Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

backspin. wrote: »
    If they let her back in it sends the message, yes go on your murderous adventure then when you are done with it come on home. You don't even need to demonstrate regret or remorse. There will be a house and healthcare and welfare here waiting for you.

A new type of J1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Boggles wrote: »
    The reality is, she is a much a victim as she is a terrorist.

Once Britain starts to acknowledge they helped create her then they may be able to stop these things happening in the future. Populist sound bites from politicians don't help matters of course.

She is what she is now and it certainly is a pickle for Britain, but it's very much their problem.

The bottom line though, she was failed as a child, she should have been protected, but wasn't.

I'd be interested to know how exactly you came to the conclusion that society failed her.

She knew what she was doing, she wanted to go off to be with nutjobs who still live in the 14th century and even now says she was happy enough over there.

The Brits might have their faults but they are blameless on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Gatling wrote: »
    But if she can't leave Syria permanently she will likely have a short lifespan ,
    And if she was brought home she would be entitled to benefits and housing until conviction and prison ,and on her release if she ever gets to an actual trial she would be entitled to the above

given that she is said to be high risk she will be on remand so won't be entitled to a house or benefits before conviction. the time
    she will spend in prison gives lots of time to change the sentences for people like her. in fact i think as it is britain can keep prisoners inside indefinitely if they are a high risk to the public.
    Jesus h christ. Your worried she might get involved again or try to get into another country and cause trouble. And then you think she should be allowed back into the UK. Holy fcuk.

the uk are more likely to actually deal with her and have the resources to insure she cannot be any kind of risk to anyone.
    I'd be interested to know how exactly you came to the conclusion that society failed her.

She knew what she was doing, she wanted to go off to be with nutjobs who still live in the 14th century and even now says she was happy enough over there.

The Brits might have their faults but they are blameless on this one.

actually they aren't blameless. i believe they are in a position to have been able to do a lot more to stop their citizens from going off to join isis yet they did very little if we are honest.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Considering NATO funded, trained and supported ISIS in their efforts to effect regime change in Syria shouldn't she receive a hero's welcome home?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Considering NATO funded, trained and supported ISIS in their efforts to effect regime change in Syria shouldn't she receive a hero's welcome home?

Link please?

• Advertisement

I'm curious.
    How do you verify someone's membership of ISIS?

Is there a database and a membership number like if you were a member of a sport's club or emp!oyee of a company ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Jesus h christ. Your worried she might get involved again or try to get into another country and cause trouble. And then you think she should be allowed back into the UK. Holy fcuk.

What I find bewildering is that some seem to feel that the UK have 'a duty of care' to her, not only that the UK are behoved to have her back.

As if, if she continued to participate in terrorist activity that would be bad for her, as it would put her life in danger, her being the primary concern???

Edit: I have even heard some commentators in the UK suggest her situation is the UK's fault for not weeding out grooming in the first place. WTF ! As if that kind of stuff can be easily prevented. And when ppl like Tommy Robinson call out grooming in mosques he's depicted as a villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She knew what she was doing

Doesn't matter, she was still a child.

"she knew what she was doing" wouldn't be tolerated as a defense in any grooming trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

actually they aren't blameless. i believe they are in a position to have been able to do a lot more to stop their citizens from going off to join isis yet they did very little if we are honest.

Really?

So what more could they have done, if they put 2.6 million muslims on a watch list you would be the very man shouting racism about it.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Link please?

It's no big secret.

Lindsey Graham, Joe Biden, General Martin Dempsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Link please?

Trollcentral.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Really?

So what more could they have done, if they put 2.6 million muslims on a watch list you would be the very man shouting racism about it.

what they could certainly have done is invest in their security forces to insure they have the resources so that they can gather information along with monitoring currently known and when found, future extremists. invest in their border force so that people suspected of going to join certain groups can be stopped from leaving the country. possibly make it a criminal offence to go to a country that is a war zone without proof of legitimate reasoning to go to that country, meaning that aid workers can still go as long as they are signed up with any of the legitimate aid organisations.
    yes if all muslims in a country were put on a watch list i would class it as racism and discrimination and would come out against it. muslims who are found to be extremists on the other hand should absolutely be put on a watch list.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I have heard the Labour shadow UK minister for Equality say that women should be treated more leniently when convicted of crimes because often their crimes are associated with men. Shocking point of view. Poor defenseless ordinarily upstanding female human beings. The very same Labour party that thought that Thatcher was evil. She was female was she not.

What I hear in this issue is that men have warped her mind. Not that so much she was brainwashed but specifically it was a man who brainwashed a womans mind, and her case is all 'mens' fault, cause ordinary all women are just totally lovely, like a flower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭malinheader

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Brits would only be collateral damage
    Same as the brit girls in rochdale etc

Don't mention Rochdale or Rotherham, were supposed to forget this happened.

For the sake of diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Boggles wrote: »
    The reality is, she is a much a victim as she is a terrorist.

Once Britain starts to acknowledge they helped create her then they may be able to stop these things happening in the future. Populist sound bites from politicians don't help matters of course.

She is what she is now and it certainly is a pickle for Britain, but it's very much their problem.

The bottom line though, she was failed as a child, she should have been protected, but wasn't.

Nonsense, just kill them both

Or should I say kill her , the unborn isn’t a person yet

Lots of people on here with different views.
    I myself am totally opposed to letting her back in.

But I don't think anyone on here would agree with your view on the unborn.

Anyone who does is no better than the terrorists were condeming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Bundle of cells just isn't that what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

minimising the over-all risk the likes of her pose is more important then tax payers of whichever country having to pay to lock up their isis nuts. foreign isis nuts in syria have the potential to be a risk to a number of countries. if locked up in their home countries then managed properly they will be unable to be a risk to anyone as they would not be allowed out of prison. nobody is going to have to go in to get them so no lives will be put at risk to bring the foreign terrorists back to where they came from which is perfectly reasonable given as pointed out syria is still a war zone.

If your argument is predicated on risk management, then surely you should have regard to first principles and eliminate the risk...?

Nine months.???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

I'm curious.
    How do you verify someone's membership of ISIS?

Is there a database and a membership number like if you were a member of a sport's club or emp!oyee of a company ?
    Most of the clowns who joined publicly declared their allegience on social media.

what they could certainly have done is invest in their security forces to insure they have the resources so that they can gather information along with monitoring currently known and when found, future extremists. invest in their border force so that people suspected of going to join certain groups can be stopped from leaving the country. possibly make it a criminal offence to go to a country that is a war zone without proof of legitimate reasoning to go to that country, meaning that aid workers can still go as long as they are signed up with any of the legitimate aid organisations.
    yes if all muslims in a country were put on a watch list i would class it as racism and discrimination and would come out against it. muslims who are found to be extremists on the other hand should absolutely be put on a watch list.
    The absolute numbers to observe is mind boggling. We are talking 10s of thousands that may physically take part in jihad, and 100s of thousands that would turn a blind eye or offer support. Contrast to the heigth of our own troubles, there was at most 200 active service members of the IRa and a cpl of thousand sympathisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

at a guess, she could potentially get back involved in whatever remains of isis that are left and could potentially try to get into many other countries around the middle east to cause trouble.

she is very very unlikely to be walking into a council house and wellfare benefits upon her return. most likely a police station, a court room and a prison sell. rightly so tbh.

She'll serve little time in a British prison and will be out before.she is 25.

She will then suckle off the teat of the taxpayer for the rest of her life. As will the kids she will have.

And will also waste taxpayers money trying to launch legal challenges for her Dutch Jihadi husband to be allowed move to the UK.

Leave her to the Syrians or Kurds to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

BBC Video link to satire sketch

Real Housewives of Isis: 'They want Muslims to be offended, but we aren’t'
    BBC2 sketch has been criticised as ‘morally bankrupt’ but many say satire is British tradition and can help fight terrorism

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/06/real-housewives-of-isis-they-want-muslims-to-be-offended-but-we-arent

worded wrote: »
    BBC Video link to satire sketch

Real Housewives of Isis: 'They want Muslims to be offended, but we aren’t'
    BBC2 sketch has been criticised as ‘morally bankrupt’ but many say satire is British tradition and can help fight terrorism

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/06/real-housewives-of-isis-they-want-muslims-to-be-offended-but-we-arent
    Satire or documentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Fiftyfilthy, don't post in this thread again,

Buford T. Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So new Isis bride /mum is asking people show her sympathy and support .

Like the people she and her fellow Isis members showed while butchering people on an industrial scale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i cant believe people like end of road sympathize with her.

That said she's adult now, as someone mentioned no one will move her at this point, even after birth GB government isn't entitled to care for her or provide support to where she is.

without going keyboard warrior on this simple solution once she appears at any embassy is to strip her of uk passport, shes pakistani or smth so might as well seek refuge there.

As if someone in government were to give green light i dont think theyd last long in their career. Given current situation with brexit and failed goverment as is, this would be seen as pouring jet fuel into fire to even consider having her on EU soil.

As listening from interviews she seems washed to the point where she will be perfect recruitment poster for isis - as she described it its like advertised for young women being there.
    it wouldnt take a genius to say shes radicalized and would be pain in the hole to have her surveid as opposed to sending message if you join terrorists your on your own.

that's why no one will lift a finger to change anything, just news beating drum until it will be forgotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

When it suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Apparently she's now given birth.

(Does she have another nationality? I heard her parents say something about it not being legal to strip her of her British nationality, so I think maybe that means she doesn't have another one, but perhaps they were just chancing their arm.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement