Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

foreign nationals are repatriated from countries all the time.

Not emass and not when dealing with thousands of terrorists with a twisted religious ideology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

correct it is . hence they will want to begin to rebuild.

Yes in time but the country is still a warzone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yes in time but the country is still a warzone

correct so when they begin to rebuild after the war they will want foreign isis members out of their country.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

correct so when they begin to rebuild after the war they will want foreign isis members out of their country.

That would assume they are not captured by rebel forces and they may want to jail ISIS memebers as punishment or hoperfully they'll be already dead at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SooDVtENq9c

after listening to this i realize they should put her on a plane put a bag over her head and drop her into ocean like they did with bin laden, no loss for society and definitely wont be missed, maybe few medal of honors for people to carry out the work, on that sewer rat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

If I imagined her as a person holding an irish passport;

1) Irish people may be put at risk to get her back to Ireland

2) If she was jailed or not jailed, the cost is on other irish people through taxes.

3) This is a person who, if they saw a decapitated irish head in a bin, wouldn't blink an eye, apparently. But they'll be happy to let those still-connected heads in Ireland pay for her upkeep/prison sentence and healthcare for the child.

She made her own bed, and years after the fact doesn't seem to care about anything other than herself and implicitly condones murder through omission.

Yeeeeah...that would be a hard "no" from me for providing help.

beejee wrote: »
    If I imagined her as a person holding an irish passport;

1) Irish people may be put at risk to get her back to Ireland

2) If she was jailed or not jailed, the cost is on other irish people through taxes.

3) This is a person who, if they saw a decapitated irish head in a bin, wouldn't blink an eye, apparently. But they'll be happy to let those still-connected heads in Ireland pay for her upkeep/prison sentence and healthcare for the child.

She made her own bed, and years after the fact doesn't seem to care about anything other than herself and implicitly condones murder through omission.

Yeeeeah...that would be a hard "no" from me for providing help.

minimising the over-all risk the likes of her pose is more important then tax payers of whichever country having to pay to lock up their isis nuts. foreign isis nuts in syria have the potential to be a risk to a number of countries. if locked up in their home countries then managed properly they will be unable to be a risk to anyone as they would not be allowed out of prison. nobody is going to have to go in to get them so no lives will be put at risk to bring the foreign terrorists back to where they came from which is perfectly reasonable given as pointed out syria is still a war zone.

minimising the over-all risk the likes of her pose is more important then tax payers of whichever country having to pay to lock up their isis nuts

if locked up in their home countries then managed properly they will be unable to be a risk to anyone as they would not be allowed out of prison.

nobody is going to have to go in to get them so no lives will be put at risk

But kept locked up in Syria where they committed genocide the risk is minimised and they not will they be treated with kindness or respect

minimising the over-all risk the likes of her pose is more important then tax payers of whichever country having to pay to lock up their isis nuts. foreign isis nuts in syria have the potential to be a risk to a number of countries. if locked up in their home countries then managed properly they will be unable to be a risk to anyone as they would not be allowed out of prison. nobody is going to have to go in to get them so no lives will be put at risk to bring the foreign terrorists back to where they came from which is perfectly reasonable given as pointed out syria is still a war zone.

No. I wouldn't be supporting the sustenance and maintenance of someone who, in all likelihood, would like to see me dead.

Trying to frame that having someone from Isis freely roam around Ireland (or even in prison as a potential preacher) is less risky than having them far, far, far removed from Ireland without a chance of getting back? Nope.

And nobody will have to go get her? I don't care if its a helicopter pilot that has to fly over dangerous territory for 60 seconds to pick her up. The fact is that the pilots life is being put in danger for the benefit of someone like her. That's a "nope" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The reality is, she is a much a victim as she is a terrorist.

Once Britain starts to acknowledge they helped create her then they may be able to stop these things happening in the future. Populist sound bites from politicians don't help matters of course.

She is what she is now and it certainly is a pickle for Britain, but it's very much their problem.

The bottom line though, she was failed as a child, she should have been protected, but wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Would it be a good idea that if they did bring her home, they could find out about others and the way isis works from her, get the details of how she was convinced to join isis and travel to the place she is, who helped her,

No. I wouldn't be supporting the sustenance and maintenance of someone who, in all likelihood, would like to see me dead.

Trying to frame that having someone from Isis freely roam around Ireland (or even in prison as a potential preacher) is less risky than having them far, far, far removed from Ireland without a chance of getting back? Nope.

And nobody will have to go get her? I don't care if its a helicopter pilot that has to fly over dangerous territory for 60 seconds to pick her up. The fact is that the pilots life is being put in danger for the benefit of someone like her. That's a "nope" too.

who said they would be running free in their home country?
    yes of course having them locked up in their home country is less risky then letting them run free where they are because where they are they have the potential to get to a number of different countries and do god knows what whereas locked up back at home means they aren't in the general population of anywhere ergo they can't do any damage.

nobody being sent to get such people means exactly that. nobody. ergo nobody is being risked to get them because nobody is going to be sent to get them. they will have to get themselves to a country where there are irish consular staff.

at the end of the day it is not all about us but about the bigger picture and taking responsibility for our problems. we in the west are not more valuable or more important. a country does not get to dump problematic citizens on other countries or force those countries into a position where they have to take responsibility for said citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭malinheader

goat2 wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea that if they did bring her home, they could find out about others and the way isis works from her, get the details of how she was convinced to join isis and travel to the place she is, who helped her,

No it would not be a good idea. Do you not think the powers in the UK don't know this already .

No it would not be a good idea. Do you not think the powers in the UK don't know this already .

I don't think so, it had to be someone local to her that started the idea in her head in first place, How did three a level students leave the country without any one knowing, and who was the first to get them to join isis, was it one of the threes family member, how and where and how long long did it take to talk them into leaving school, family, friends to move to a danger zone, who financed all of this, who promised a good life to them

I don't think so, it had to be someone local to her that started the idea in her head in first place, How did three a level students leave the country without any one knowing, and who was the first to get them to join isis, was it one of the threes family member, how and where and how long long did it take to talk them into leaving school, family, friends to move to a danger zone, who financed all of this, who promised a good life to them

Ask the father. He should have a good idea. Surely He would of met plenty to help at the rallys he took her to

Ask the father. He should have a good idea. Surely He would of met plenty to help at the rallys he took her to

I did not know that her father was a member of anything,

I did not know that her father was a member of anything,

You don't have to be a member yo attend rallys

You don't have to be a member yo attend rallys

In support of extremists .

His daughter and son in law are terrorists

Now how did she become radicalised ( Daddy dearest)

That would rely on her being willing to co-operate with the authorities something which I would say would be unlikely.

Also when she returns to the UK she won't be given fair punishment even if she got a life sentence she would still come out of prison and pose a risk to society. If and when Syria does return to peace I'm sure they'd be looking to dish the maximum sentence and she would likely be executed which is what would keep the most people safe.

who said they would be running free in their home country?
    yes of course having them locked up in their home country is less risky then letting them run free where they are because where they are they have the potential to get to a number of different countries and do god knows what whereas locked up back at home means they aren't in the general population of anywhere ergo they can't do any damage.

nobody being sent to get such people means exactly that. nobody. ergo nobody is being risked to get them because nobody is going to be sent to get them. they will have to get themselves to a country where there are irish consular staff.

at the end of the day it is not all about us but about the bigger picture and taking responsibility for our problems. we in the west are not more valuable or more important. a country does not get to dump problematic citizens on other countries or force those countries into a position where they have to take responsibility for said citizens.

She will either be in prison, an idea that its own potential problems. Or else she will NOT be in prison, an idea that has its own potential problems. Either/or...same result of risk. And completely unnecessary risk.

In other words, no, it is not less risky to have a maniac thousands of miles away versus living next door to you, prison or not. That's a crazy stance to take.

If you think "nobody" will be involved in getting her out of there, and that she can just go of her own free accord, then let her! Whats to talk about if that were the case?

And lastly, another "no" about everyone being of equal importance to me (or the "west", or whatever).

Why don't you take a friendly evening stroll down her old place of residence and tell them all about your equal importance as they direct you toward the nearest bin? As an Irish person, I am more concerned with Ireland and what happens in Ireland than in Kazakhstan, I place myself above an American in terms of "importance", and I care more about irish political decisions than something equal in Germany.

