cannot grasp that these people like her want them DEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Total nonsense. That kind of thinking is redolent of the "logic" of ISIS.

Wah wah wah...it's everyone fault but mine...you'd make a good Irish judge.

Wah wah wah...it's everyone fault but mine...you'd make a good Irish judge.

The usual imagined nonsense. Treating teenagers as adults is what the likes of ISIS do.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

The problem with forgiveness all stems from Christianity, forgiveness for something trivial is normal enough.

But forgiving savage's and their ilk is absolutely bonkers.

Anyone forgiving anyone who'd join a death cult who talks about a head in a bin as if it's like looking at a piece of waste is deemed a psychopath.

At 15 years of age and leaving home to join those guy's was absolutely dysfunctional, disrespectful and vile.

Best leave her with the Kurds, they'll look after her.
    She's an adult now so she can face justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The usual imagined nonsense. Treating teenagers as adults is what the likes of ISIS do.

The Iraqis refused to deport 16 year old Linda Wenzel and she is currently serving 6 years in a hellhole prison in Iraq.

Let this British girl serve 6-10 years in a Kurdish prison rather than the 2 or 3 she'd likely serve in a British Prison (i.e. holiday camp.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

sending a message about how it's unacceptible to join terrorist groups is already being done via many fronts from education, right up to trial and prison where laws have been broken. of course like anything attempts to stop repeats of this problem aren't going to be 100% a deterrent to people but at least it keeps dangerous people out of society which realistically is more important.
    there is only so much of an iron fist that can be used before a country ends up going in to abusing their power. head overcoming emotion and heart is why foreign extremists have to be sent back to their countries from syria so that the syrian people can get on with trying to rebuild their country.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

sending a message about how it's unacceptible to join terrorist groups is already being done via many fronts from education, right up to trial and prison where laws have been broken. of course like anything attempts to stop repeats of this problem aren't going to be 100% a deterrent to people but at least it keeps dangerous people out of society which realistically is more important.
    there is only so much of an iron fist that can be used before a country ends up going in to abusing their power. head overcoming emotion and heart is why foreign extremists have to be sent back to their countries from syria so that the syrian people can get on with trying to rebuild their country.

Maybe send them to an uninhabited island somewhere and let them live in huts and start from scratch.

They'll probably kill each other off anyhow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That’s their major crime in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The Iraqis refused to deport 16 year old Linda Wenzel and she is currently serving 6 years in a hellhole prison in Iraq.

Let this British girl serve 6-10 years in a Kurdish prison rather than the 2 or 3 she'd likely serve in a British Prison (i.e. holiday camp.)

british prisons are not holiday camps. this is a myth. yes they are nothing like a middle eastern or south american prison but they are not places where the majority of us would want to end up.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Prison is your answer.
    Do away with them wherever they're caught is mine.
    Anyone with a bit of sense would not want these sent back to be looked after by the good old tax payers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

In situations like this they need to make sure they end up in the hands of groups that will try them and hang them.

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Forgive and forget i say
    None of us are angles

Is that a 45 degree or 60 degree angle

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Forgive and forget i say
    None of us are angles

No but I've yet to look in to a bin filled with human heads and think nothing of it.

The prophet (PBUH) was big on cats, so she'd probably be ok.

Seriously though, she was 15 and groomed online (afaik). Whatever she might need, its not adult level punishment.

Jesus h Christ, you'd have been a popular defence witness at the Nuremburg trials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Nodin as a terrorist apologist

Who'd have thunk it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement