Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My name is Inigo Montoya....

Options

Comments

"All of my life. Saturday morning cartoons. The best. For example, remember those two little shrimps coming in, riding seahorses, little chaps, little pistols? Bang! Bang! Bang! Shooting over their shoulders. Rescue that lobster from the Swedish cook. Funniest thing I ever saw in my life! Splendid work, by the way."

William Strannix in Under Seige.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure!"

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

"You're an inanimate f*cking object!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."
    Top Gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Ipso wrote: »
    Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was comin’ back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. We’d just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn’t know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin’ and hollerin’ and sometimes that shark he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ those sharks come in and… they rip you to pieces.

You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don’t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin’, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boson’s mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he’d been bitten in half below the waist.

At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol’ fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin’ for my turn. I’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb.”

Charlie in always sunny in Philadelphia does good skit of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The first hour or so of Full Metal Jacket is just gold for quotes... Pretty much everything Hartman says is epic.

Predator and Commando already mentioned but I'd add The Running Man as full of brilliant Arnie one-liners as well, including the best comeback to his signature line ever :

Arnie : I'll be back!
    Killian : Only in a rerun!

Nicolas Cage's "Lord of War" is another great film with a great opener..

"There are over 500 million fire arms in the worldwide circulation. That's one fire arm for every twelve people on the planet.

The only question is

How do we arm the other eleven?"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

"Would you fůck me? I'd fůck me."

"I would not have let that happen to you.
    Discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to me."

Both from Silence of the Lambs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Tanner: "All we got on this team are a buncha Jews, spics, ****, pansies, and a booger-eatin' moron!"

They just dont write lines for 10 years olds like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

You're on thin fuckin' ice my pedigree chums, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now fuck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

'You only think I guessed wrong, that's what's so funny.
    I switched glasses when your back was turned.
    Haha. You fool.
    You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!”'
    Hahahahahahaha'

(Dies.)

The Princess Bride

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

A quote from one of my Favourite movies of all time, A Fistful of Dynamite!

“I know what I am talking about when I am talking about the revolutions. The people who read the books go to the people who can't read the books, the poor people, and say, "We have to have a change." So, the poor people make the change, ah? And then, the people who read the books, they all sit around the big polished tables, and they talk and talk and talk and eat and eat and eat, eh? But what has happened to the poor people? They're dead!!!! That's your revolution.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

“I bet you’re the kind of guy that fcuks a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I’ll be watching you.”

"You can't just ask someone why they're white!"

"Is butter a carb?

"Ex-boyfriends are off limits to friends. That's just, like, the rules of feminism"

“Somebody wrote in that book that I’m lying about being a virgin because I use super jumbo tampons, but I can’t help it if I’ve got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!”

“That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.”

"You smell like a baby prostitute!"

- Mean Girls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"I'm not wipin' meself with a Tayto bag"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

"Somebody step on a duck?", Al Czervik in Caddyshack, on letting rip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

INCONCEIVABLE

You keep using that word I don't think it means what you think it means.

Bye bye boys; Have fun storming the castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

Bricktop- Snatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Frank Drebin: You got an address?

Ed: Monique Di Carlo, 210 Bleckmond St.

Frank Drebin: That's the Red Light district, i wonder what Savage is doing hanging out down there...

Ed: Sex Frank?

Frank Drebin: Eeeh..no, not right now Ed. We got work to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

All time classic
    "Poor baby, your startin' to lose it, aren't yah?"

Chess computer makes move.

"Cheatin' bitch."
    "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. And when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS F**KING COUCH!"

• Advertisement

Nah Man, I'm pretty ****ing far from OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Do you know what Nemesis means?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I did not hit her. It’s not true. It’s bull****. I did not hit her. I did not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Sam Hain wrote: »
    I did not hit her. It’s not true. It’s bull****. I did not hit her. I did not.

Oh Hi Mark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

“Tell me something I don’t know?”

“I open mouth kissed a horse once!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

1.21 Gigawatts!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

"It's like looking in a mirror, only not"

"Now, I have got to go. I've got a government job to abuse and a lonely wife to fùck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

• Advertisement

"I love you girls. Y'know, somewhere out there are four terrible fathers I wish I could thank for this great night!"

-Ted

Advertisement