Why don't you find a homeless person on the street and split your bank account with them? Theyre equally important, right? You care as much about that hypothetical stranger as you do yourself, right? You're willing to make that idealistic sacrifice, right? Or is it that just expect others to do it at their own expense for your peace of mind?

Idealistic nonsense! If there was some kind of penitent attitude from her, anything whatsoever, thered be something to talk about. If she held the secret to limitless energy or a cure for cancer, thered be something to talk about. Its completely and utterly a net negative. End of story.

• Advertisement

That was the other girls father.

Boggles wrote: »
    That was the other girls father.

What link are you referring to

What link are you referring to

I'm not referring to a link.

It was on the news last night.

She will either be in prison, an idea that its own potential problems. Or else she will NOT be in prison, an idea that has its own potential problems. Either/or...same result of risk. And completely unnecessary risk.

nothing near the risk she poses where she is

In other words, no, it is not less risky to have a maniac thousands of miles away versus living next door to you, prison or not. That's a crazy stance to take.

it's really not. it's the responsible stance to take. better then expecting someone else to clean up the west's mess.

If you think "nobody" will be involved in getting her out of there, and that she can just go of her own free accord, then let her! Whats to talk about if that were the case?

you tell me?

And lastly, another "no" about everyone being of equal importance to me (or the "west", or whatever).

Why don't you take a friendly evening stroll down her old place of residence and tell them all about your equal importance as they direct you toward the nearest bin? As an Irish person, I am more concerned with Ireland and what happens in Ireland than in Kazakhstan, I place myself above an American in terms of "importance", and I care more about irish political decisions than something equal in Germany.

Why don't you find a homeless person on the street and split your bank account with them? Theyre equally important, right? You care as much about that hypothetical stranger as you do yourself, right? You're willing to make that idealistic sacrifice, right? Or is it that just expect others to do it at their own expense for your peace of mind?

we are not so important in the west that we get to dump our terrorists on other countries especially ones who have been through a brutal conflict such as syria. you may not like that but so be it.

Idealistic nonsense! If there was some kind of penitent attitude from her, anything whatsoever, thered be something to talk about. If she held the secret to limitless energy or a cure for cancer, thered be something to talk about. Its completely and utterly a net negative. End of story.

none of this changes the fact that foreign terrorists are the problem and responsibility of the country they come from.

nothing near the risk she poses where she is

What Risk does she pose where she is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

If they let her back in it sends the message, yes go on your murderous adventure then when you are done with it come on home. You don't even need to demonstrate regret or remorse. There will be a house and healthcare and welfare here waiting for you.

Boggles wrote: »
    I'm not referring to a link.

It was on the news last night.

Sorry my mistake read the link wrong. Same outcome. Doesn't take sherlock Holmes to work out where the radicalisating came from then. He's some b-lls asking his daughter to come home.

Gatling wrote: »
    What Risk does she pose where she is

at a guess, she could potentially get back involved in whatever remains of isis that are left and could potentially try to get into many other countries around the middle east to cause trouble.
    backspin. wrote: »
    If they let her back in it sends the message, yes go on your murderous adventure then when you are done with it come on home. You don't even need to demonstrate regret or remorse. There will be a house and healthcare and welfare here waiting for you.

she is very very unlikely to be walking into a council house and wellfare benefits upon her return. most likely a police station, a court room and a prison sell. rightly so tbh.

at a guess, she could potentially get back involved in whatever remains of isis that are left .

she is very very unlikely to be walking into a council house and wellfare benefits upon her return. most likely a police station, a court room and a prison sell. rightly so tbh.

But if she can't leave Syria permanently she will likely have a short lifespan ,
    And if she was brought home she would be entitled to benefits and housing until conviction and prison ,and on her release if she ever gets to an actual trial she would be entitled to the above

• Advertisement

at a guess, she could potentially get back involved in whatever remains of isis that are left and could potentially try to get into many other countries around the middle east to cause trouble.

Jesus h christ. Your worried she might get involved again or try to get into another country and cause trouble. And then you think she should be allowed back into the UK. Holy fcuk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement